Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

Who ever bought them Charleys is at a hiding to nothing if he kills them at 385kg(700kgs LW) they wiull come into 1540 @4/KG. A lot of thing would want to go right for him to make that. Off present prices such a bullock at finish would only make 1450 euro. When you add in 50 euro for transport, mart and slaughter fees these lads are at nothing. The Fr at 850 would be as bad a buy.

who ever is paying well for 500 kg charolais would be planning to finish nthem next june off grass and meal at 400kg + deadweight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

who ever is paying well for 500 kg charolais would be planning to finish nthem next june off grass and meal at 400kg + deadweight

Sandydan posted that these were 400kgs ish. For all the IFA talk I do not think that 400kg max weight well disappear completely. Therefore you will be putting up 20-30kgs for nothing after 400kgs DW.

Sandydan posted that these were 400kgs ish. For all the IFA talk I do not think that 400kg max weight well disappear completely. Therefore you will be putting up 20-30kgs for nothing after 400kgs DW.

am killing 18 month bulls this few weeks and they are letting me upto 500kg dead without penalty, still had one over it though:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

am killing 18 month bulls this few weeks and they are letting me upto 500kg dead without penalty, still had one over it though:pac:

How much do you reckon a 19 month old U=3- LMX bull about 380kgs DW is worth?

tanko wrote: »
    How much do you reckon a 19 month old U=3- LMX bull about 380kgs DW is worth?

he must be very light, might be worth feeding him for another month, more flesh would do no harm

€1400 tops for him as he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭epfff

he must be very light, might be worth feeding him for another month, more flesh would do no harm

Its not in him
    50 less

epfff wrote: »
    Its not in him
    50 less

why do you think I said €1400 tops

Its not in him
    50 less

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

What fat score would most of your bulls be killing out at? What are you feeding them?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭locha

Steers underage on the grid:
    Base 3.60 going. A neighbour who is tight with an agent got 3.65.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Read an interesting thing somewhere lately that 40% of steers killed in Ireland are overage at slaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Muckit wrote: »
    Read an interesting thing somewhere lately that 40% of steers killed in Ireland are overage at slaughter.

Yeah see that the 30 months really is no addition if your finishing off grass without any meal.The few quid on meal for the last six weeks is well spent to get them away.

Muckit wrote: »

Friesian especially are hard to to get finish on under 700kgs and often you need to be nearer 800kgs LW. Biggest issue is lads that have them for a while and store them. You come accross them at 18-20 months and they are still only 350 kgs. Now you will always have one or two in a bunch that were late calves but when go into a mart and see a bunch at 18 months and they not even averaging 350 kgs, or at 12 months and they omly 200-250 kgs it very hard to get these to finish under 40 months not to mind 30 months.

It is not really profitable to feed these ration and only get 3.4/kg or less. Now I do not mind feed them a bit for 8ish week but you really need them well grown before you feed ration.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Kepak is deducting 10c for carcasses over 400kg. Stil 3.60 base.

restive wrote: »
    Kepak is deducting 10c for carcasses over 400kg. Stil 3.60 base.

Id be scared to say what they are doing to p grades under 30
    #scarey

Anywhere actually interestec in p grades

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

They made it last Friday as well, 4 ch 500kg 1165

who the f** is buying them at 500kg and paying that price. all year prices dropped €100 when over 450 kg, so someone is targeting a definite finish weight at that rate, factory feedlots by chance,or factory buyer ie direct to slaughter or insider with forthcoming market knowledge. by any chance did you spot buyer, think at least one buyer haulier has load of bulls in shed fattening must have a garry in tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

sandydan wrote: »
    who the f** is buying them at 500kg and paying that price. all year prices dropped €100 when over 450 kg, so someone is targeting a definite finish weight at that rate, factory feedlots by chance,or factory buyer ie direct to slaughter or insider with forthcoming market knowledge. by any chance did you spot buyer, think at least one buyer haulier has load of bulls in shed fattening must have a garry in tomorrow.

Hi, if you look at the mart reports on farmersforum stores seem to be making great prices around the country. I have 25 that will be around 500kg in Novemeber. I was going to go with a group a few weeks ago. Looks like I would have got great prices.

