Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

epfff wrote: »
    With nearly enough money to buy your own calculator

I would say you are losing 5kgs meat €21+€8
    To gain 400*0.05=€20
    But think bigger picture do you want to sent message to local factory?

Always have the agent I generally deal with with the impression I could go to somewhere else just as easily if I don't get the going rate and so far he has delivered, if they know your a loyal type they'll try their luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Thinking if the euro drops to 70pence sterling it going to drive on prices another bit . there is a bit of competition from the northern buyers which is putting factories under a bit of pressure

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

eoinmk2 wrote: »
    anybody have an estimate of what price we'd get for 24 month old friesian bulls at the moment, o- to o= ?
    What fat cover have they?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Bulls!! Hardly?? I hope you are right!!

Yea freisans, seen the payslip yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭eoinmk2

blue5000 wrote: »
    What fat cover have they?

not sure, id guess around 2, maybe less. they wont be 24 months until mid march, so there is still time.

• Advertisement

Any word on the change over from 30 to 36 months regarding heifers, Has it came into force properly in all factories? Are they quoteing old under 30 month prices for now 36 month, minus the 12c bonus, I've a a 30 month heifer slipped a calf, be sickened to take cow price for her at a loss of 60c/kg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Any word on the change over from 30 to 36 months regarding heifers, Has it came into force properly in all factories? Are they quoteing old under 30 month prices for now 36 month, minus the 12c bonus, I've a a 30 month heifer slipped a calf, be sickened to take cow price for her at a loss of 60c/kg

Sent off one a few weeks beck, over 30 but under 36, think she was 31 and got the heifer base minus the qa. Dunno how it'll work though if you reg the calf to get, wonder would it make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

How far in calf is she?

Sent off one a few weeks beck, over 30 but under 36, think she was 31 and got the heifer base minus the qa. Dunno how it'll work though if you reg the calf to get, wonder would it make any difference?
    Aw sound enough
    U weren't lucky enough to get the almighty 3 euro by any chance 😱

How far in calf is she?

I awkwardly explained her calf situation, she Accidently bulled, tough calveing 6 months ago, still have the calf alive an well, but weaned her after a while wen she didn't prove in calf again, didn't really want her bulled anyway. Feeding her nicely since December, but 30 months is looming Tuesday and she still not ready for another month, more research I did there few mins ago, said wen she has a calf registered to her, she only due a cow price regardless of age, only better hope is a friendly butcher who might give between cow an heifer price if he could be found,
    So cow price it is in 30 days so,
    Thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

I awkwardly explained her calf situation, she Accidently bulled, tough calveing 6 months ago, still have the calf alive an well, but weaned her after a while wen she didn't prove in calf again, didn't really want her bulled anyway. Feeding her nicely since December, but 30 months is looming Tuesday and she still not ready for another month, more research I did there few mins ago, said wen she has a calf registered to her, she only due a cow price regardless of age, only better hope is a friendly butcher who might give between cow an heifer price if he could be found,
    So cow price it is in 30 days so,
    Thanks anyway

Once there is a calf registered to her it's cow price, no getting away from that

royaler83 wrote: »
    Once there is a calf registered to her it's cow price, no getting away from that

Yea that's the black an white I've realised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Would you do better in the mart?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

royaler83 wrote: »

Better off selling in mart announcing she's a cow heifer, makes a difference sometimes

Would you do better in the mart?

simx wrote: »
    Better off selling in mart announcing she's a cow heifer, makes a difference sometimes

Possibly might Have heifers going in a month to factory to anyway so might send her on too, she'd need more fleshing anyway, just wanted to check the worse case scenario between being over 30 months or being under fleshed if she went to factory tomorrow, I may fill her up for 30 days at this stage since she'll only get cow price anyway and see mart v factory for better profit,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

What are over 24mo bulls making? I've a one here that will be ready to go at 26-27mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

just do it wrote: »
    What are over 24mo bulls making? I've a one here that will be ready to go at 26-27mo.

No help.... Sorry. ...answering your question with a question!
    Is he the teaser bull you had? are you outwintering him?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭LivInt20

I have a bull under 24 months but will be 24 months in March.

What could I get for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Muckit wrote: »
    No help.... Sorry. ...answering your question with a question!
    Is he the teaser bull you had? are you outwintering him?

Busy (or not so busy thankfully) in the shed for another week. Gave me the wicked eye last week so he's going for slaughter. Won't sell him in the mart or DD as he's turned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Busy (or not so busy thankfully) in the shed for another week. Gave me the wicked eye last week so he's going for slaughter. Won't sell him in the mart or DD as he's turned.

Fair play to you. Nice to see a lad with principles.
    You'd be happy to see the back of any dangerous baxtard. They can be a death trap around cows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dryan

quoted 4:20 base for a mix of under/overage steers in moyvalley tomorrow.

Any better to be got out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

dryan wrote: »

What breeds? a lad was telling me to ring factories for quotes seperate to the agents as some agents are keeping prices down on some softer sellers. I still have pit silage to use up so holding on for another while. Price App is updated for prices to last sunday and its showing their price at 420 for last week, so they must be trying to hold the line. Clonee were nearly 5 cent better than Kildare and moyvalley last week-did you try them-distance and weight loss may need to be factored in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

dryan wrote: »

Dealt with moyvalley once never again best of luck to you in your dealings with them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭mf240

I said wrote: »
    Dealt with moyvalley once never again best of luck to you in your dealings with them

Plus one.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

I said wrote: »

sent one load there before,
    wont be sending another !
    they say one thing and do another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

I would concur with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

heard of 4.35 being paid for underage heifers with bonus on top. i was at the sales today and ive never seen prices like some of what i seen, i think they must have been the last cattle in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

Any quotes for heavy stock bulls?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dryan

Nettleman wrote: »
    What breeds? a lad was telling me to ring factories for quotes seperate to the agents as some agents are keeping prices down on some softer sellers. I still have pit silage to use up so holding on for another while. Price App is updated for prices to last sunday and its showing their price at 420 for last week, so they must be trying to hold the line. Clonee were nearly 5 cent better than Kildare and moyvalley last week-did you try them-distance and weight loss may need to be factored in

A mix of LMX and CHX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

Have dealt with moyvalley a few times in the last few years never had a problem and kill out was always very good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement