Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumours of Sabbats for next year....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bambismom

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

I saw Paddy Rockett and David Hartery with a form today. I know Dave is running for President (as I signed his form), but am I right to assume that Paddy's running for the same thing?

Awkward moment when I don't see what I did.... Can you elaborate?

As far as I know, Paddy is running for Education.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Whose campaign are you referring to?

Was just about to ask that! I'm assuming Paddy?

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Whose campaign are you referring to?

Sorry, fixed that.

bambismom wrote: »
    Awkward moment when I don't see what I did.... Can you elaborate?

Sure.
    bambismom wrote:
    Wilson did not pick up her application form in the SU today. Wilson was not even in the SU today! Trust me, I would know.

From earlier on in this thread:
    bambismom wrote:
    I rarely comment on boards but I found this post rather insulting.....

<post snipped to save space>

Yours,
    Deirdre Wilson

So you said you knew that Wilson wasn't in the SU. That would be because you are the person in question. That's what you did there.

I have too much spare time on my hands.......
    As far as I know, Paddy is running for Education.

Thanks for clearing that up!

OhMSGlive wrote: »

So you said you knew that Wilson wasn't in the SU. That would be because you are the person in question. That's what you did there.

Well seeing as I am Wilson... I think I would know whether I was in the SU or not. But yes, I am in fact rather unknowingly witty at times! :cool::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭johnryano

wilson for welfare
    rocket for education
    kenny for president

not sure how i feel about this triumvirate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leaoj

I reckon Moursey will beat Kenny. Lot of bad sentiment towards the SU team this year. People won't forget that when it comes to voting time.

Can you confirm if you are running deirdre?

leaoj wrote: »
    Can you confirm if you are running deirdre?

I can confirm that I am not running. After a lot of time and consideration, I have decided it is not the path I want to take in life.

I have great admiration for the people who have put their lives and souls into the SU over the years. I have been honoured to call some of them friends and think they all did the best they could do regardless of criticism. The sabbatical positions are tough roles to fill and I think it will be even more difficult next year with only three positions. I wish the people about to step into those roles all the best.

That said, I am willing to campaign for someone and have a lot of ideas that I am willing to share. I did write a manifesto in first year and sadly many of the issues are the same. So if any budding welfare candidates want a hand just let me know. :)

Now that I've upset the apple cart ever so slightly leaoj, can you tell us who your rumoured candidate is?

jesus bambi you'd swear it is the rose of tralee you're running for.

if you think you can do it better why don't you do it? why you waiting for someone else?

if not you who? if not now when?

• Advertisement

I reckon Moursey will beat Kenny. Lot of bad sentiment towards the SU team this year. People won't forget that when it comes to voting time.

why? is moursey even running? I know a guy that's mates with him and he said he's definitely not running, just rattling a few cages by standing out side the su.

johnryano wrote: »

if you think you can do it better why don't you do it? why you waiting for someone else?

if not you who? if not now when?

I don't think I could do it better,never said I could. Would love to help out on a campaign is all.

I haven't really heard of anyone considering to run, have you?

i want you to run you're the only one fit for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

That said, I am willing to campaign for someone

https://www.facebook.com/ULSUInanimateRod

I hear andrew doherty fourth yr accounting and finance and tony sheridan both going for president.

@barry kenn any thoughts on running for a position?

i'd love to see tighernan and wilson both run, think they'd do well in office

I can confirm that I intend on running for president

I've been trying to put my manifesto together in-between talking ****e in the stables last night, puking my ring up all morning.

Ill get on to it today or tomorrow, once I finish preparing all my classes and lecture for next week and Finish the last 6 chapters of my PhD... probably tomorrow id say

another doctor of education? there will be more doctors in schools than hospitals soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I hear andrew doherty fourth yr accounting and finance and tony sheridan both going for president.

@barry kenn any thoughts on running for a position?

I know Andrew very well and I dont think hes the type of guy that would run for president

Wilson is not running, as per her earlier post in this thread. Tighearnan is also not running this year (but won't rule it out next year.....).

so they said, bit naive assuming their telling the complete truth thus far, people change their minds too.

• Advertisement

so they said, bit naive assuming their telling the complete truth thus far, people change their minds too.

This close to the election? Are you sure?

are you sure?

are you sure?

Can't speak about Wilson as I don't know her, but I'm 99% certain Tighearnan isn't running.

well you're not sure so don't speak definitively. nobody knows who is running until close of nominations

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tighearnan

cheers for the vote of confidence but i will 100% not be running for welfare next week. If i ever was to run for it, it would be after 4th year.

Who is running for the non sabbaticals since they are being put in next friday to ?

Tighearnan wrote: »
    cheers for the vote of confidence but i will 100% not be running for welfare next week. If i ever was to run for it, it would be after 4th year.

Who is running for the non sabbaticals since they are being put in next friday to ?

i'd take what this guy says with a pinch of salt. how do we know it's really the tig man? there is a guy with a penchant for imitating people on this forum

No it is me :P my name is spelt the irish way so it is never taken as a username for anything. look at the join date for proof it me :)

Tighearnan wrote: »
    No it is me :P my name is spelt the irish way so it is never taken as a username for anything. look at the join date for proof it me :)

would you consider running for president this year?

something to think about over the next night or two perhaps?

I know a large portion of us feel you're the only man for the job, i think a new face with new ideas is needed asap.

not a chance of running for anything, i wanna get into 4th year. why don't you run yourself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

i'd take what this guy says with a pinch of salt. how do we know it's really the tig man? there is a guy with a penchant for imitating people on this forum

lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement