Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro Podcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Nice podcast guys, just listening to a bit of it there.

If I may make a suggestion, what would take the whole podcast thing to another level would be to do a video cast. Now I don't mean that the camera should point at you guys while you're talking/discussing etc(although you could cut back and forth between the studio and other clips). What I mean is when your discussing a game, series of games or whatever, you could have that game playing on screen. You could do this live(playing the game live, not putting out the cast live, if ya get me) or after the podcast or a mix of the two.

Say for example this latest podcast, you could show how Contra/Probotector/Gryzor looked different even though its the same game(3 way split screen).

There's a lot you could do with it if you stuck video into the mix. You could even do live challenges or 1 on 1 gameplay.
    Anyway, just something to think about for the future. I'd love to see some gameplay from the games as your talking about them and I'd say lots of others would feel the same. I offer my services on the video side of things if you ever want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Steve SI wrote: »
    If I may make a suggestion, what would take the whole podcast thing to another level would be to do a video cast.
    I actually wanted to do a video cast kinda but at a beers, like recording a Dinorex tourney :P

Sera wrote: »
    afaik no one here is Steven spelled with a v except SteveSI, who's under Marik's control

Sorry Sera, I've always been under the control of a far greater being, a being so powerful we mustn't mention his name for fear of angering him.
    He is the all powerful one, all glory to
    Hypnotoad

1232904062_hypno%20toad.gif

Edit:
    Changed the image as the orig gif was a bit trippy(might cause fits and what not).
    http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/596/animatedhypnotoad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

A videocast would be great but with the exception of Sera the rest of us only have faces for Radio:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sparks43 wrote: »
    A videocast would be great but with the exception of Sera the rest of us only have faces for Radio:o

Excuse you, I'm mad sexy.

• Advertisement

Excuse you, I'm mad sexy.

Put the Morgans down and put on the coffee.

Im no oil painting but you are not even a watercolor :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Put the Morgans down and put on the coffee.

Im no oil painting but you are not even a watercolor :D

I'm not even drunk so it must be true!

You cut me deep man, real deep. Although that doesn't matter when you look like me :cool:

259138-to-all-of-those-women-still-chasing-zeddie-little-the-25-year-old-iden.jpg

I'm not even drunk so it must be true!

You cut me deep man, real deep. Although that doesn't matter when you look like me :cool:

shanemac-teeth200.jpg

fyp:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sure you're only gorgeous

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUChtcRFcx0qx3zdew71lfnw599Q0S3aTjmktPzSX6-fdHOrgF924p4c5i

Sorry Sera, I've always been under the control of a far greater being, a being so powerful we mustn't mention his name for fear of angering him.
    I thought you were gonna say the o/h. I'm a brainslug lady myself lol jk everybody loves Hypnotoad!
    A videocast would be great but with the exception of Sera the rest of us only have faces for Radioredface.gif
    on the podcast and now on here, you big lickarse :P sure Retr0 can go on as a school girl, we'll both do it'll be great! Jack Burton can get naked and the rest of ye can have beer goggles, maybe attach some to the camera
    I'm no oil painting but you are not even a watercolor biggrin.gif
    robbing that! my sister will love it too :pac:

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sure you're only gorgeous

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUChtcRFcx0qx3zdew71lfnw599Q0S3aTjmktPzSX6-fdHOrgF924p4c5i

I know right!

I so would.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

hahhhahahahha

Lol Wut? I don't even....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think what Steve suggested would take the show to a whole new level. Sure the editing & cutting to and from shots would be an increased workload, but it'd be so worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

It would be great to have video clips of the games mentioned or even just artwork or screenshots faded into while people are talking about a game in depth.

The screenshots would be a much faster way I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We were actually thinking of doing some endurance videos maybe something like game Centre CX. I was actually thinking doing a charity endurance run of Legend of Dragoon. It 's a lot of work though so maybe only have themas once offs.

As for making these video podcasts, we could do that but again it's a lot of work and I know nothing about video editing. It's worth thinking about but again it's about getting the time to do them.

I'd love to do something like that but it'd have to be a game with unlimited continues or lots of save points as I would like to start over again if we died!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    We were actually thinking of doing some endurance videos maybe something like game Centre CX. I was actually thinking doing a charity endurance run of Legend of Dragoon. It 's a lot of work though so maybe only have themas once offs.

As for making these video podcasts, we could do that but again it's a lot of work and I know nothing about video editing. It's worth thinking about but again it's about getting the time to do them.

As I said I could help out with the video editing if required.
    Here's a quick clip I put together in literally 5 mins to show sort of what I mean(bit rough but you get the idea).
    Imagine the latest podcast playing in the background as the game plays on screen, you discussing the 3 games etc. Of course music could be faded in and out and all that stuff but it gives an idea of what it might be like.

Retr0 was saying that Dinorex was thinking of doing a Tomb Raider (or Toeum Raider as it's called here) podcast, know he said I'd love to but just confirming, I would ya
    that's really cool for such a quickly made video! Mad about it :P

That's so cool! We could do challenges where each of us tries to complete the level the fastest!

• Advertisement

Retr0 was saying that Dinorex was thinking of doing a Tomb Raider (or Toeum Raider as it's called here) podcast, know he said I'd love to but just confirming, I would ya

that's really cool for such a quickly made video! Mad about it :P

It's very basic really, I just grabbed 3 longplays from youtube and stuck them on a 1080p composition and dropped the contra marquee in the background.
    Roughly sized them and positioned them and that was it really. Oh, and dropped a mp3 as background music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Hey! I was great when we did the podcast that RTE filmed:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ok go to 1:35, that is the greatest opening to any segment ever!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Myself and Sera are around this weekend if there's a podcast.

2-4 tomorrow okay?

Fine by me.

Anyone else want to come along, we'll probably do the tomb raider series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Fine by me.

Anyone else want to come along, we'll probably do the tomb raider series.

I know my way around raiding a tomb, please see below CV:
    TombRaiderCollection.jpg

However I'm not around tomorrow afternoon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Fair play to you Sera, sticking to your guns about the mansion in the first Tomb Raider game, I knew you were right!

Not a bad show, you guys probably could have gone into more detail in some areas however that's only a small point. Overall I thought it a good listen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

It's very basic really, I just grabbed 3 longplays from youtube and stuck them on a 1080p composition and dropped the contra marquee in the background.
    Roughly sized them and positioned them and that was it really. Oh, and dropped a mp3 as background music.

Cough , I am so stealing that idea for the youtube channel ;)
    (nah ..The PC I currently use for rendering would implode, also I dont actually know how to do any of that , also stealing is bad etc ...;))

Advertisement