Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro Podcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sera wrote: »
    Dr Bob is doing Bubble Bobble/Gauntlet? this weekend, don't think I'm around either, kinda sick :/

Really hope you dont get the dose that has ran through my home

Flu Bronchitis and pneumonia all in the last week

If im up to it i will chime in on the Bubble Bobble parts of the podcast

One of my fav C64 games of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Really hope you dont get the dose that has ran through my home. Flu Bronchitis and pneumonia all in the last week
    That is way nasty! Did the bronchitis turn into pneumonia? I'd bronchitis last year [natural remedy rant] but got diluted elderflower (very good for the respiratory system) in €2 shop which helped loads, you can get herbal sweets of it in chemist, they're so nice. [/end natural remedy rant]
    But yeah, no, nothing that bad, just have an upset tummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

You should have hammered the B button to stop bronchitis evolving into pneumonia.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I cant make it , bit of an emergency sorry. Half family sick and no babysitter free.If you cam keep gauntlet for next time itd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Im still in bits sadly

Feel like absolute crap after nearly 2 weeks of this bloody dose

Be there for the next one all going well

Sorry guys:mad:

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Bit short notice but we will be recording at 3pm tomorrow. Let us know if you can make it so we can pick a topic around who we have.
    ^

One of the lads I know from cons said he'd like to join in sometime to do Metal Gear, Silent Hill or SMT if anyone else wants to do those too.

I said we wanted to do Earthbound and he can do that as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Going by HG101's article on Shin Megami Tensei there's way too much there and a whole heap that is japan only.

May be next week before I can get the Phantasy Star one up.

Really busy with organising a conference this week.

Going by HG101's article on Shin Megami Tensei there's way too much there and a whole heap that is japan only.
    didn't say to do every SMT game, you could pick a few with fan trans or just one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

In case you didn't see it in the other thread the new podcast is up covering the Phantasy Star series:

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-retro-podcast-15-phantasy-star-retrospective/

pp3er7kr.png

Was thinking about a new format.

How about each episode tackles a particular year. Each contributor to the podcast that week picks a game or two from that year to discuss on the show.

Ideally we'd work out what titles would be selected before hand and people could have a chance to refamiliarise themselves with it before the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

No word on the Sonic podcast?

DinoRex wrote: »
    Was thinking about a new format.

How about each episode tackles a particular year. Each contributor to the podcast that week picks a game or two from that year to discuss on the show.

Ideally we'd work out what titles would be selected before hand and people could have a chance to refamiliarise themselves with it before the show.

Not a bad idea. Retronauts used to do it every new years where they would discuss what happened in gaming in previous years but go through them in 5 year chunks, say 85, 90, 95, 2000.

Must get back recording them since I'm finished with assignments.

Where's the sonic podcast? :P

Well it's something we can chat about on Friday with whoever makes it along.

(*I won't be fielding any questions about Sonic*)

BTW, NES/Famicom 20 year anniversary is in July.

Did a Sonic podcast actually get recorded, or just never happen?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Did a Sonic podcast actually get recorded, or just never happen?

I seem to remember talking about Sonic in a padded room but I was going through my 'solvent' phase at the time.

So it was recorded? Why was it never uploaded? Was it shite? :D

I seem to remember talking about Sonic in a padded room but I was going through my 'solvent' phase at the time.

crazy.jpg

• Advertisement

Shame, it's one I'd have been very keen to listen to

Shame, it's one I'd have been very keen to listen to

It' 4 hours of me talking about the furry culture surrounding it and agruing that because of the furry culture it's worse than Zelda CDi.

It doesn't exist then I take it? :P

ah. It does... but it was recorded in 3 awkward chunks in different studios. It's pretty long and needs a lot of editing which I just haven't been able to drum up the enthusiasm or time for.

I'll release it once the new Avalanches album drops!

DinoRex wrote: »
    ah. It does... but it was recorded in 3 awkward chunks in different studios. It's pretty long and needs a lot of editing which I just haven't been able to drum up the enthusiasm or time for.

I'll release it once the new Avalanches album drops!

Ah I see. Sure screw the editing, upload it raw & maybe revisit it at some stage?

So it was recorded? Was it shite? :D
    It's was the only time I knew what I was talking about ;n; I'd a great time

Sera wrote: »
    It's was the only time I knew what I was talking about ;n; I'd a great time

I wanna listen to it :o

I wanna listen to it :o
    I missed the first part so I'd love to give that a listen as well, Blitzkrieg (is that the right name? I'm a dope) knows his stuff

• Advertisement

pjitmbmd.jpg

Advertisement