Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

greenflash wrote: »
    Lanes 2 & 3 bumper to bumper with loads of room in lane 1. Decent drivers forced to pass on the left! That's my M50. Just needs an Audi getting as far up the queue as possible before doing a dirty dart from lane 2 across the cross hatching to take the exit, leaving no one in any doubt that the driver is loaded and very important.

Yep, I see it too. And trucks hopping on the middle lane bandwagon now too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

greenflash wrote: »
    Lanes 2 & 3 bumper to bumper with loads of room in lane 1. Decent drivers forced to pass on the left! That's my M50.

They should just make Irish motorways 'right hand drive' like on the continent. They would work perfect then. Lane 1 full, lane 3 empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

That's mental. Imagine pulling in there with a puncture and 2.5 tonne lorry hitting you at 50kph+. They'd be in a world of trouble.

Mick55 wrote: »
    Traffic slightly heavier than usual on the Finglas slip road M50(N) this morning... To the hard shoulder!!

A couple of strategically placed "bus lane cameras" would soon put a stop to that malarkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Traffic slightly heavier than usual on the Finglas slip road M50(N) this morning... To the hard shoulder!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16_Zty4SrEA&feature=youtu.be

Was your dashcam a present from Santa, by any chance? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Impatient Golf driver in Clontarf this morning...wasting his time too because there's road works up ahead! Also there's shocked on-lookers to the left :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

red light jumper in 1 and cyclist cycling wrong way up road in 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

tk123 wrote: »
    Impatient Golf driver in Clontarf this morning...wasting his time too because there's road works up ahead! Also there's shocked on-lookers to the left :p

Looked more like he was just pissed off with his own bad judgement than impatience :P

Bus lane appears, taxi starts to enter it but sees guy ahead is about to turn left so immediately goes back right to overtake him on the right, Golf sees none of this and thinks he has a clear run, ends up having to jam, taxi driver correctly goes back into the bus lane, golf driver is probably pissed off with himself while cursing everyone else and rides into the distance... and of course the boards.ie inevitable question: Why aren't you getting into the left most driving lane after passing the taxi? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭blackbox

Unfortunately a lot of quality lost when uploaded to Youtube. View it in the highest resolution you can.

At least he didn't spill too many of his chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

That's where road rage starts:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I've been watching quite a few of those Russian dash cams and whilst they appear to be terrible drivers they are out to help like a shot if someone gets hurt.
    Comparing that to Asian car crashes I've seen and people carry on like nothing has happened. The word humanity seems to mean nothing to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

Guy undertaking in the bus lane gets pulled by crouching tiger hidden Garda!

The beauty of this one is that further back at a large motorway exit roundabout he flew around the roundabout in the wrong lane and cut in front of a car last minute, generally driving like a pillock! Aggressive and impatient driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

bear1 wrote: »
    I've been watching quite a few of those Russian dash cams and whilst they appear to be terrible drivers they are out to help like a shot if someone gets hurt.
    Comparing that to Asian car crashes I've seen and people carry on like nothing has happened. The word humanity seems to mean nothing to them.

There's a huge claim culture in some Asian countries where a victims family can sue a good Samaritan so for that reason people don't stop to help.

I don't know if you remember the case of the baby getting run over and ignored while it was in the middle of the street. Countless people saw it but did nothing for fear of getting sued.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Caliden wrote: »
    There's a huge claim culture in some Asian countries where a victims family can sue a good Samaritan so for that reason people don't stop to help.

I don't know if you remember the case of the baby getting run over and ignored while it was in the middle of the street. Countless people saw it but did nothing for fear of getting sued.

I remember that, the video has been burnt into my head.
    I watched one yesterday where a car blatantly knocked an old women off her scooter and she landed head first into the ground.
    She was motionless. People were driving around her, walking past her, anything other than go over and help or at the very least call for help.
    It's sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Guy undertaking in the bus lane gets pulled by crouching tiger hidden Garda!

The beauty of this one is that further back at a large motorway exit roundabout he flew around the roundabout in the wrong lane and cut in front of a car last minute, generally driving like a pillock! Aggressive and impatient driver.

The only thing that would have made that more satisfying to see, would be a big new BMW or Merc driver getting the ticket.

The only thing that would have made that more satisfying to see, would be a big new BMW or Merc driver getting the ticket.

You forgot Audi drivers! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Stereotypes and envy, can't beat the smell of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Why? What difference does it make?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dashcam5586

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

If they're going to pull out like that, put the bleedin foot down for feck sake

FTFY.

Thanks.

I cant edit my posts, or even post youtube videos now because "new users arent allowed".

Even though I posted one before.......

How many posts do I have to amass before this rule lifts?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Thanks.

I cant edit my posts, or even post youtube videos now because "new users arent allowed".

You should get a warning but the minimum post count is 50.

If they're going to pull out like that, put the bleedin foot down for feck sake

We were doing 100km/h if that puts it into perspective as its kinda hard to tell.
    He pulls out and sits at about 30km/h causing myself and the guy infront to brake hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Thanks.

We were doing 100km/h if that puts it into perspective as its kinda hard to tell.
    He pulls out and sits at about 30km/h causing myself and the guy infront to brake hard.

Sorry I was talking to the fella who pulled out (for all the use that does :o ), wasn't directed to you at all.

Sorry I was talking to the fella who pulled out (for all the use that does :o ), wasn't directed to you at all.

Oh yeah I know, I was just saying :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

When I'm looking at any of the Youtube videos being put up recently, There is no full screen option anymore so I've to click the video title that brings me to the Youtube video page and then the full screen option is there,

Anyway to fix this or is this the new norm now?

• Advertisement

dickwod1 wrote: »
    When I'm looking at any of the Youtube videos being put up recently, There is no full screen option anymore so I've to click the video title that brings me to the Youtube video page and then the full screen option is there,

Anyway to fix this or is this the new norm now?
    Too many lower spec PC's were locking up in full screen mode, so it makes sense to stop it defaulting to full screen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement