Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

calex71 wrote: »
    Saw loads of ads for 48 in he last few weeks and my 1st impression was how can they get away with discriminating like that?

So on to their web site I went, but after a read of their terms and conditions nowhere did I find they actually discriminate on age nor was I asked how old I was.

I didn't actually sign up so it might have later, but at a glance all that is discriminatory is the marketing, why they would want to alienate people who would pay the €10 a month and use the service less than an a phone addicted 18-22 year old is beyond me :confused:

Maybe they figure anyone older is less likely to swtich, which kind of makes sense.
    They're owned by Telefonica. O2 don't have much of the market in that age bracket. Apparently it's a ploy to get everyone to switch away from Meteor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Yeah but it's handy in a way. If you need to buy booze but don't have ID you can just show them you're on 48 and you'll get served no hassle.

what sort of back arse little town do you live in that would serve someone booze based on that?and i hope they get caught and shut down straight away.Plus what's to say your not buying credit for someone else.Cant see any shop refusing someone phone credit on age grounds anyway making your theory irrelevant.Is the network not based on a monthly subscription fee as opposed to conventional call credit?I'm 27 and on "48".I top up with a tenner sub once a month and opt in for unlimited internet usage at an extra €2 a week.Making my total monthly phone bill €18 for all calls and texts to any network and unlimited internet usage.The only age verification was them asking me my DOB when registering the sim.Easy to make one up.Ill be 19 this year apparently.But shhhhhh,keep that to yourself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

What do people think will happen to the data charges after the current offer runs out. It'll probably increase wont it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Inbox wrote: »
    What do people think will happen to the data charges after the current offer runs out. It'll probably increase wont it?

They will charge €1 per hour but is for page load, more info here I don't think it will be that good for smart phone users.

nava wrote: »
    They will charge €1 per hour but is for page load, more info here I don't think it will be that good for smart phone users.

the cheeky bastards,there was no mention of that deal ending when i signed up to it ages ago,was just advertised as that is their internet deal.I hadnt ported my own number over yet as was waiting to run down credit on my current network and dont think I will now.Thanks for pointing that out.Nice of them to stick that in there and say feck all about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

dbagman wrote: »
    the cheeky bastards,there was no mention of that deal ending when i signed up to it ages ago,was just advertised as that is their internet deal.I hadnt ported my own number over yet as was waiting to run down credit on my current network and dont think I will now.Thanks for pointing that out.Nice of them to stick that in there and say feck all about it.

They do have it on the website that €2 per week is only till the 30th April

nava wrote: »
    They do have it on the website that €2 per week is only till the 30th April

yeah i just checked the site there and says it runs out alright.defo wasnt the case when i first looked at it as that was the first thing I checked given that ive a smartphone.Is it a case though that you have to sign up before that date to avail of it for ever or that the deal completely finishes on the 30th?Ive been on networks before that you had to sign up to offers before a certain date and they then finished,meaning you couldnt sign up after that date but if you were already on it you stayed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

yeah i just checked the site there and says it runs out alright.defo wasnt the case when i first looked at it as that was the first thing I checked given that ive a smartphone.Is it a case though that you have to sign up before that date to avail of it for ever or that the deal completely finishes on the 30th?Ive been on networks before that you had to sign up to offers before a certain date and they then finished,meaning you couldnt sign up after that date but if you were already on it you stayed on it.

There is no question that at some stage in the near future, probably on April 30th, Telefonica will move away from the promotional 2 EUR internet rate. It is not a long term proposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 conlor27

Yeah but it's handy in a way. If you need to buy booze but don't have ID you can just show them you're on 48 and you'll get served no hassle.

what sort of back arse little town do you live in that would serve someone booze based on that?and i hope they get caught and shut down straight away.Plus what's to say your not buying credit for someone else.Cant see any shop refusing someone phone credit on age grounds anyway making your theory irrelevant.

I have a sneaky suspicion he was joking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

psychward wrote: »
    I dont think waving a phone at someone is legal proof of ID . e.g you could have nicked or borrowed the phone from someone... plus they don't do age checks do they so you could be 15 with one.

Hence the proof that he was joking ;)

• Advertisement

conlor27 wrote: »

it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if he wasnt mate:P one thing iv learned is to never underestimate the stupidity of other people.im sure someone has chanced their arm somewhere. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

conlor27 wrote: »

what sort of back arse little town do you live in that would serve someone booze based on that?and i hope they get caught and shut down straight away.Plus what's to say your not buying credit for someone else.Cant see any shop refusing someone phone credit on age grounds anyway making your theory irrelevant.

Correctamundo!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Hi, I applied for a sim 2 weeks ago and is still yet to arrive!

anyone else on the same boat?

shouldn't take this long, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

flag123 wrote: »
    Hi, I applied for a sim 2 weeks ago and is still yet to arrive!

anyone else on the same boat?

shouldn't take this long, surely?

Just order another one.... Should only take a few days..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I ended up ordering 3 times it was taking so long yet I received 2 eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

TheDriver wrote: »
    I ended up ordering 3 times it was taking so long yet I received 2 eventually

Well you know what they say "try try and try again"...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Has anyone moved from O2 and lied about age? Wondering if they have access to old O2 numbers... I want to move and lie about my age but I used to be with o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

augusta24 wrote: »
    Has anyone moved from O2 and lied about age? Wondering if they have access to old O2 numbers... I want to move and lie about my age but I used to be with o2
    They don't care what age you are, just lie when inputting your age and you'll have no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

augusta24 wrote: »

I moved from O2 bill pay no problems what so ever.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

has anyone els had a problem getting signal on this?

i cant get signal at all on my unlocked/jaibroken 3g, but can with a THREE sim..

what could be the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Brother got this, I did as well but havent activated it yet. He's been praising it for sure. Perhaps the unlimited texts will get him to learn to spell XD

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

How much are national landline calls on this plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Adrian4 wrote: »
    How much are national landline calls on this plan?

20 minutes for free/inclusive when you top up by 10 EUR and pay your 10 EUR 'membership fee'.

Hiya everyone!

I got my sim today, registered it and so on..

However just wondering what the deal is with my number. Can I keep my old one or do I have to use the 089 one?

Also, is it 10 euro membership fee along with another 10 euro every month?!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

flag123 wrote: »
    Hiya everyone!

I got my sim today, registered it and so on..

However just wondering what the deal is with my number. Can I keep my old one or do I have to use the 089 one?

Also, is it 10 euro membership fee along with another 10 euro every month?!

Thanks!

No you can keep the same number. I thought you were asked it when you registered?

No just a tenner.

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    No you can keep the same number. I thought you were asked it when you registered?

No just a tenner.

Cool cheers! No, they didn't give me the option?!

Would there be any way of doing it now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

so tell me,, is it actually 10 euro per month,

or is it ten euro membership and ten euro top up making it 20 euro per month//.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Just registered my sim and turned the phone on, it says I'm roaming? This normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

Package wrote: »
    so tell me,, is it actually 10 euro per month,

or is it ten euro membership and ten euro top up making it 20 euro per month//.?

it is a flat tenner a month.

you top up by a tenner then you go online to the 48 site and log in to MY48 and you transfer your tenner top-up to pay your membership and then that it is - you go conquer for the next month!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just registered my sim and turned the phone on, it says I'm roaming? This normal?

Technically it is roaming on the o2 network because it is an MVNO so yes it's normal.

Advertisement