Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate jobs in the civil service (AO)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

I'm just hoping that those of us on the tax policy list be given the good news/put out of our misery soon enough !!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Did anyone just get a rejection email from the Civil Service? I got through to the application stage of banking and finance and didnt expect to get any further so I thought that was what the email was in relation to. The name of the campaign on the email is just graduate opportunities in the civil service. Does this mean I'm rejected from all categories (I also applied to Tax and Law). So confused and have no access to my personal email at work so cant email the person and ask.

Anyone else get similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

CavanGal wrote: »
    Did anyone just get a rejection email from the Civil Service? I got through to the application stage of banking and finance and didnt expect to get any further so I thought that was what the email was in relation to. The name of the campaign on the email is just graduate opportunities in the civil service. Does this mean I'm rejected from all categories (I also applied to Tax and Law). So confused and have no access to my personal email at work so cant email the person and ask.

Anyone else get similar?

Yep got the exact same. Was expecting it for banking/finance. Hopefully that's all it's for. I'll send an email and get the 'feedback' I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Merp

Got the PFO as well, despite the fact that I was expecting it I'm still gutted I didn't get to the interview stage after everything involved.

A huge well done to anyone who does get to an interview as it was one tough set of skills/experience required!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I got an interview. In a week, notice not great.

Have to get original documents of degrees etc. Assume thats just the sheet of paper with your results on them.

Presentation beforehand as well.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »

Have to get original documents of degrees etc. Assume thats just the sheet of paper with your results on them.

Well done Noodler, great achievement and best of luck! Whats the presentation on?

Congratulations!

Presentation as in you have to give one? Or watch one?

Everyone has to give one it seems. You don't seem to know what it is on, but you show up an hour or so early and do it there.

Another email to come with some details but I get the feeling it will be impromptu.

Everyone has to give one it seems. You don't seem to know what it is on, but you show up an hour or so early and do it there.

Another email to come with some details but I get the feeling it will be impromptu.

Bloody hell.. it's not a recruitment process it's an endurance test.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 KWex

I read somewhere that the interviews are based on a list of 13 or 14 key points of the civil service. Something like that, not great info sorry! Well done to you guys who got interviews!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

I wasn't in the top 100 for Banking and Finance, and filled out a Stage 3 application for HR and Economics, and got a rejection email this evening. Is that a rejection letter for HR/Economics?

A general letter doesn't tell me if I'm out of everything, or one of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Bren45 wrote: »
    Yeah im in the exact same position as you! Very confusing!

Best thing to do is email them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I've sent the email there but if anyone gets a reply tomorrow can they post coz like I said, I dont have access to my emails at work and am anxious to know what the story is.

Thanks guys

Good luck !

If I were you, I'd read the email again, because the last CS interview I did I needed to bring the actual degree with me. Not the transcripts from the university with the results

Which one are you being interviewed for ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

KWex wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the interviews are based on a list of 13 or 14 key points of the civil service. Something like that, not great info sorry! Well done to you guys who got interviews!!

This is true, there is a competency framework. Here are examples of them for different grades.

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/client/toolkit/docs/a4_foldout.pdf

Good luck to all who got interviews!

delricyo wrote: »
    Good luck !

If I were you, I'd read the email again, because the last CS interview I did I needed to bring the actual degree with me. Not the transcripts from the university with the results

My degree is actually no use on its own because the latin doesn't seem to say the subjects!

Good luck !

My degree is actually no use on its own because the latin doesn't seem to say the subjects!

Same with me - but they still wanted to see the Latin degree thingy !

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dancer656

Best of luck to all the candidates who have been called for an interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ckone

Yes. Congrats to everyone who got an interview. Although there seems to be a lot less people on here saying they were successful than there were at the last stage. I completed the application for the Economics competition but I dont think my qualifications probably came near what they were looking for. Economics was a subject during my undergraduate and my Graduate Diploma. Just wondering what qualifications other people hold and whether they were successful or unsuccessful?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Napper McCann

Does anyone know when the Law and Tax people are going to be called to the next stage?

• Advertisement

ckone wrote: »
    Yes. Congrats to everyone who got an interview. Although there seems to be a lot less people on here saying they were successful than there were at the last stage. I completed the application for the Economics competition but I dont think my qualifications probably came near what they were looking for. Economics was a subject during my undergraduate and my Graduate Diploma. Just wondering what qualifications other people hold and whether they were successful or unsuccessful?

I would say the numbers will be small from this stage onwards. I have never heard of this type of app form before for the CS. Usually it is straight to the interview prep form.

I would say they are looking with somebody with a good combination of ed and work exp

Does anyone know when the Law and Tax people are going to be called to the next stage?

I just hope it is soon. This waiting around is killing me !

Jesus, thery are in frames somewhere......I actually have to tear them out and bring them?

If I must!

Jesus, thery are in frames somewhere......I actually have to tear them out and bring them?

If I must!

Have a look at the email they sent you again.
    Years ago, the transcripts were good enough. I couldnt believe it when they said they needed the original when I applied the second time ! Had to remove from frame etc !!

But they may accept the transcripts now ? Don't quote me :)

Is it the economics post you are being interviewed for ?

Just got a text from publicjobs to advise it was only economics I had not been shortlisted for. I went for the banking/finance one so they obviously mean its only the one sub campaign rather than the whole campaign.

Just got a text message from Public Jobs telling me that the short listing notification I got yesterday was for Economics only.

I presume they mean Banking/Finance as I didn't apply for economics.

Edit: and now a second text telling me to ignore the first one and that it is only banking and finance. They got there in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I got a rejection yesterday and today I got an interview notice for Banking and Finance.

I only applied for Economics and banking and Finance so it must have been an economics rejection yesterday. I thought it was both so I'm very happy to have got an interview today.

I've got a first class honours masters in Economics from UCD so I thought I'd be better qualified for the economics postion but I guess they must have had some very strong applicants. My work experience is more finance based though so they may have their selection more on experience.

it starts at 8am on Wed 25th Apr. I'm not a morning person at all so I don;t really think it's looking great for me ! :D

It seems mad they'd actually want the degree! It's doesn's say any results on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Obwancan

Has anyone heard back about the law jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dancer656

Obwancan wrote: »
    Has anyone heard back about the law jobs?

No haven't heard anything, they're probably concentrating on the other campaigns first. I'm not too hopeful because I have zero experience but it was worth a try. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Yeah, I came 25th in the law category and havn't heard anything yet.
    Gonna be at a mad disadvantage as I'm a recent grad without any experience.
    Starting a masters in September so I'll be heading to that if this doesn't work out!

Advertisement