Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting facts about your town/city?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tradition has it that Sarsfield passed this way after the Battle of Aughrim and buried one of his men in the area.

St Patrick is also said to have been in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Is Ferdia buried at Ardee Co Louth? Apparently that's where the battle between him and Cu Cullainn occurred. Ardee is also known as Ferdia's Fort, so I presume they have some heritage based there..

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Is Ferdia buried at Ardee Co Louth? Apparently that's where the battle between him and Cu Cullainn occurred. Ardee is also known as Ferdia's Fort, so I presume they have some heritage based there..

You can't say Ardee without saying Ardee hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    This is a stalkers ideal thread. Users posting where they're from .
    Pro tip: In many cases it's written just under their pseudonym.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Adyx wrote: »
    Ironically Waterford has had similar problems purely because of someone from Galway.

You have my sympathy.

One of the worst offenders here 'discovered' limestone, bog and bog cotton here. I expect next he will discover rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

There's a fella in my town who "is the one who knocks"

Advertisement