Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭niallkkk

i agree.love the new snacker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Oracle wrote: »
    I think the 30 minute internet Snacker for 15c is a great idea and good value. Perfect if you want don't want lots of data, and just want to check emails, watch a clip, look up cinema listings, train times, etc .....

Seems to me great for lots of data too. 30 minutes UNLIMITED... so great for a big download (well, if it comes down in less than 30mins I suppose :cool: )

Note:

The 1850 and 1890 calls don't come out of your landline balance - but you need to have credit in your phone in order to call them.

The charge is 50c per minute.

I use Skype to call landlines but Skype won't call those numbers ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Piliger wrote: »
    Note: The 1850 and 1890 calls don't come out of your landline balance - but you need to have credit in your phone in order to call them. The charge is 50c per minute.
    I use Skype to call landlines but Skype won't call those numbers ...

Yeah 1850 and 1890 numbers are pricey in general, not just with 48 Months. I can usually find a landline number instead. Sometimes the companies own web site will list a landline number. Check this site for a landline alternative: http://www.saynoto1890.com/

To call an 1850 number, the charge is 50c per call, not per minute.

Oracle wrote: »

To call an 1850 number, the charge is 50c per call, not per minute.

Yes ... I didn't sport their mistake there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Anyone know can you use your credit for "Snacker" data if you haven't paid your €10 monthly "membership"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Pixmania are now shipping the Samsung ' Galaxy Y Duos' for around €180. This is a dual sim phone that supports a 3G sim. Unlocked of course.

Therefore you could get the emobile deal ( or meteor) for landline calls and data off one sim and the 48 deal for calls to mobile off another sim. Both sims are live and on net and either number can be called any time.

It has wifi to keep your data allowance safe.

Fonez sell GSM only fones that will do calls and texts only ...a smidge of EDGE data perhaps at 100 or 200k > http://www.fonez.ie/106-dual-sim-phones

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Big problem with relying on Skype or other VoIP solutions for calls to landlines - 48's data service, like Tesco Mobile's, is extremely poor. VoIP calls will be laggy and useless in most cases, especially if on the move.

I use Skype from home wifi - who needs to call landlines on the move, and if so then another plan is a better choice anyway.
    Wifi is Better than from 3G. And in the last few days I have found 48's 3G fine to be honest.

Anyone know can you use your credit for "Snacker" data if you haven't paid your €10 monthly "membership"?

I wouldn't imagine so ... if you're not a member then you can't access any of their services ... makes sense :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Piliger wrote: »
    who needs to call landlines on the move

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭brian2614

Lads,

Just got my sim in the post.Whats the deal with transferring my number.

I am outside the 18-22 bracket,so how do they know I am not eligible and how long does it take to switch???

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

brian2614 wrote: »
    Lads,

I am outside the 18-22 bracket,so how do they know I am not eligible and how long does it take to switch???

Cheers
    When you register the SIM they ask you for your date of birth..........

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭brian2614

tomslick wrote: »
    Lads,

Cheers
    When you register the SIM they ask you for your date of birth..........

That's it?

That's it?

yep. They may do some random checks but who knows how many.

After you register go to http://48months.ie/portin and fill it all in.

They say two hours.

My son is now waiting 8 days .............. it seems every time they request O2 to port his number over the system shows Meteor as the previous operator instead O2 .... god knows when it will get sorted.

Earn €5 free credit for every friend you refer who joins 48 Months. New 48 Months referral scheme called Kickback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Ported over yesterday from O2, I can send and receive texts, make calls but when anyone tries to ring me its saying my number is no longer in use :confused:. Have emailed support but they are not the quickest at replying. Hope its sorted before the end of the day or it means no phone for the weekend :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JADMIX

does anyone know if you can use the micro sim in an ipad? (for internet usage) it says handset only in the terms and conditions but has anyone tried it? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Has anyone else noticed a change in 48s coverage?? I have noticed it has changed dramatically in my area an there's very little coverage anymore an im just wondering what's going on!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

Going on holidays to spain just wanted to know if i can recieve or make calls for free ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

faolteam wrote: »
    Going on holidays to spain just wanted to know if i can recieve or make calls for free ?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    no

to avail of free roaming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭coillcam

I attempted to port overnight as obviously I'm not going to making any calls in my sleep. Got a text confirming everything. Window opened at 10am on a Saturday and I was ported by 11am. Coverage has been a massive improvement over meteor so far. Speedtest is giving me consistently 1-2mb download on 3G too. Fiddling with the internet and mms settings took a while to configure properly on my HTC sensation but they are almost the same as the Desire settings listed on the website FAQ.

How about people who are already with 48 Months, posting their Kickback affiliate link here, for those who want a new 48 SIM card? Then they could post their link, and so on (like Dropbox referral) ... only on this thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I registered my device there about 20 minutes ago i'm with 02 btw. Anyway just on topping up. Can I top up in the shop like I normally do? Do I ask for 10€ 48?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

James__10 wrote: »
    I registered my device there about 20 minutes ago i'm with 02 btw. Anyway just on topping up. Can I top up in the shop like I normally do? Do I ask for 10€ 48?:o

Yea you can. Its on the pink Payzone thingy, so you can get it wherever they sell credit. You can also text "Monthly" to 1747 and it'll sign you up to a months service straight away.

Here is my referral link if anyone likes...

http://48months.ie/orders/affiliate/upandcumming

This ok Mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I'm surprised you're getting 2mbit in mullingar. I only get around 0.2mbit/sec up and down in Dublin

faolteam wrote: »
    Going on holidays to spain just wanted to know if i can recieve or make calls for free?

You can receive calls free while roaming in EU if you buy a roaming add on.
    It's €3.50 and gives you 10 minutes of roaming calls, free to receive calls and lasts 1 month. So buy it just before you leave: http://48months.ie/pricing/

Also: http://help.48months.ie/entries/20880822-things-to-do-before-you-leave-the-country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

**** sake I forgot my Puk code :confused:

How can I sort this out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

James__10 wrote: »
    **** sake I forgot my Puk code :confused:

How can I sort this out?

your PUK?
    It's ok http://www.48months.ie/profile/details

Advertisement