Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumours of Sabbats for next year....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

I'm not going for any position this year. Thanks for the ego boost though! :)

Always the campaigner, never the candidate!

Do you think you could be persuaded to run jason?
    Myself and many others have commented that you'd fit in well in a sabbatical team.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

Not possible I am afraid. Everyone is on the system :-)
    Hi again Ginge Young.

John told me that he opted out of the email agreement the university has when registering as a research student and therefore he has no XXXXXXX@studentmail.ul.ie or firstname.surname@ul.ie email address. If you make a request to student records they might tell you if John Cambridge is registered or not.

I thought searching for someone in an email database would be a slightly crude way to confirm or deny if they are a registered student/staff member but obviously not.

Regards,

JR, hand of the king

You're?

I have no political aspirations. Cambridge has some fairly ambitious plans, e.g. involved in education at a national level. I am just trying to get my degree done. I have some experience in SU elections and JC asked me to be his manager. Couldn't say no. In future I'd rather keep discussions to JC rather than myself.

Hi John.

What does cambridge think of the competition for the role of president - paddy rockett, aoife kenny, kelly o b, that engineering lad?

who would he like to see as his two companions in buckingham palace?

wilson/kennedy in welfare?

kennedy/canning in education?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Hi guys,

Would just like to introduce myself as John Ryan, john cambridge's campaign manager for this term. I would like to apologise for John Cambridge's comments in the other thread, he gets a little carried away at times. If you have any genuine and sincere questions I can answer on his behalf. You can think of me as the King's hand, I can speak with his voice.

Thank you.

Choose Cambridge.

Might make more sense to start a thread for John's campaign, rather than turn a thread about rumours into a campaign thread. Seeing as Mr. Cambridge is definitely running it hardly qualifies as a rumour does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

and banned for re-regging, so can we presume this was b*ll all along

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

freyners wrote: »
    and banned for re-regging, so can we presume this was b*ll all along

Has anyone actually thought anything else? :pac:

Being deliberately polite to trolls is hard. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jasonpkennedy

horsemeat wrote: »
    Do you think you could be persuaded to run jason?
    Myself and many others have commented that you'd fit in well in a sabbatical team.

I don't think so. I was going to go for CO, but that's gone now. Cheers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I don't think so. I was going to go for CO, but that's gone now. Cheers though.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

horsemeat wrote: »
    Hi John.

What does cambridge think of the competition for the role of president - paddy rockett, aoife kenny, kelly o b, that engineering lad?

who would he like to see as his two companions in buckingham palace?

wilson/kennedy in welfare?

kennedy/canning in education?

Still wondering who you are.... Not going to answer that no? It's just since you said I have no charm or charisma I've been clutching my knees rocking back and forth on the couch wrapped in a blanket shared with all the current sabbats watching countdown in the gap between judge judy and desperate housewives.
    Sitting at home reflecting introspectively while eating bonbons and giving each other peticures has opened up some serious personal questions spurred by your comments.

Also - want to go for a pint? I need to get out of the house...

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Oxford_

Still wondering who you are.... Not going to answer that no? It's just since you said I have no charm or charisma I've been clutching my knees rocking back and forth on the couch wrapped in a blanket shared with all the current sabbats watching countdown in the gap between judge judy and desperate housewives.
    Sitting at home reflecting introspectively while eating bonbons and giving each other peticures has opened up some serious personal questions spurred by your comments.

Also - want to go for a pint? I need to get out of the house...

Tony

Your latent attempt at being humorous was anything but. #tryingtoohardTony

Glad to see cambridge was banned. He was telling me all week he wanted to play soccer and then tried to make a fool of me on thread.

I should be unleashing my own campaign in a couple of weeks, stay tuned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Maybe ye should have a boat race instead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Who's next? Stanford? Brookes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Who's next? Stanford? Brookes?

