Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Do 48 offer webtext ?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

Zardoz wrote: »
    Do 48 offer webtext ?
    No, not at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Quick question,

I'm currently on Meteor PAYG and their free talk / text to Meteor + 1gb data per month, for €20 top up per month. I do over the 1gb data though. So I probably top up €20 every three weeks, so I reckon I pay about €30 a month, give or take.

Do you think I'd save money by moving to 48? I have an iphone, if it matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

No you would use too much data for 48.

Three would suit your usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

For iPhone users that switched over-has anyone managed to activate iMessages?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

CFC007 wrote: »

I don't use 48 but I think as the message to activate Imessage is sent to a UK number you should have extra credit after paying your 10 months subscription to pay for the txt.

let us know how you get on with the data after the new Data plan starts on 1st May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Quick question,

I'm currently on Meteor PAYG and their free talk / text to Meteor + 1gb data per month, for €20 top up per month. I do over the 1gb data though. So I probably top up €20 every three weeks, so I reckon I pay about €30 a month, give or take.

I'm with 48 and have an iPhone 4S it's great value and I would be a heavy data user well worth the money.

CFC007 wrote: »

Yes it works but as 48 is not an offical iPhone carrier when you send an iMessage the message is sent using your Apple ID not your number.

nava wrote: »
    I don't use 48 but I think as the message to activate Imessage is sent to a UK number you should have extra credit after paying your 10 months subscription to pay for the txt.

let us know how you get on with the data after the new Data plan starts on 1st May.

iMessage just uses your Apple ID not you phone number thats the only difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

luzon wrote: »
    I'm with 48 and have an iPhone 4S it's great value and I would be a heavy data user well worth the money.

The data packages are *currently* good value. That will change on May 1 2012 when the price is scheduled to increase to a whopping 1 EUR per hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Fungus wrote: »
    The data packages are *currently* good value. That will change on May 1 2012 when the price is scheduled to increase to a whopping 1 EUR per hour.

That isn't exactly correct. Its one hour of loading time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Its one hour of loading time.

and if you have a smartphone with background data then Telefonica/48 will take you to the dry cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Did anyone get a phone off Vodafone to tempt them back?

They offered me €80 credit up front, same number, €10 extra when I top up by €20 with the same oul free texts deal and 1000 cherry points after 3 months.

Told them I'd think about it. :P

Do ye think its a good deal?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Did anyone get a phone off Vodafone to tempt them back?

They offered me €80 credit up front, same number, €10 extra when I top up by €20 with the same oul free texts deal and 1000 cherry points after 3 months.

Told them I'd think about it. :P

Do ye think its a good deal?

Do you have to do anything to keep or get that €80 credit? If not, take the offer and consider the 48 deal while you use the €80 credit over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

No strings attached. That's what see said. After 3 days they'll give you it.

Can I still go back to 48 after the 3 months? :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

luzon wrote: »
    iMessage just uses your Apple ID not you phone number thats the only difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you use an Iphone when you activate it does sent a txt, the email Imesage activation is only when you have an Ipod or when you add the email address after your Iphone is already activated.

If anyone knows of a way to activate only an email address on an Iphone please let me know.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whittler

whittler wrote: »
    iv been using mine a few3 days now with no problem,topped up online with laser, i wonder would the 48 sim work in a tesco phone?
    has anyone tried this?seeing as emobile works with meteor fones i presume the same theory would apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

so when you go to a payzone shop and buy 0 euro on 48 is that 10 euro memebership or 10 top up cause i heard there is a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    so when you go to a payzone shop and buy 0 euro on 48 is that 10 euro memebership or 10 top up cause i heard there is a difference
    There is no difference.

The amount of times I have answered this question is shocking.

Go into shop.
    Ask for €10 48.
    They give it to you.
    Call 1741. Or *101*Twelvedigitnumber#
    Then go online to 48months.ie, login and pay membership.
    Or text "Monthly" to 1747.

nava wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if you use an Iphone when you activate it does sent a txt, the email Imesage activation is only when you have an Ipod or when you add the email address after your Iphone is already activated.

If anyone knows of a way to activate only an email address on an Iphone please let me know.

Thanks

I'm not sure about the txt messasge my iMessage has worked no problem with 48 only that it uses your Apple ID and not your number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

My sim would not work properly on my tesco phone.
    Could make calls but couldn't text from it.
    It works fine on my unlocked phone tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

knipper wrote: »
    My sim would not work properly on my tesco phone.
    Could make calls but couldn't text from it.
    It works fine on my unlocked phone tho.

Did you correct the SMSC number?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

No will check that out later thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whittler

Did you correct the SMSC number?

excuse my ignorance bit what is that how would i do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭niallkkk

Quick question,

i have switched to 48 and in my opinion the networl wud work 4 u as u get 500mb per week which is over 2 gb per month.switch now if i was u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

niallkkk wrote: »
    i have switched to 48 and in my opinion the networl wud work 4 u as u get 500mb per week which is over 2 gb per month.switch now if i was u

Thats only until the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

niallkkk wrote: »
    futuramafry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lokokill

m

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

No contract to sign so... ehh yea :)

• Advertisement

so is it worth it aka ant good

Advertisement