I am fairly confident with sfp and das in October I'll still be grand, it's like the housing boom lads can't help themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

I did mr M from rossmore, he bough the same type of stock in macroom in the last couple of months .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

I'm holding off buying for another 3 weeks. Picking up a few store lambs at the minute to try satisfy the craving!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Just for the hell of it post 2000.

• Advertisement

I did mr M from rossmore, he bough the same type of stock in macroom in the last couple of months .
    agent 2 miles this side is not very active i thought, sales were struggling, i thought hed dive in but no, think they weren't sold might be wrong one nice bunch of browns(not Ch or lim i think were in pin outside ring after sale finished thought were being brought in again but..)

agent in mid seat stirred 400 ish weight again today,Ch at mart today Ch seem to hold their own, he pushed upped bids to around €550+ kg for them and higher as well/ at 400kg mark
    one animal 960 kg Ch made €1650 i think. frs were poor as per usual, a lot of 650 kg had evidence of holstein and struggled to go over €300+ kg.
    some aa were around €300+kg and in lots didn't sell that well.at time i thought auctioneer was struggling to get bids. was late getting in so missed lot

Willfarman wrote: »
    I'm holding off buying for another 3 weeks. Picking up a few store lambs at the minute to try satisfy the craving!

taste nice after few months in freezer alright :)dont forget the bisto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

taste nice after few months in freezer alright :)dont forget the bisto

Ha ha :D

agent 2 miles this side is not very active i thought, sales were struggling, i thought hed dive in but no, think they weren't sold might be wrong one nice bunch of browns(not Ch or lim i think were in pin outside ring after sale finished thought were being brought in again but..)

agent in mid seat stirred 400 ish weight again today,Ch at mart today Ch seem to hold their own, he pushed upped bids to around €550+ kg for them and higher as well/ at 400kg mark
    one animal 960 kg Ch made €1650 i think. frs were poor as per usual, a lot of 650 kg had evidence of holstein and struggled to go over €300+ kg.
    some aa were around €300+kg and in lots didn't sell that well.at time i thought auctioneer was struggling to get bids. was late getting in so missed lot

He was cheap if under 48 months and even if not a cow of that quality would make more. He was about 3.12/kg DW

post number #1633 I said to expect 3.60 a kilo fairly soon and that was july

now I reckon you might do well if you have cattle to kill in mid October November as things will be up

this info is from the same source that told me about 3.60 a kilo, so here's hoping.

post number #1633 I said to expect 3.60 a kilo fairly soon and that was july

now I reckon you might do well if you have cattle to kill in mid October November as things will be up

this info is from the same source that told me about 3.60 a kilo, so here's hoping.

Was that Paul Nolan

Factory's are active filling chill's, lads are killing spring 2012 cattle before they hit 30 months. These are likely to be scares within two week. Talking to an agent and he taught that the procurement manager was more anxious for cattle next week than he saw in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

.....lads are killing spring 2012 cattle before they hit 30 months.

Yes the cracked thing of it all is that summer weanlings born May may be a better buy for a lot of lads finishing off grass before the 30mth. Buying early spring weanlings could go against you.

Fair enough if you have good ai bred stock that can either go on the boat or else be finished after 2nd summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Limofarmer

Was that Paul Nolan

Factory's are active filling chill's, lads are killing spring 2012 cattle before they hit 30 months. These are likely to be scares within two week. Talking to an agent and he taught that the procurement manager was more anxious for cattle next week than he saw in ages.

One of my mates works for one of the factories in the boning hall and he said that as off last Monday the chills were full to capacity . He said that they seemed to kill extra last week with as view to killing less this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Local factory killing five days this week for the first week in a long time.

3:60 base for heifers this week

Allot of bulls gone into sheds for feeding locally with people "connected" I feel a rise!!

• Advertisement

Limofarmer wrote: »
    One of my mates works for one of the factories in the boning hall and he said that as off last Monday the chills were full to capacity . He said that they seemed to kill extra last week with as view to killing less this week

Maybe in that factory but demand is strong with schools back all over Europe. The rag was commenting on it as well that demand was quite strong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement