Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent Experience with Budapest Dentist

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Fair enough points, but its time to put this thread to bed. The OPs updates are the only relevant posts, everything else has been well gone over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 oconnom

Hi,
    I went to a dentist in Budapest 10 years ago, my teeth are still amazing, if I say so myself. The clinic I attended have a panel of dentists in Ireland for aftercare (Irish Dentists). Crowns guaranteed 5 yrs, Implants Lifetime guarantee (patients lifetime) ..., A Huge success story...,

You signed up to boards just to post on two different old threads about this, after 10 years.....shill.

I hope my post will alleviate concerns people may have about travelling abroad for dental treatment, unfortunately I cannot mention the name of the clinic I attended, all I can say is check how long clinic have been operating, reading Google reviews also is a must..., qualifications of dentists and guarantee provided is alsovery important to check.....,There is more advanced dentistry available in Budapest at much lower prices. Like everywhere, there are cowboys there too. Luckily I was directed to my clinic, by a very kind Irish dentist.

Well lets hope your not the Patient Relations Manager at a certain dental tourism company, or the winner of a prize with a dental tourism company company. Shilling is very embarrassing if your found out. When people pop onto boards, post about only one thing, mix up the timeline of treatment between different posts (8 years / 10 years which is it) and post like adverts they tend to be shills.

• Advertisement

Dear Moderator, I can send you my treatment plan if this helps you, to prove who I am that I was a dental patient 9/10 yrs ago...., however I know so many other people who have posted on this forum, who are being questioned also, so please do not be concerned I will not be posting here again. There are many other forums, where people can post freely if they decide to do so.

oconnom wrote: »
    Dear Moderator, I can send you my treatment plan if this helps you, to prove who I am that I was a dental patient 9/10 yrs ago...., however I know so many other people who have posted on this forum, who are being questioned also, so please do not be concerned I will not be posting here again. There are many other forums, where people can post freely if they decide to do so.

In another post here you signed it Mary. Your boards user name is o'connom, Mary O'Connor (married name Flanagan (your husband works for the same dental clinic)) is the Patient Relationship Mgr. Ireland at **name deleted** Dental Clinic in Budapest. I will resist the temptation to name and shame the clinic, but If you want to persist I have a number photographed cases I seen from that clinic that I can post and trust me you dont want that.

This is a blatant shill. Anyone reading this will see your posing as a happy independent customer I am sure you are/were a patient as your have obvious dental work , but your not declaring that you have a financial interest in getting patients to go there. Your aim was to get people to contact you directly and refer them to your company. This is not going well Mary, and looks bad. I suggest you PM me, fess up, and I will delete your posts and you can forget about this.

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization. I will not have honest boards users mislead and conned.

Internet and social media eh...you have to have a long memory, I have been doing this a long time.

Dear Moderator,

You can delete all my posts absolutely no problem.

As I say I have been a patient + I assumed, as I have seen other dentists posting, this was in order. I am only recently married, I was single when I joined Boards.ie - not that I feel I have to justify as you will read the reasons below....,

Many of our patients have also been stopped posting.

Maybe have a word with your people who hound us regularly to advertise on boards.ie I have asked these people can I post my experience to ascertain the hit rate as to the response if we advertise, and I was advised no problem.

Hence I did so, obviously there is some lack of communication between your aggressive sales people and yourselves.

I appreciate your consideration here.

Thank you,

Mary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Dear Moderator,

As I say I have been a patient + I assumed, as I have seen other dentists posting, this was in order. I am only recently married, I was single when I joined Boards.ie - not that I feel I have to justify as you will read the reasons below....,

Maybe have a word with your people who hound us regularly to advertise on boards.ie I have asked these people can I post my experience to ascertain the hit rate as to the response if we advertise, and I was advised no problem.

Hence I did so, obviously there is some lack of communication between your aggressive sales people and yourselves.

Thank you,

Mary

Caught out, And Mary I saw your teeth on a TV slot you did a couple of years ago, you might be happy with them but they would not pass muster by any good cosmetic dental standards here. They are monochromatic, white and obviously fake. That isn't good cosmetic dentistry, it is obvious cosmetic dentistry though.

Nice ( but equally obvious ) try on the shilling.

When viewing an advertisement a consumer is in no doubt who is responsible for the ad and what is being advertised. In this case you surreptitiously posted in such a way that hid the fact that you were advertising on behalf of a company you work for, for your gain. For all those who wonder why the mods don't allow names to be posted, Mary here is the best example I have seen yet to back up that policy.

Embarrassing for you, embarrassing for the clinic, how would any one trust you?

