Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Snap, T0-180Hours Only

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

I think it's time to post that picture of a ramp with a tractor at the bottom of it! In the meantime here's one of my favourites......

190124.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

They are creaming themselves over on NW :).More realistic here.A good run though lets hope iy holds in upcoming runs.It has made my Friday evening happier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LoadofCROC

netweather giving 23% chance of snow for Wicklow/Wexford Feb 1st? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

I'm posting these now just cos it's exciting to watch. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭secrecy_ie

sofia snow.jpg

Apparently, this is Sofia (Bulgaria) at the moment...fingers crossed this is us soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 LoadofCROC

I'm posting these now just cos it's exciting to watch. :o

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

UKM shows the cold front slightly further west than the GFS.

Gonna be a tight one.

100 mile swing west is needed for eastern districts, more the further west etc ;)

@ 60hrs

UW60-7.GIF?27-17

@ 72hrs

UW72-7.GIF?27-17

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

I think it's time to post that picture of a ramp with a tractor at the bottom of it! In the meantime here's one of my favourites......
    the-sacred-ramp-viral-reality.jpg;)

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    For us to have another 1982 the cold needs to move another 200 miles west, mug a few atlantic wet fronts like the one coming across on Sunday, and then freeze it hard in situ.

So far the models have shifted it 100 miles westwards, only 200 to go. However another 100 miles will give the East and Dublin some (perhaps a lot?) snow and as far as Sponge Bob is concerned ye are welcome to it. :D Sure it could be another 1933 .....never mind 1982..and I would be just as happy.

Now lets all be patient, what will happen will happen. :D

How long has it taken them to move that 100 miles (without stating the obvious of 4 months!!) I mean really?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

LoadofCROC wrote: »
    netweather giving 23% chance of snow for Wicklow/Wexford Feb 1st? :eek:

No point looking at odds for different days. IF this cold spell comes off then nearer the time we can make these predictions. I remember at the start of the second cold spell (December) in winter 2010/11 it had snowed down here but not in Dublin yet (well not in two weeks!) and a lot of our cousins in the capital were getting tetchy. This was heightened when MT said there was (only) a 20% risk of snow in Dublin each day that week. When queried on this he pointed out that if you've a 20% shot for 5 days in a row you should see one day of snow. In fact shortly afterwards it snowed like mad in Dublin for a week or something. So worry not about such percentages. If this comes off there will be plenty chances for sneachta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Get the cold first and wait for the snow later, Fingers crossed the ECM run will be a good one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lets not got overboard folks things could still go array ,

Its looking good , but we still need the cold airmass to shift to west some more

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

OMG WTF HAPPENED !!!

I've had a busy work day on, so just logging on now...Old thread locked, new thread opened and more positivity than you can shake a snow covered stick at...will ye's all be quiet before "they" hear you and put the mockers on it.

Right i'm off to the pub, to down a few gin and skinnies - no downgrades while I'm out please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I'd like to hear MT's view on all these changes/upgrades today..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

It can f*ck right off. I'd prefer a heatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I've just ran through the 12z there and giggled like a child for 5 minutes straight.

Say hello to winter!

quietriot wrote: »
    It can f*ck right off. I'd prefer a heatwave.

Your better head down under so, Or wait 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

From Met.ie ....The week ahead looks like it will become much colder again.

Monday next looks cloudy and wet with the risk of some wintry falls in the East.

Tuesday and Wednesday look like they will bring some rain at times mainly to Western areas with drier but much colder weather in the East. Nights will be cold with frost in many places and the risk of icy patches.

Thursday looks mainly dry at the moment with rain moving down across the country on Friday followed by a cold and frosty night Friday night.

Your better head down under so, Or wait 5 months.

Musicman, she can't ruin our buzz!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

From Met.ie ....The week ahead looks like it will become much colder again.

Monday next looks cloudy and wet with the risk of some wintry falls in the East.

Tuesday and Wednesday look like they will bring some rain at times mainly to Western areas with drier but much colder weather in the East. Nights will be cold with frost in many places and the risk of icy patches.

Thursday looks mainly dry at the moment with rain moving down across the country on Friday followed by a cold and frosty night Friday night.

From what Direction? Once the cold gets established, looking beyond 72 hours is pointless. Its really a now cast.:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

ECM @ 120hrs. A bit more energy in the Northern arm of the Jet Stream but still broadly on track.

Recm1202.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

OK iv read 1st page and last page and as we have all got our hopes up like this many times before can someone give a percentage of it actually happening this time??? And if so how's the south east going to fair?? ;)

jo06555 wrote: »
    OK iv read 1st page and last page and as we have all got our hopes up like this many times before can someone give a percentage of it actually happening this time??? And if so how's the south east going to fair?? ;)

30 to 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

30 to 40%

Maybe 2 days ago, I'd make it 50-60%

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

jo06555 wrote: »

30 to 40%

I'll take that but I won't get my hopes up as it will more than likely be dashed very soon :)

Especially with and easterly, Can be there on one run and gone the next:) but some brutal cold over Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 efrisby

I dont post that often, but when I see the uk weather report on metoffice.gov.uk showing the month of February outlook for cold, that's good enough for me, as they always play it safe :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

ECM taking a more precarious route towards the extreme cold end of things but it should get there in the end

Recm1682.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I was supposed to be in Germany/Switzerland this time next week, have to say looking at the latest charts that I'm glad I'm not going now, I'm all for a bit of cold but worrying levels of cold heading for central Europe, looks absolutely brutal with temps going below -30C

As for ourselves, sorry for the continued scepticism but until I actually see a consistency in delivering some proper cold to our shores I'm not too excited, plenty of promising signs today but its still just a case of 'almost' before the usual case of looking at +5 days away. Easily the best set up all winter though so hopefully we eventually get lucky

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

:pac::eek::o:rolleyes:;)
    Weather P*RN!!
    190108.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement