Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

with all the teething problems I think I will hold onto my 48 sim card and not port my number over to it until people actually stop coming out with basic bread and butter problems like not being able to receive sms and phone calls etc. If you cant even receive calls then it's far better to ditch the phone altogether and use a phonebox (if I could find one) . Its such an absolutely basic issue that it should be fixed soon ? Has 48 refunded anyone their 10 euro for not giving them the service they paid for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sounds like some bad karma headed the way of t he operator for their blatant age discrimination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

It's because Tesco Mobile and 48 are both MVNOs piggypacking O2.

There are loads of other mvnos also though. They don't all show up as each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

sim failure, no text, no calls, network to network problems...........they werent kidding when they said the next 48 months are about to get interesting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 blu3i

i had the problem last friday were i couldn't make calls or send texts but it was fixed in a few hours and there giving all customers a weeks free membership to make up for the few hours we lost and there very good at keeping customers updated on there Facebook page id advise anyone whos thinking about it to switch over or like i did get a second phone and the sim and try it out for a month
    this video explanes allot
    http://youtu.be/qWgCSSpiP5I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Anybody on 48 with an i phone 4? Any problems, or all going smooth?

ft9 wrote: »
    Anybody on 48 with an i phone 4? Any problems, or all going smooth?

working perfect for me just make sure u order the micro sim

blu3i wrote: »
    working perfect for me just make sure u order the micro sim

If I order a micro sim they will have to switch my number onto it, meaning I'll be without a phone for a few days, so I'm just gonna cut my normal sim down to size.

Amazing how we went from not having phones to not being able go without them for 2-3 days!

ft9 wrote: »
    If I order a micro sim they will have to switch my number onto it, meaning I'll be without a phone for a few days, so I'm just gonna cut my normal sim down to size.

Amazing how we went from not having phones to not being able go without them for 2-3 days!

ha ya that sucks, you could order a micro sim and use it as a template for cuting your normal sim out if ur not sure about the size

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

blu3i wrote: »
    i had the problem last friday were i couldn't make calls or send texts but it was fixed in a few hours and there giving all customers a weeks free membership to make up for the few hours we lost and there very good at keeping customers updated on there Facebook page id advise anyone whos thinking about it to switch over or like i did get a second phone and the sim and try it out for a month
    this video explanes allot
    http://youtu.be/qWgCSSpiP5I[/QUOTE]

How did you get a weeks free membership ??? I just logged into my account to check and my membership still finishes on the same date....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just got this E-mail from them....

Hi FT9,
    As you know last Friday was pretty much a disaster. Our data centre flooded causing a complete outage on the 48 network. We worked throughout the day to get this fixed and everything was sorted that evening.

We’re going to be working with our third party suppliers in the future, providing them with wellies and raincoats, as well as the technical stuff to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

We were gutted by this because we’re a new network, you guys have been the first to become 48 members and your support has been immense.

Yesterday, we posted a vote on Facebook allowing you to decide what should happen when the 48 data centre floods. Loads of you opted for a week’s free membership. So over the next couple of days we’ll be extending your current membership by 7 days to thank you for your support.

Go Conquer,

48 Crew

How did you get a weeks free membership ??? I just logged into my account to check and my membership still finishes on the same date....:rolleyes:

they haven't added it on yet as far as i no

EDIT: what ft9 said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

As you know last Friday was pretty much a disaster. Our data centre flooded causing a complete outage on the 48 network. We worked throughout the day to get this fixed and everything was sorted that evening.

We’re going to be working with our third party suppliers in the future, providing them with wellies and raincoats, as well as the technical stuff to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

We were gutted by this because we’re a new network, you guys have been the first to become 48 members and your support has been immense.

This meant that when you went on to renew your membership last weekend you couldn’t do it. To make it up to you we’ve renewed your membership for you and it’s on us. We’ll be dropping this onto your account in the next couple of days.

I got this email, no mention of it being only a week.

phasers wrote: »
    I got this email, no mention of it being only a week.

looks like u get a month becouse u tryed to renew on that day
    this is the email i got

Hi Stephen,

Yesterday, we posted a vote on Facebook allowing you to decide what should happen when the 48 data centre floods. Loads of you opted for a week’s free membership. So over the next couple of days we’ll be extending your current membership by 7 days to thank you for your support.

Go Conquer,

48 Crew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

E30i wrote: »
    I've been on to 48 and received this reply, issue is still present.

'This has been identified as a routing issue between Vodafone and 48.

Both parties are involved here and need to sort this out between them.

We have guys working on it now so we hope to have this sorted soon for you'

Can anyone receive calls from Vodafone Mobiles who has switched? I can't believe there isn't more urgency to sorting this. The only reason I haven't ported away is that it may be outside their control partly with other operators dragging their heels but I am porting away tomorrow if not resolved. A week free is useless if you can't receive calls or texts from customers of the biggest network in the country (But I haven't even been offered that yet!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I can receive calls from Vodafone numbers.

i can receive calls from Vodafone as well, no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Guys, I'm coming back to Ireland for 3 weeks tomorrow, is this the best deal available for a simcard? Also, can I get it for just a month or am I locked in for longer. Any suggestions to a decent alternative?

commited wrote: »
    Guys, I'm coming back to Ireland for 3 weeks tomorrow, is this the best deal available for a simcard? Also, can I get it for just a month or am I locked in for longer. Any suggestions to a decent alternative?

no your not locked into a contract you just pay €10 every month you want to use it, takes 3 to 4 days for the sim to come so order it before your home so youl have it when u get back here, i would defiantly recommend it, its the best deal i could find

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Thanks for that, I've already ordered a sim, so hopefully it will be there waiting for me when I arrive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Their glib retarded messages are pretty annoying, glad I didn't switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Their glib retarded messages are pretty annoying, glad I didn't switch.

I switched from VF to 48 - bill went from 23 pm to 10 pm. Pretty decent price to pay for the hokey messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I'm with 02 since xmas (prepay) i've got a BB Curve 8520. Would I still be able to use BBM with go conquer? and how would I top up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

dolallyoh wrote: »
    I switched from VF to 48 - bill went from 23 pm to 10 pm. Pretty decent price to pay for the hokey messages.

I'll switch once I start hearing that their network is reliable. Last thing I need is for someone to be attempting to contact me about a wedding or a funeral or a relative visiting Ireland from America etc and thinking I am ignoring them due to the network failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

psychward wrote: »
    I'll switch once I start hearing that their network is reliable. Last thing I need is for someone to be attempting to contact me about a wedding or a funeral or a relative visiting Ireland from America etc and thinking I am ignoring them due to the network failing.

You've more chance of winning the lottery five times in a row than any of that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's hosted on the O2 network. There shouldn't be any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

James__10 wrote: »
    I'm with 02 since xmas (prepay) i've got a BB Curve 8520. Would I still be able to use BBM with go conquer? and how would I top up?

No you won't as 48months don't support blackberry services.

psychward wrote: »

I'm on it since the start and I have no real issues at all. Great coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

I switched 2 weeks ago and I've been missing calls and texts from Vodafone Numbers since then. Call will get 'Number not in use'. I've been on to 48 e-mail support daily and still no resolution. I'm switching back to Meteor today. Great offer but worthless in my opinion as I haven't received the service.

Be aware of this before you switch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

Apart from the network failure Friday week,I have no problems with them.Service is fine in any areas I have been , data can be a bit slow at times but other than that they are fairly solid.Incredible value in my opinion and I have wasted alot of money on mobile contracts over time !.Best deal out there in my opinion.

Advertisement