Dear Moderator,

You obviously have the wrong person as I was not on TV a few years ago...., I wish I was ??? Last May when I came on board we ran a TV ad.....,
    I visited one of the best dental clinic's in Ireland on my return, (as advised by the Irish dentist who referred me) This clinic employ a maxifillio facial surgeon, he was highly impressed with the work carried out, so much so that they are now on board with us, here in Ireland.
    It really does not matter, you are obviously not a dentist, you have not seen my teeth and we are getting in excess of 600 patients per month, so we do not need to advertise on somewhere like this. However I did what your advertising people suggested many times, to try it out. !!!!

By the way I love my Full Porcelain Zirconium crowns combined with my implants, as does everybody else. Why are we receiving so many patients ?. I also received bite restoration treatment not just a gum shield which was never suggested here. I don't expect you to understand Gnathology treatment or Arcus Digma ...,

This is all that matters.

Thanking you anyhow,

I will not be using this forum again, so you need have no concerns.

There is no need for a reply

Mary

• Advertisement

Dear Moderator,

You obviously have the wrong person as I was not on TV a few years ago...., I wish I was ??? Last May when I came on board we ran a TV ad.....,
    I visited one of the best dental clinic's in Ireland on my return, (as advised by the Irish dentist who referred me) This clinic employ a maxifillio facial surgeon, he was highly impressed with the work carried out, so much so that they are now on board with us, here in Ireland.
    It really does not matter, you are obviously not a dentist, you have not seen my teeth and we are getting in excess of 600 patients per month, so we do not need to advertise on somewhere like this. However I did what your advertising people suggested many times, to try it out. !!!!

By the way I love my Full Porcelain Zirconium crowns combined with my implants, as does everybody else. Why are we receiving so many patients ?. I also received bite restoration treatment not just a gum shield which was never suggested here. I don't expect you to understand Gnathology treatment or Arcus Digma ...,

Thanking you anyhow,

Mary

This is getting even more embarrassing for you. You are using a surgeon who works for the same clinic as you as a reference? Is this the same clinic that provides the aftercare?

You are the one who clandestinely posted on here, trying to get people to contact you without informing them that you work for the clinic and will no doubt benefit financially if they go for treatment.

That was the ad I saw, it's obvious you have crowns, they are monochromatic and fake-looking. I bet your friends say "your crowns are lovely, where did you have them done?" Good cosmetic dentistry is when people say " you've got lovely teeth", they don't know that they are crowns.

Embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

I did nothing wrong but please delete all the evidence…..
    Dear Moderator,

Thank you,

Mary

Ah Davo, some people like that crowntastic look. Just because you with your dental degree and keen eye don't like it means squat...

Most maxillofacial surgeons I know wouldn't know one end or a crown from another and would run a million miles from getting into bed with a dental tourism clinic, fact. I call total BS on this one.

btw, Fitzgeme has absolutely nothing to do with the advertising on boards, actually I think it is linked to google ads… So when you say "your advertising people" its nothing to do with the mods….

600 patients a month, cattle mart style, I like it….
    Dear Moderator,

Thanking you anyhow,

Mary

I've printed off Mary's posts, I'm going to put them in my waiting room, next time someone says to me that they have read great reports about X Clinic on the internet, I'm going to show these posts to them and tell them all that glitters is not gold. Never put much stock in an online review, you never know if it's someone like Mary who has a vested/financial interest who is writing them.

I just had a look at their website, Mary mentioned that implants have a "lifetime guarantee" , on the website it has in brackets "only the product" ie only if it breaks. So if it fails because of poor placement, poor planning, poor occlusal analysis pre-op, then there is no guarantee. Nice.

After some thought, I will leave the posts there chaps rather than deleting. Mary I gave you an out which you didn't take. But do continue digging defending yourself

Let the public who read this (who are not half as dumb as shills think they are) decide what to make of it all.

Its interesting that this same clinics facebook page run by the above shill is stealing my clinical photos,

299723.jpg

With over 600 patients per month, you would think that they have enough of their own photos without stealing clinical photos from other clinics. I wonder if their other photos are borrowed/stolen also??

This is highly dishonest and unethical. Fitzgeme can probably do nothing about it as the clinic is protected by it jurisdiction and the resident dental rep is not a dentist and so not directly answerable to the Irish dental council.

I have been offered a percentage of the total treatment cost by these clinics if I would refer patients there. Its totally unethical and as a professional is a disgusting practice. The only interest these middlemen and women have is getting you there and getting you to have as much treatment as possible. 2.5% of the treatment was the last offer I got which was a cut of the middlemans commishion, so they must get at least 10-20% (so even less being actually spent on the dental work, everyones getting a cut). So when somebody cannot afford treatment with me, do I recommend they go for dental tourism and at lest I get a few quid...no. Cause the treatment is too fast, too ugly and causes too much trouble and more importantly I have ethics and like my patients.