LCAD. Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 colon

The treatment of Cambridge and his election crew is surly unjust and shows how low the usual su types will go to scupper his campaign. Fear not Cambridge, the masses will rise and sweep you to victory

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

Your latent attempt at being humorous was anything but. #tryingtoohardTony

Latent? acknowledging that it is funny but you couldn't see that it was funny? Awks.

colon wrote: »
    The treatment of Cambridge and his election crew is surly unjust and shows how low the usual su types will go to scupper his campaign. Fear not Cambridge, the masses will rise and sweep you to victory

And your contibutions have been suitably excreted from your more than appropriate username....

I reckon common sense will prevail.

The common sense which says that those who will vote will unfortunately be a minority while those who will moan will just be a vocal minority focusing on the negatice, refusing to acknowledge the positive and never being helpful.

Thanks for the entertainment......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

And your contibutions have been suitably excreted from your more than appropriate username....

I reckon common sense will prevail.

The common sense which says that those who will vote will unfortunately be a minority while those who will moan will just be a vocal minority focusing on the negatice, refusing to acknowledge the positive and never being helpful.

Thanks for the entertainment......

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Hi Cambridge, welcome back, you expect to be staying long this time?

Got to hand it to Sid/cambridge/cambridge4prez/Oxford_/colon, must be hard for one person to remember so many different login details. :pac:

probably all the same password.... Although maybe he just has them by module codes or something....

Someone should research that. Although of course not Ginge(r) cos he's only good with his hands apparently.

• Advertisement

shabouwcaw wrote: »
    Latent? acknowledging that it is funny but you couldn't see that it was funny? Awks.

Latent yes. Do you want me to define it for you?

Not once did I acknowledge that it was funny, I said it was an attempt at humour, one which wasn't funny.

Your above post gives the impression that you have failed to have grasped this correctly. Maybe when you finish "A Way With Words 3" you might be able to understand these more "challenging" sentences.

From the Oxford Online Dictionary (I used the Oxford instead of any other, since I figured you seem to like it):
    latent /ˈleɪt(ə)nt/, adjective, (of a quality or state) existing but not yet developed or manifest; hidden or concealed:
    they have a huge reserve of latent talent

Having defined it, I think you will now see the humour in what I have written.

"A Way With Words 3" does sound great though, I shall read it once I've finished riding your ma.

It was funny to me while I was writing it - I'm sorry you didn't get it. Well done on the use of the thesaurus though.

None of this is adding anything though - it's just the usual tripe which results from someone with a love of wooden spoons and manure.

I can't actually see from this thread who it is that the rumours are going around about - I've read it all but I'm still not clear. Anyone care to sum up at this point?

shabouwcaw wrote: »
    "A Way With Words 3" does sound great though, I shall read it once I've finished riding your ma.

When somebody cannot back up their point it is not uncommon for them to resort to petty insults. I will leave Mr. Sceptre and Mr. Peteee deal with you.

When somebody cannot back up their point it is not uncommon for them to resort to petty insults.

Pot. Kettle.

Anyone care to sum up at this point?

Off the top of my head.

In terms of rumours:

Sabbats - Kelly, Paddy and Aoife.
    "C&S people" - Myself, yourself and Lily.
    Other people - Murt, Darragh and Jason.

In terms of actual confirmed people who are not pseudonymous accounts posting:

no one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

15071638.jpg

So at this stage anyone with an opinion on the election that is contrary to the usual lame wrist'd su view is lumped into the mega-form of Cambridge et al. Contemptible.

<personal insults snipped>

So at this stage anyone with an opinion on the election that is contrary to the usual lame wrist'd su view is lumped into the mega-form of Cambridge et al. Contemptible.

No, just people who structure their posts remarkably similar to his, and who go out of their way to bring snide remarks into everything rather than debate the issues. Had cambridge not insisted on insulting basically every poster here there would not have been a problem.

• Advertisement

I would have thought that people running for a political/administrative role should be made of sterner stuff. Again a damming indictment on the calibre of person that the union attracts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement