Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

2 AA heifers going on Monday.
    600kgs .
    680kgs.
    Lighter one has a much smaller frame
    4.15 in slaney meats.
    Fr Bullock going also who got a bit stunted. 590kgs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭tanko

600kgs .
    680kgs.
    4.15 in slaney meats.

What age are the heifers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

600kgs .
    680kgs.
    4.15 in slaney meats.

Did you weigh them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭cute geoge

blue5000 wrote: »
    Anybody get quotes for next wk yet?

Sold over age bulls this wk, R's 4.00, U's 4.10.

What age them bulls .I have a fr bull 31 months ,anyone able to give me a value on him

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Not as old as yours! But close to 24 mths.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭epfff

Not as old as yours! But close to 24 mths.

Close under it or over it
    Cos overage bulls to me is over 24 months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

cute geoge wrote: »
    What age them bulls .I have a fr bull 31 months ,anyone able to give me a value on him

He be a tough sell, you might squeeze a few over 24's in a load and get a flat price. Over 30 months:eek: might get him away in a load in May. At present 3/kg???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

How come you've such old bulls?

They were squeezed late at 12 months and it only worked on one stone so they are neither bull nor bullock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

They were squeezed late at 12 months and it only worked on one stone so they are neither bull nor bullock

If they are rigs and neck is not very bullish and FS3 or better you may be able to get them in with a load of bullocks. other choice is to band them and let them out to grass provided they are not very heavy however I do not think this is an option by the sound of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

tanko wrote: »
    What age are the heifers?
    Under 24 mths.
    Stuck a weigh band around them. .we'll see how accurate it is now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭world_weary

what is the youngest age anyone ever heard of bulls being finished ?

how common is the sixteen month finish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

what is the youngest age anyone ever heard of bulls being finished ?

how common is the sixteen month finish ?

We have a part x bull will be 1year on 3rd march at the moment just over 600kgs 100 day finish will be up on 15th march. 16 month finish is no problem once you rear them yourself. Movements and marts leave it tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

What are the quotes for the comming week steers and heifers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

We have a part x bull will be 1year on 3rd march at the moment just over 600kgs 100 day finish will be up on 15th march. 16 month finish is no problem once you rear them yourself. Movements and marts leave it tough.

I presume they're suckler bred, my brother in law has no problem doing bucket fed dairy bred under 16mths

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Hi all
    can anyone tell me what's the expected kill out percentage of a continental cow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

dodo mommy wrote: »
    Hi all
    can anyone tell me what's the expected kill out percentage of a continental cow ?

45-50% depending on condition

rangler1 wrote: »
    I presume they're suckler bred, my brother in law has no problem doing bucket fed dairy bred under 16mths

yeh jasus good going doin it with bucket sucks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

45-50% depending on condition

Was going to factory the other week and had room for one more so bought a well fleshed cow on a Monday and went to factory on the Thursday. She only killed out at 45%, going on the live weight I bought her. Was disappointed, was expecting the 50% anyhow. She was only a o+ grade though but very well fleshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Have 3 part x bulls myself here off AAx cows. Just weighed em there, they're average 535kgs and are 11 months old. 600 is serious weight for 11 months, was he creep fed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Have 3 part x bulls myself here off AAx cows. Just weighed em there, they're average 535kgs and are 11 months old. 600 is serious weight for 11 months, was he creep fed?

Serious good weights for age with your own lads

Was going to factory the other week and had room for one more so bought a well fleshed cow on a Monday and went to factory on the Thursday. She only killed out at 45%, going on the live weight I bought her. Was disappointed, was expecting the 50% anyhow. She was only a o+ grade though but very well fleshed.

I got well less then that kill out% on young well fleshed cows I sent lately. I put it down to the long journey to the sunny south east:mad:

ate about 200-250kgs meal b4 build up to finishing. Great weights there for yours btw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hill Bill

Duke92 wrote: »
    What are the quotes for the comming week steers and heifers

4.20 for underage heifers, going in the morning.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

How much did you make on her?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

what are R grade cows making this week can anyone tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

dodo mommy wrote: »
    what are R grade cows making this week can anyone tell me?

3.60 easily available everywhere, I wouldn't have many r grades but if I had I wouldn't sell for 3.60, if you had a couple id have 3.75/3.80 in my head

simx wrote:
    3.60 easily available everywhere, I wouldn't have many r grades but if I had I wouldn't sell for 3.60, if you had a couple id have 3.75/3.80 in my head

cheers bud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

How much did you make on her?

15e not taking into account the haulage as I brought them myself. I'll say diesel at 40e for the trip entirely so a tenner am animal which would leave her making a fiver. This time next year I'll be a millionaire!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

15e not taking into account the haulage as I brought them myself. I'll say diesel at 40e for the trip entirely so a tenner am animal which would leave her making a fiver. This time next year I'll be a millionaire!

Sometimes kill cows that have enough flesh or near enough that in theory should leave something if going with a load, best cow I ever had to do a quick turn bought on Thursday evening for 720+15 commission, left in mart overnight, wasn't home eating anything till dinner time Friday, was killed following tues am and came into €960 after stoppages, if only they were all like that, had one go on last load that Ya think would be safe enough to leave money and after all is accounted will lose about €15/20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement