Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro Podcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Would like to do another Horror Hot Pot.

Maybe even record one live at the next meet up at halloween if we get a decent crowd.
    already mentioned another HH so I'd love it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh I'm all for that and I'm sure Sera is as well.

I was thinking if we want hits we should do a Legend of Dragoon is **** podcast:

223060.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

You could have a regular Legend of Dragoon is sh*t segment. We can make a jingle and everything. Each week have another reason why it's sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dooms knowledge of all things SF is mightily impressive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can only imagine if he wasn't there, the fighting game community would tear me apart :)

• Advertisement

We could have done a 3 hour special on Elfmania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I can only imagine if he wasn't there, the fighting game community would tear me apart :)

Throwing your scraps to the LoD community no doubt :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

EnterNow wrote: »
    Dooms knowledge of all things SF is mightily impressive

Thanks, although I could think of a few people in Dublin alone who'd probably know more than me!
    Retr0gamer wrote: »

Azza probably would tear you apart for allowing me on the podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Just listened to it now.
    Nice one Lads,Very entertaining,informative and proffesional.
    Doom..shame on you for not knowing the name of Guiles Bazooka Knee in SF.
    I thought you were a family man.

Also why no mention of SF4!!! The game has done so much regarding SF and fighting games in general.
    Ohh and i have come across that SF1 cab with pressure sensitive buttons in Ireland.
    It was in that arcade on West Morland st,Arcade city was it?
    My first encounter with Street fighter 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Just listened to it now.

Also why no mention of SF4!!! The game has done so much regarding SF and fighting games in general.
    Ohh and i have come across that SF1 cab with pressure sensitive buttons in Ireland.

I remember my brother mentioning something similar when we were talking about it last year, he said it didn't last long 'til they replaced it with the six-button set-up.

• Advertisement

It would have went on a little too long an we are trying to keep the podcast retro focused.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just listened to it now.

SF4 aint retro, you know well I could talk about that particular game for about 3 hours on it's own :)

And I know the name of the bazooka knee and the rolling sobat, just forgot when which one was introduced!

We are recording the next podcast at 3pm this Sunday if anyone wants to contribute. The topic will be Resident Evil. Remember we can take call ins as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

/tempted to call in making claims that I have RE 1.5

CV3S5.png

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-and-retro-podcast-resident-evil/

Might as well put it in it's proper place.

In the spirit of Halloween and to mark the occasion of the recent release of the latest title in the series we look back at the Resident Evil games.

6QyiX.jpg

I know it was said in General but will post it here too
    Sparks43 wrote: »
    Is there still an xmas podcast being made?
    Dinorex wrote:
    My Sundays are taken up in December with another production. But if another day suits then we can go ahead and do it.
    Any other days available? can be around Dublin Friday - Sunday really but I can always Skype and do mid week instead

Well I'm free most of the time. Wouldn't mind doing a phantasy star podcast when I finish PS4.

Well I'm free Saturday afternoon. I'll check the studio book in the morning.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Well I'm free Saturday afternoon. I'll check the studio book in the morning.
    I'll be in with the farmers then lol jkjk

• Advertisement

As long as it's not too early I'll be able to make it. I have a lecture until 12.30 and will have to get the train home as well.

It won't be early. I enjoy my bed too much on a Saturday morning for that.

Okay. 14.00 on Saturday. Let's do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

That Sonic one exists in the same realm as HL3, Mother 4 and relaxed Xmas shopping, doesn't it?

charlie-brown-lucy-football.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Right , bearing in mind I've played through more of it than any sane man should have to ,and read up so much on it that I now know more than Ed Logg on it any chance of getting a Gauntlet based Podcast in the next while?(I can get myself free some day/weekend for it I reckon) Reckon if I go from Dandy all the way through to Gauntlet seven sorrows , or the cencelled DS port I can waffle for a while on it!

Sonic podcast?
    tumblr_inline_mf7e4ybPA51qjxeq1.jpg

Anyway, Pokémon podcast sometime? whenever Atavan is free, it'd be a sin to keep him out of it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm actually off this Sunday so I could do it!

I'm actually off this Sunday so I could do it!
    Dr Bob is doing Bubble Bobble/Gauntlet? this weekend, don't think I'm around either, kinda sick :/

• Advertisement

Saturday at 14.00. Like Sera says, it's going to be totally sick! (that's the lingo kids use these days, right?)

Advertisement