Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Glorious Vincent Browne Idolatry Thread

Options
  • 20-01-2012 7:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭

I hear that some South Pacific islanders view this man as a God. I don't blame them at all. All the charisma of a dead mackerel, but the seamless journalistic technique of April O'Neil, and just as delicious in a yellow boilersuit.

Post your thoughts on Vincent Browne here. Have you ever met him in real life? Perhaps he has excoriated you live on air, or down your local Tesco? I saw him having lunch with Professor Cormac Ó Gráda one time, but I was so starstruck I just stopped in my tracks and stared at them both like a rabbit caught in headlights.

One megastar would have been more than enough. I had to have a lie down after that:eek:

UP YER GEEEEEEEEEEE 19 votes

Titties all the way
    0% 0 votes
    Ray Foley (Should be in a Creche)
    31% 6 votes
    Vinny could do with viagara
    31% 6 votes
    UP YER GEEEEEEEEE
    10% 2 votes
    Ban me?
    26% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Nearly 2 hours into your thread and no response. Consider this a pity reply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭emo72

Did us all a favour yesterday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Vincent get's stuck into Klaus Masuch, asking the question I've wanted an answer to for some time now.

I really like him actually

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I think Vincent Brown looks like a homeless man that smells like piss. If I passed him in the street I'd give him half a sandwich.
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    Vincent get's stuck into Klaus Masuch, asking the question I've wanted an answer to for some time now.

I quite like him in that video though!

emo72 wrote: »

What happened?

What beruthiel said ^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Vinny only seems to get stuck in when he's bothered, the rest of the time he just trolls, like Matt Cooper and his ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

He made a complete tit of himself during the presidential campaign, lowering himself to a form of gutter journalism, but he completely redeemed himself yesterday in front of the Troika.

It's a pity he wasn't wearing camouflaged combat gear yesterday though

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    Vinny only seems to get stuck in when he's bothered, the rest of the time he just trolls, like Matt Cooper and his ilk.

Nah, he gets stuck in all the time. Asked a question and pursued an answer when they tried to brush him aside. At least give him his due this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Mercurius

later10 wrote: »
    Have you ever met him in real life?

I once stood next to him at a talk in the Grand Social.

I gave him a nod.

He nodded back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Beruthiel wrote: »

Unfortunately not getting much of an answer though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The Country could do with more VB's, all cranky but on different themes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

DrumSteve wrote: »

That's because Klaus had no valid answer that we would accept.

He got a great answer. The ecb can't put into words how stupid we are for accepting this. It reflects badly on us and our leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

There is no answer. Vincent Browne couldn't have started that exchange expecting a reasonable and satisfactory answer because such a thing does not exist.

There is nothing wrong with the ECB trying to protect the financial stability of the EA and the EU. The banking system is their constituency, and not the Irish public. No problem there.

What is so offensive is the idea of the ECB dictating - outside of any Memorandum or formal agreement - Irish government policy on any issue, be that to do with the banks or be that to do with economic policy more broadly.

The ECB, if they were honest would say "look, our job is to ensure financial stability; we're not a democracy, we'll do what we can to ensure financial stability". But that is - or should be - completely unacceptable, and Vincent Browne is one of the very very few credible journalists in Ireland (Dan O'Brien, wtf) who is capable of demonstrating such a serious policy hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

My friend said he saw him locked drunk on the bus recently..

gypsy_rose wrote: »
    My friend said he saw him locked drunk on the bus recently..

Just like me every friday night. What's the problem with that. If I had to deal with politicians every day, I would get drunk too.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Just watched his Q`s,What a Clsasic.Fair play to VB.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

He is the only journalist on tv that bats for the little guy, the rest like on Prime Time and RTE just represent big business and rich people. I find it interesting that he is the one being pointed out here, suppose its not surprising for boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

NinjaK wrote: »
    He is the only journalist on tv that bats for the little guy, the rest like on Prime Time and RTE just represent big business and rich people. I find it interesting that he is the one being pointed out here, suppose its not surprising for boards.ie
    How do you mean pointed out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

NinjaK wrote: »

What does pointed out mean? Most people here seem to be on Vincent's side here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

emo72 wrote: »

Totally agree, good man Vincent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Limericks finest. Get him onto the Frontline and put the Plank out to pasture.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There is no answer. Vincent Browne couldn't have started that exchange expecting a reasonable and satisfactory answer because such a thing does not exist.

There is nothing wrong with the ECB trying to protect the financial stability of the EA and the EU. The banking system is their constituency, and not the Irish public. No problem there.
    I've a problem there when it was a private bank, now gone wallop. That's the issue, not a general banking crisis. That was Vinnies point.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

Fair play for what he did yesterday. I will admit to liking his show. He gives some politicians a really hard time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He tore Cowen to bits in front of the world media and for that he should be awarded the freedom of the city

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

How do you mean pointed out?

I mean there is an anti-VB thread on here. When there are no anti-prime time or other right-wing RTE programmes being mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

We need more Vincent Browne's around asking questions, and to think, it's RTE get all the license fee, what a joke.

Advertisement