Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumours of Sabbats for next year....

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

bazkennedy wrote: »
    To be honest I was never planning on running, just took out the form to wind a few people up (and it worked). The reaction of people I know and don't know has been interesting. I had 4 randomers come up to me on Tuesday night and ask me questions about my policies (if any legitimate welfare candidates want to contact me for some of the ideas raised send me a message).

I have stated on a few occasions that I think my time to leave UL/Limerick has come and I intend to finish up my degree and move on to bigger and better things. That and I've done my stint as a candidate and don't think i have the energy for that again (and I have an fyp to finish)

<snip>

Plus it just wouldn't be feasible to re-organise my campaign team on short notice with them scattered around the country/world :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Plus it just wouldn't be feasible to re-organise my campaign team on short notice with them scattered around the country/world :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVlXYoVZHfA

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Well played Mr. Candidate, well played! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

So candidates now confirmed (please excuse any spelling mistakes):

President: Adam Moursy, David Hartery & Eamonn Horgan

Welfare: Kelly O' Brien, Cathal Ronan & William Jennings

Education: Paddy Rockett & Jackie Woods

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

djnr8 wrote: »

President: Adam Moursy, David Hartery & Eamonn Hourigan

God I hope Rockett doesn't get ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is Andrew O Doherty not running for Education?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eldorro88

It's Eamonn Horgan, not Eamonn Hourigan. Bit particular about these things.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd be hoping for Hartery, O'Brien and Woods to get elected going by this list.

Though I think Rockett has Ed sewn up because, whatever else about him, he's very personable and knows how to win people over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Too bad not too many people knows that Paddy doesn't like desk jobs or rules :-\

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jester252 wrote: »
    Too bad not too many people knows that Paddy doesn't like desk jobs or rules :-\

Yeah... I don't get it to be honest. I mean, he would be perfectly suited to do Keith Quinlan's job, and the campaigns part of his brief this year were handled pretty competently. But by his own admission at the EGM he "fúcking hate being stuck behind a desk", and I can understand that. But why run for a position that requires a lot of meetings and paperwork and such... I just don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

eldorro88 wrote: »
    It's Eamonn Horgan, not Eamonn Hourigan. Bit particular about these things.

Apologies. As I said, please excuse any mistakes. Rectified now
    I had not seen the name written down, I only heard it.

Those are the names that were announced in the union at 6 this evening.
    Few names there I know nothing about

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Belly OS

bazkennedy wrote: »

That is my line Baz. It only works for me. Just ask Mr. Moonpie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

Hey, what happened today?! Haha... Welfare had about 6 names tied to it as the day went on, but anyways - we're down to the final three now. Im helping with the Will Jennings campaign - just read the official elections post so figured I'd declare that on here now. Best of luck everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

As we're now out of rumourland (at least the bits of it referring to who might be running), I'm going to lock this and direct you all towards the elections thread. Engines started and all that.

Any comments you've made here that you reckon are just as home in the post-rumour elections thread (and there are some), feel free to repost them over there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement