Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Sorry I should have explained that better...
    People with a normal O2 simcard dont pay for calls or texts to other normal O2 customers. Do they have to pay to call or text a 48 simcard?

Yes they will get charge the same as if they call Meteor, Vodafone, etc customers, on O2 system 48 counts as another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

nava wrote: »
    Yes they will get charge the same as if they call Meteor, Vodafone, etc customers, on O2 system 48 counts as another provider.
    That's what I thought :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

48 has nothing to do with o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bustertypsy

48 are o2.They are targeting the student market...........fact!

48 are o2.They are targeting the student market...........fact!

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Source?

Read the first post.

Source?

Is been mention before if you check the 1st couple of pages on the thread you can see it, also search google and you find some post on the O2 Forum website.

1 is from Lisa on here
    Hi

48 is independent from O2 but it is part of the Telefónica Digital family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Independent being the keyword there.

So saying 48 are 02 is a bit misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Vodafone is independent from O2, 48 months is not so independent

http://www.telecompaper.com/news/telefonica-launches-youth-brand-48-months-in-ireland

Read the first post.
    48 are still independent from o2.
    nava wrote: »
    Is been mention before if you check the 1st couple of pages on the thread you can see it, also search google and you find some post on the O2 Forum website.

1 is from Lisa on here
    Yea of people asking if 48 is real, and not a "phishing" website. She even says that they're independent of one another!

Thank you martineatworld. Don't eat me though.

• Advertisement

Source?

My friend works for Telefonica on Sir John Rogersons Quay.Telefonica owns O2 and 48.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Vodafone is independent from O2, 48 months is not so independent

http://www.telecompaper.com/news/telefonica-launches-youth-brand-48-months-in-ireland
    They are owned by the Telefonica company yes, but they are operated independently.

Actually, I'll use an example. Kraft Foods, a massive food multi-national corporation owns a lot of smaller companies. They own Cadburys and they also own Milka. Does that mean Milka is part of Cadbury? No. It simply means they're owned by the same company.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the network was a short term ploy and for the all customers to be somehow folded into 02 eventually, but for now, they're independent of 02.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

They are owned by the Telefonica company yes, but they are operated independently.

Actually, I'll use an example. Kraft Foods, a massive food multi-national corporation owns a lot of smaller companies. They own Cadburys and they also own Milka. Does that mean Milka is part of Cadbury? No. It simply means they're owned by the same company.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the network was a short term ploy and for the all customers to be somehow folded into 02 eventually, but for now, they're independent of 02.
    The examples you use are not representative as they were purchased by kraft. O2/telefonica purposely went out and set up 48months with it's own staff. It created it from O2's own ideas. It wasn't taken over it's wholly owned subsidiary of o2/telefonica

As far as I'm concerned I don't care who owns them.I am getting unlimited calls and texts for a tenner a month with no contract.Should conditions change,then I walk away,so why all the nonsense questions? As of now you get what they promise,so either use or don't use .

Fair enough, there are differences in my example regarding the takeover circumstances. But the basic idea that a subsidiary can be operated independently of a parent company is the main point I'm trying to make here. They've got their own stock, own identity etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Just wondering when the interenet is due to change to the pay as you go version? Or has it already? Sorry I know its in here somewhere but there are just so many messages to scroll though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

Fair enough, there are differences in my example regarding the takeover circumstances. But the basic idea that a subsidiary can be operated independently of a parent company is the main point I'm trying to make here. They've got their own stock, own identity etc.

Good point. Subsidiaries, sister or parent companies are never 100% independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Just set up my sim card there...despite being 23 ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Moved over yesterday, so far no complaints!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

do you use your old number or can you get a new one for the network? have this number for ****ing ages and i might change it...

• Advertisement

spiralism wrote: »
    do you use your old number or can you get a new one for the network? have this number for ****ing ages and i might change it...

You can get a new number or port your existing number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Would I be correct in saying that porting your number from your current provider to 48 is a nightmare:(

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Aquila wrote: »
    So what do u all think of it?is it worth the move?
    I've moved and have no complaints at all. A tenner for everything you need except data!
    livEwirE wrote: »
    Would I be correct in saying that porting your number from your current provider to 48 is a nightmare:(
    Took me less than 3 hours to go from 3 to 48. Easy as you like

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Just applied to port 2 hours ago, I guess it will be finished tomorrow by now. Fingers crossed all will go without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whittler

iv been using mine a few3 days now with no problem,topped up online with laser, i wonder would the 48 sim work in a tesco phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭sonyvision

busyliving wrote: »
    Just set up my sim card there...despite being 23 ha ha ha

Living life on the edge i see:D

thinking of switching over, only problem is im away in june and not back till september, if i dont top up the tenner, do i loose the ability to recieve texts and so ??

the answer is probably sum were sorry if i missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

sonyvision wrote: »
    Living life on the edge i see:D

thinking of switching over, only problem is im away in june and not back till september, if i dont top up the tenner, do i loose the ability to recieve texts and so ??

the answer is probably sum were sorry if i missed it

My membership expired a week ago.
    I'm still able to receive texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Sound for clearing that up mate :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

what's the story with getting the phone unlocked for the new sim? Think it said it on the site somewhere but i cannot for the life of me find it..

Advertisement