As for the stealing of my photographs, I will give it a day or two to be taken down and then take it further.

Fitz, a Surgeon offering a clinician a financial inducement to refer patients for invasive surgical treatment is a whole different and very serious issue. If a cardiac surgeon did this to a GP he/she would be struck off. This goes beyond a case of shilling and should be brought to the attention of the Dental Council. Mary, your clinic is going to love you for this.

davo10 wrote: »
    Fitz, a Surgeon offering a clinician a financial inducement to refer patients for invasive surgical treatment is a whole different and very serious issue. If a cardiac surgeon did this to a GP he/she would be struck off. This goes beyond a case of shilling and should be brought to the attention of the Dental Council. Mary, your clinic is going to love you for this.

I had similar advances from a tourism clinic rep, still have the emails....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

unless i'm mistaken, your comment has been removed Fitz..

So now I get a ring from a colleague who read this thread. On the facebook page again is a little story that about how great they are.....

Beside it a picture. And guess what its a clinical picture of mine. Not only that but my own mother, whom I successfully placed implants for several years ago at no charge. This has now become a big issue. Mary if your reading you need to ring my clinic on Monday and explain why you are stealing my IP, publishing pictures of my patients without their permission, inventing histories to go along with them, I will decide wheather this is a data protection issue, a advertising standards issue, a dental council issue. IP thieft. This is something we professionals take very seriously.

I wont comment on why your giving out dental advice on facebook to people.

299764.jpg

to prove I am not kidding here is another crop from the original. Screen grabs go on here as proof. Davo it wasnt Marys clinic that made me an offer, however I have had communication from them on other matters, its was another crowd of these type of chaps.

299765.jpg

Shocking stuff Fitz.

Again, just to back this up. I placed the implants for this patient and Fitz completed all the restorative work.

How can this clinic claim that this lady came to see them?? How can they invent some cock and bull story about her suitability for implants and to top it all off how can this clinic use this as an example of greed taking over dentistry in Ireland. We did this treatment for free!!!

This image being touted as examples of their work

299774.jpg

Actual clinic that did the work here
    http://www.westmountdentalsurgery.co.uk/gallery.html

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Hillmanhunter1

I returned to Budapest last month for a replacement set of over-dentures - I have telescopic crowns on my remaining natural teeth which serve as a foundation for the over-dentures giving, I understand, far greater stability and a better bite that I would have if I did not have the crowns.

My dentures needed replacing because I had lost a veneer from one tooth and a second had come off twice - a result of chewing rather than sucking Tic-Tacs. Over the last 6 months or so I had also noticed that the fit of the upper denture against my palate was not as snug as it had been.

I returned to the same dental surgery where I had my work done three years ago, and I was seen by the same dentist. He must be nearing retirement now - I don't know if he'll still be there in another three years, but it is a busy practice with lots of other dentists. Anyone who wants further details of the place and the costs can send me a PM as I believe I'm not allowed to give that information on this board.

The whole treatment took approx. 10 days, from my initial assessment to the final fitting of the new dentures. At the initial assessment the dentist examined my crowns and was satisfied that they were still in good condition and did not require replacement. He took impressions of my mouth and my dentures and I was also seen by the technician who makes the dentures. I was then free for five days (including a weekend) which I used to return to Ireland (I live in the Middle East).

For the first three days after returning I had a half-hour session each day to fit my new dentures. Apparently this was needed because I was retaining my original crowns. It was explained to me that because these must fit perfectly into the opposing cups on the dentures it can be more difficult to put new dentures on old crowns than to match new crowns and dentures.

Anyway, the dentures were in fact ready a day ahead of schedule and I had the benefit of a few days R'n'R in Budapest - enough goulash and beer to keep me going for a while!

For the first two weeks or so after I returned I had quite a bit of soreness, the new dentures - though a better fit than the old - were of course different and there were new pressure points to toughen-up. In addition my jaws were sore from the experience of having impressions taken on several days in a row. All that has disappeared now. My new dentures are much lighter than the old ones, are a better fit, and though they are newer, and therefore somewhat brighter, they are visually the same as my old ones so the change has not been noticeable.

All in all this one-person longitudinal study is going fine so far!

Will update again when there is news to report.

Have to totally replace a prosthesis after 3 years is a total disgrace, having to fly abroad for double so. This is not normal, dont reccomend this to anyone.

