Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

so is it worth it aka ant good

Right now yea it's well worth it but from May 1st they are restructuring the data plan so tis worth your while to wait a week or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

niallkkk wrote: »
    i have switched to 48 and in my opinion the networl wud work 4 u as u get 500mb per week which is over 2 gb per month.switch now if i was u
    Are they charging you by the letter or something?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Esel wrote: »

No, dat is wat happens 2 UR spellin wen U send 5000 txts a mth ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

There is no difference.

The amount of times I have answered this question is shocking.

Go into shop.
    Ask for €10 48.
    They give it to you.
    Call 1741. Or *101*Twelvedigitnumber#
    Then go online to 48months.ie, login and pay membership.
    Or text "Monthly" to 1747.

So does paying your membership inflict a fee, or is it just to "confirm" you've topped up?

I don't understand why you have to go online to pay membership, after just topping up by €10....that's where i'm lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

i have switched to 48 and in my opinion the networl wud work 4 u as u get 500mb per week which is over 2 gb per month.switch now if i was u

500mb per week, free? I thought it was 1gb per week at a cost of €2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

never mind got it sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

sheroman01 wrote: »
    So does paying your membership inflict a fee, or is it just to "confirm" you've topped up?

I don't understand why you have to go online to pay membership, after just topping up by €10....that's where i'm lost.
    No. I didn't mention that at all. Nowhere.

You pay membership with the €10 that you just put into your phone. That is how they can restrict service to 18-22yo. Its a club, you pay €10 a month and 3000mins & 5000 texts is one of the benefits of being a member of that club.

Decided to switch to 48 from Meteor. First impressions, not good.

I topped up €20. €10 for monthly sub, €2 for weekly internet and €8 left as top up credit.

I then followed the process to switch my number. This was at 14:30 yesterday. Got a text to say it will be transferred within 2 hours. Still not done.

Can't call them up as they've no customer service number. Sent them a message via "ask an agent". No reply. Keep reading other peoples' on their forum site, but can't see how to post my own question.

Meanwhile I've had no phone service for nearly 24 hours. Starting to think I should have just stayed with Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭bren2001

I topped up €20. €10 for monthly sub, €2 for weekly internet and €8 left as top up credit.

I then followed the process to switch my number. This was at 14:30 yesterday. Got a text to say it will be transferred within 2 hours. Still not done.

Can't call them up as they've no customer service number. Sent them a message via "ask an agent". No reply. Keep reading other peoples' on their forum site, but can't see how to post my own question.

Meanwhile I've had no phone service for nearly 24 hours. Starting to think I should have just stayed with Meteor.

Ive emailed 48 and usually got a response pretty quickly. Its a Sunday, doubt they have any staff on. They will get back to you in the morning and probrably give you a free 7 days on the network.

Ive got no complaints over them yet.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Ive emailed 48 and usually got a response pretty quickly. Its a Sunday, doubt they have any staff on. They will get back to you in the morning and probrably give you a free 7 days on the network.

Ive got no complaints over them yet.

According to their website they are open on Sundays for number ports between 10am and 4pm. Staff have been active on their support forums today too.

It's a joke to honest. Customer service non-existent by phone and seemingly non-existent by online message either. I think I'll just ask for my €20 back and stick with Meteor. What a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

No. I didn't mention that at all. Nowhere.

You pay membership with the €10 that you just put into your phone. That is how they can restrict service to 18-22yo. Its a club, you pay €10 a month and 3000mins & 5000 texts is one of the benefits of being a member of that club.

Oooh somebody's a little moody, eh? Anyway, that bit cleared it up for me -> "You pay membership with the €10 that you just put into your phone"

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭niallkkk

Esel wrote: »
    i can spell quite adequately but i am just keeping it short and sweet.would you like me to re-type it just for you???******

i just payed my membership fee.never had to top up @ all.for €10 i was able to make as many calls as i wanted,and then €2 for 7 days internet.be patient with the porting,mine took a couple of days...

i just payed my membership fee.never had to top up @ all.for €10 i was able to make as many calls as i wanted,and then €2 for 7 days internet.be patient with the porting,mine took a couple of days...
    Patient? It's meant to take under 2 hours, it's been 2 days.

€10 per month is only for calls to mobiles. 1850/1890 numbers are a whopping 50c per minute. As for geo landlines, you get 20 mins of calls per month. Then it stops. Dead. You can't pay to call landlines. You have to wait until next month, for your next 20 minutes worth. It's unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Kotek unless your a complete poverty ridden student get back to a real network, if you have a problem there's shops all around the country you can walk into.
    If you loose your phone or something goes wrong after 4'0'Clock on the Thursday of a bank holiday weekend it'll be the following wendsday/thursday before your back on the air and you'll have missed the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

For 10euro a month, there seems to be an awful amount of unnecessary complaining... Worse things could happen than not getting number ported on time.. Thats no reason to go back to Meteor and probably pay 2 x or 3 x the price, but hell if you want to go ahead...

For 10euro a month, there seems to be an awful amount of unnecessary complaining... Worse things could happen than not getting number ported on time.. Thats no reason to go back to Meteor and probably pay 2 x or 3 x the price, but hell if you want to go ahead...

Just because it is cheaper is no reason to accept poor service.

Well I was paying €20 per month on Meteor with their free talk and text to Meteor + 1gb data. With 48 I expect to be paying the same, factoring in the €2 per week data charge.

I intended to port to 48 to test the service, more so than save money as I don't believe there to be a saving to be made over Meteor.

