Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate jobs in the civil service (AO)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nehemiah

Application forms for the Law campaign are out!

They have to be returned by next Tuesday...don't they realise that there is a European Championships on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Yep, just got mine too! :) Not quite sure what I'm going to put it in now that I have it, but will do my best!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dancer656

Got mine too. It'll be short and sweet seeing that I have zero experience. At least I tried!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭bossdrum

The accounting one has come out today as well.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭mike2084

Does anyone know what the oral presentation is like? I'm doing it for tax policy next Wednesday. Would the presentation be something to do with tax or on any random subject?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭anbodhran

I've just been placed No.1 on the HR panel after the interviews. Gobsmacked!

anbodhran wrote: »
    Well done that's great news!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Looks like you will be in a new job soon. Congrats. Did you do your undergraduate degree in HR too?

phoenix999 wrote: »
    Looks like you will be in a new job soon. Congrats. Did you do your undergraduate degree in HR too?

No, Commerce. Are you going for HR as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Hi,

Just thought I'd share with everyone here that I received a response from the P.A.S that they'd offered position up to the 16th place on the Banking and Finance panel.

I ws told there were no current vacancies but they're going to start doing clearance on the rest of the panel this week (I assume that means references and garda forms).

I'm pretty near the top now so hopefully I'll get something :)

• Advertisement

aidom wrote: »
    Hi,

Just thought I'd share with everyone here that I received a response from the P.A.S that they'd offered position up to the 16th place on the Banking and Finance panel.

I ws told there were no current vacancies but they're going to start doing clearance on the rest of the panel this week (I assume that means references and garda forms).

I'm pretty near the top now so hopefully I'll get something :)

I wonder does everyone get a different email? I didn't get that much information at all, just stating my placing and that jobs will be filled following the clearing process. I must give them a ring to see what the craic is.

I wonder does everyone get a different email? I didn't get that much information at all, just stating my placing and that jobs will be filled following the clearing process. I must give them a ring to see what the craic is.

I sent them an email this morning asking them what position I was now. I didn't get an extra info in my original mail. I was just getting impatient :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I sent them an email this morning asking them what position I was now. I didn't get an extra info in my original mail. I was just getting impatient :rolleyes:

Yeah literally just off the phone with them. The person who sent me the email is off sick...and the person who sent the last one is off on holidays! No extra information basically from what was in my email.

"The Public Appointments Service will place all candidates into clearing and will begin filling vacancies as they arise". I asked them if that might be in two weeks or in two months and they said they honestly didn't know. Very hard to plan things with so little information.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Yeah literally just off the phone with them. The person who sent me the email is off sick...and the person who sent the last one is off on holidays! No extra information basically from what was in my email.

"The Public Appointments Service will place all candidates into clearing and will begin filling vacancies as they arise". I asked them if that might be in two weeks or in two months and they said they honestly didn't know. Very hard to plan things with so little information.

What sub campaign are you waiting to hear about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

What sub campaign are you waiting to hear about?

HR also.

Tax policy interview results are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 whattodo?

Law results are out, anyone know how many are being called for interview?
    Bit nervous now!
    Anyone who has done an interview for the other categories have any advice on the types of things they ask for presentations on? or even the types of questions they ask in the interview?

whattodo? wrote: »
    Law results are out, anyone know how many are being called for interview?
    Bit nervous now!
    Anyone who has done an interview for the other categories have any advice on the types of things they ask for presentations on? or even the types of questions they ask in the interview?

I think 28 have been called for an interview. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 whattodo?

Dancer656 wrote: »

Thanks a million! just wondering how you found out how many were called for interview, my email said very little! Maybe i will be sent more details soon

whattodo? wrote: »
    Dancer656 wrote: »

Thanks a million! just wondering how you found out how many were called for interview, my email said very little! Maybe i will be sent more details soon

I got the rejection email so it said that out of the 83 applicants only 28 would be called for interview. Best of luck with it all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 OBSC

Got the rejection message yesterday and again today (made the 83 but not the 28).

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭BarneyJ

OBSC wrote: »
    Got the rejection message yesterday and again today (made the 83 but not the 28).
    Ya, I got two rejection messages too. Thought today that maybe the first email was a mistake! Alas no. Very disappointing. Must have made a balls of the application form.

How long did the Garda clearance forms etc. take to come back for those of ye who went through the process already? I saw somewhere that it was a 2 week process, but could be quicker in some instances?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Got my rejection email recently for Law. Apparently I have "excellent academic achievement but lacks legal experience in a competitive field."

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭phoenix99

What stage is the Accountancy campaign at? Has the jobs panel been filled or are people still waiting to hear something back from them?

Haven't heard anything back from them on accountancy yet.

Just wondering if anyone else has recieved an email about a temporary position in the dept of finance for 12 months during the EU presidency?

I emailed and found out that you can keep your place on the permanent panel if you take up the contract position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

Just wondering if anyone else has recieved an email about a temporary position in the dept of finance for 12 months during the EU presidency?

I emailed and found out that you can keep your place on the permanent panel if you take up the contract position.

Thanks, was just about to ask them! I wonder what happens if a permanent position comes up within a month or two of starting the temporary contract?

Found this which might be of relevance to the temporary job duties: http://circulars.gov.ie/pdf/letter/per/2012/1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Can anyone apply for this position?

Or do you have to be on the permanent panel?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭phoenix99

Haven't heard anything back from them on accountancy yet.

Did you submit the supplementary application form and did you get confirmation they have received it?

Advertisement