Multiple crowns and a set of cast over dentures, which only lasted three years, their demise necessities you going back for 10 days treatment and you say everything "is going fine so far", am I missing something?

Hillman, considering you had extensive and complicated treatment first time round, did you not expect it to last more than three years?

Also, out of curiousity, did you have to pay for the travel costs and replacement over denture considering the prosthesis failed after such a short period of time? And when it was sore for the two weeks after fit, why didn't you have it adjusted?

You lost a veneer from one tooth and another came off twice, on top of that your 3 year old precision over denture does not fit well anymore!!!! After 3 years??
    And you keep going back??!!
    And you keep recommending this crap??!!

Goes to show that patients will accept any old tripe when it's cheaper....
    I returned to Budapest last month for a replacement set of over-dentures - I have telescopic crowns on my remaining natural teeth which serve as a foundation for the over-dentures giving, I understand, far greater stability and a better bite that I would have if I did not have the crowns.

My dentures needed replacing because I had lost a veneer from one tooth and a second had come off twice - a result of chewing rather than sucking Tic-Tacs. Over the last 6 months or so I had also noticed that the fit of the upper denture against my palate was not as snug as it had been.

I returned to the same dental surgery where I had my work done three years ago, and I was seen by the same dentist. He must be nearing retirement now - I don't know if he'll still be there in another three years, but it is a busy practice with lots of other dentists. Anyone who wants further details of the place and the costs can send me a PM as I believe I'm not allowed to give that information on this board.

The whole treatment took approx. 10 days, from my initial assessment to the final fitting of the new dentures. At the initial assessment the dentist examined my crowns and was satisfied that they were still in good condition and did not require replacement. He took impressions of my mouth and my dentures and I was also seen by the technician who makes the dentures. I was then free for five days (including a weekend) which I used to return to Ireland (I live in the Middle East).

For the first three days after returning I had a half-hour session each day to fit my new dentures. Apparently this was needed because I was retaining my original crowns. It was explained to me that because these must fit perfectly into the opposing cups on the dentures it can be more difficult to put new dentures on old crowns than to match new crowns and dentures.

Anyway, the dentures were in fact ready a day ahead of schedule and I had the benefit of a few days R'n'R in Budapest - enough goulash and beer to keep me going for a while!

For the first two weeks or so after I returned I had quite a bit of soreness, the new dentures - though a better fit than the old - were of course different and there were new pressure points to toughen-up. In addition my jaws were sore from the experience of having impressions taken on several days in a row. All that has disappeared now. My new dentures are much lighter than the old ones, are a better fit, and though they are newer, and therefore somewhat brighter, they are visually the same as my old ones so the change has not been noticeable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Crunching on a few tic-tacs caused these problems :confused:

Tic-tacs!!!!!!

And that's acceptable to you?! Oh come on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Hillmanhunter1

amdublin, Oral Surgeon, davo10, fitzgeme

Thank you all for your comments.

As I think I have made clear on a number of occasions I live in a country where, while many aspects of life are attractive, most expatriates go abroad for anything beyond trivial medical or dental treatment.

Briefly dealing with each post;

amdublin - it wasn't just the tic-tacs, but three wonderful years of vigorous chewing on all kinds of foods that I couldn't have eaten before the treatment.

Oral Surgeon - I could have had the existing denture fixed again - I didn't need to change it, but I could afford to have it replaced and I did. Dentures do stain after a while and even with daily cleaning they were not as clean looking as they once were. Regarding the fit, perhaps I should be clear, the telescopic crowns continued to fit perfectly into one another. The problem was that the shape of the roof of my mouth changed slightly (apparently this is normal) and there was a tiny gap between the upper denture and the roof of my mouth. I could have opted to have my dentures relined, or to use an adhesive, but I chose to get new dentures that have a much smaller area of contact with my palate, are much thinner, and fit better.

davo10 - You may have missed the bit where I said that my crowns are perfect - I was originally told that I could expect them to last 10 years and this continues to be the case. My gums are also in rude good health which is important to me as gum disease (resulting from poor oral hygiene in my youth) was the reason why I needed such extensive treatment.

As for the travel costs, well the tooth fairy paid for that of course!

The prosthesis did not fail, a couple of veneers came off which could have been replaced, and were in fact replaced for free by the dentist in Budapest, meaning that I now have a spare set of dentures. I alone took the decision to replace the dentures.

Regarding the soreness - it wasn't beyond what I expected, new dentures do take a little getting used to.

Fitzgeme - me auld segotia, having the prosthesis changed was my decision, flying abroad is normal where I live and also normal if you live in Ireland. As a consumer of dental services I highly recommend it.

Advertisement