When a company advertises the industry standard porting time of up to 2 hours and doesn't do the job after almost three whole days, personally I believe there are grounds for complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

My porting was completed within an hour, must be the luck of the draw which is pretty crap for you. I have to ask though, have you already topped up your phone, even though you haven't actually switched your number over yet?? Sorry I could be way off here but I thought that you'd loose your credit once you switch numbers?

Patient? It's meant to take under 2 hours, it's been 2 days.

€10 per month is only for calls to mobiles. 1850/1890 numbers are a whopping 50c per minute. As for geo landlines, you get 20 mins of calls per month. Then it stops. Dead. You can't pay to call landlines. You have to wait until next month, for your next 20 minutes worth. It's unreal.

No offence but if it doesnt suit you why are you even bothering thinking about it? At the end of the day I for one NEVER make any landline calls! Everyone has mobiles these days sure! And it is technically aimed at 18 year olds... not adults who have careers! It would suit most 18 year olds to not have landline calls! You need to remember technically it is for 18 year olds.... its your own problem if you're trying to pretend your 18 but in reality their deal doesnt suit you!

Its without a doubt the best deal out there at the moment for what it gives. The only problem I have with it is the internet because I know they're changing to that other ridiculous way of paying for internet, which is no good really for me (and most young people!) as we all have phones with the internet now!

Other than that the deal is ridiculously cheap and you're never going to get anything like it with the other networks so either take it as it is or just leave it and go spend money somewhere else no?

You don't lose credit on the porting-in network upon completion of the port. Any credit on the porting-out network will be lost.

48 is marketed at 18 - 22 year olds, not just 18 year olds.

Speaking personally, I call taxis, mobile banking, colleges.. all are landlines and, at least in the case of the banks, can be fairly long phone calls due to hold times.

Call me stupid, but I never thought to check the Ts & Cs to see if something as basic as calls to landlines were barred for a month after the first 20 minutes.

Depending on usage, 48 may or may not be a good deal.
    • With Meteor, I get unlimited calls and texts to Meteor numbers + 1gb data usage. I just have to top up by €20 per month and that €20 is left as credit to spend as I wish.
    • With 48, €20 per month would provide unlimited calls and texts to any Irish mobile, 20 minutes to landines (prior to such calls then being barred), 4.3gb of data usage BUT only €1.33 of the €20 is left as credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

You don't lose credit on the porting-in network upon completion of the port. Any credit on the porting-out network will be lost.

48 is marketed at 18 - 22 year olds, not just 18 year olds.

Speaking personally, I call taxis, mobile banking, colleges.. all are landlines and, at least in the case of the banks, can be fairly long phone calls due to hold times.

Call me stupid, but I never thought to check the Ts & Cs to see if something as basic as calls to landlines were barred for a month after the first 20 minutes.

Depending on usage, 48 may or may not be a good deal.
    • With Meteor, I get unlimited calls and texts to Meteor numbers + 1gb data usage. I just have to top up by €20 per month and that €20 is left as credit to spend as I wish.
    • With 48, €20 per month would provide unlimited calls and texts to any Irish mobile, 20 minutes to landines (prior to such calls then being barred), 4.3gb of data usage BUT only €1.33 of the €20 is left as credit.

You also have to deal with Meteors bogey coverage.

well i have changed and was with meteor,crap coverage,keep getting cut off and payed 79 per month.i can deal with 20 mins to landlines per month.also 3 rang me and offered for 20 per month unlimited calls and texts to all networks and unlimited calls to land lines at the weekend and unlimited internet.now thats not a bad deal.in fact i think its better than this one.but i have great coverage in my workshop with 48 so thatss a major bonus.and ur ones voice turns me on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just because it is cheaper is no reason to accept poor service.

Giving them only a few days isnt poor service.. I had to wait near 2 months for a refund from some online shopping.. Just need to accept the fact issues can happen with any company.. The same thing could happen with Meteor..

Giving them only a few days isnt poor service.. I had to wait near 2 months for a refund from some online shopping.. Just need to accept the fact issues can happen with any company.. The same thing could happen with Meteor..

No I agree with you! I'm just saying that just because its a tenner, you shouldn't expect any less customer service for a fifty a month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

well i have changed and was with meteor,crap coverage,keep getting cut off and payed 79 per month.i can deal with 20 mins to landlines per month.also 3 rang me and offered for 20 per month unlimited calls and texts to all networks and unlimited calls to land lines at the weekend and unlimited internet.now thats not a bad deal.in fact i think its better than this one.but i have great coverage in my workshop with 48 so thatss a major bonus.and ur ones voice turns me on

I am about to port to 48. The landline thing ? ... no problem I will use Skype. Has everyone forgotten about skype ? I also have skype on my phone.

And isn't 20 euros a month, for 3, TWICE the 48months deal ? seems to me a clear choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

No I agree with you! I'm just saying that just because its a tenner, you shouldn't expect any less customer service for a fifty a month contract.

Sorry to ask ... I may have missed it ... but did you reboot your phone for the porting ?

Piliger wrote: »
    Sorry to ask ... I may have missed it ... but did you reboot your phone for the porting ?

Any phone that I've ever had I unlocked. And I didn't port my number, just took the 089!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Ignore, posted on the wrong thread. Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Been with them over a month now and I'm absolutely delighted with the service. I'd really recommend people switch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Piliger wrote: »
    I am about to port to 48. The landline thing ? ... no problem I will use Skype. Has everyone forgotten about skype ? I also have skype on my phone.

And isn't 20 euros a month, for 3, TWICE the 48months deal ? seems to me a clear choice.

No. With the Three offer you get unlimited anytime texts & internet, plus unlimited call to any Irish mobile or landline. And you have your €20 for any other use. But ...horses for courses....

Advertisement