Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&P Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

muddypaws wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, all major dog foods have breeders schemes, but you have to have a minimum amount of breeding bitches and order a minimum over a specified timeframe. They really are aimed at breeders.

I don't think this is to be honest. You only need to give the IKC reg number for one dog. I was asked nothing about breeding when Dogfooddirect rang me.

I got a bag of Big Dog Puppy and Big Dog Adult. They're being delivered tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Home store and more have just text me- all pet beds, treats and toys and all plastic large storage containers are half price from 3rd august but if you want to buy them today or tomorrow quote 041750 at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Well we don't need anything..... but i'll still be taking a look lol!!

tk123 wrote: »
    Well we don't need anything..... but i'll still be taking a look lol!!

That's what I always say but still a manage to buy something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

My Border Terrier dog has still not forgiven me for buying him a large pink plastic bed from them last year!

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think this is to be honest. You only need to give the IKC reg number for one dog. I was asked nothing about breeding when Dogfooddirect rang me.

I got a bag of Big Dog Puppy and Big Dog Adult. They're being delivered tomorrow.

For some companies you dont even need an ikc number. I was offered it from Arden grange, you just buy in bulk but tbh it doesn't beat the skinners price as I subscribe and save (for 5 different items) and get 15% off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Millem wrote: »
    Home store and more have just text me- all pet beds, treats and toys and all plastic large storage containers are half price from 3rd august but if you want to buy them today or tomorrow quote 041750 at the till.

I was right :D

I got loads last year, beds were good value and lasted the year (and they get well, well used and abused here!) Didn't go for many of the treats and toys but got some bowls and a puppy pen and got my niece a cheap steps for her elderly yorkie to get onto her bed.

For some companies you dont even need an ikc number. I was offered it from Arden grange, you just buy in bulk but tbh it doesn't beat the skinners price as I subscribe and save (for 5 different items) and get 15% off :)

Well this isn't even buy in bulk. Its 2 15kg bags every 3/4 months. I ordered yesterday and got my delivery by courier there now. Very good service throughDogfooddirect.

Well this isn't even buy in bulk. Its 2 15kg bags every 3/4 months. I ordered yesterday and got my delivery by courier there now. Very good service throughDogfooddirect.

I only order 1 bag of skinners and a 6kg of burns. For me skinners is better value. My dogs are all rescues so I don't have Any ikc details

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Puppy pen. Is it the same as a baby play pen. Not that I'm thinking of buying one for the baby or anything...........................................

<<
    >>

• Advertisement

I only order 1 bag of skinners and a 6kg of burns. For me skinners is better value. My dogs are all rescues so I don't have Any ikc details

I was on the Skinners but a 15kg bag, even with subscribe and save, was coming in at just above €27 and it could take a week to come.

The Gain is working out at €29.97 and it's made by an Irish company so I'm supporting Irish jobs, both in Glanbia and Dogfooddirect. It's also next day delivery and delivered by a courier and not the postman.

I was on the Skinners but a 15kg bag, even with subscribe and save, was coming in at just above €27 and it could take a week to come.

The Gain is working out at €29.97 and it's made by an Irish company so I'm supporting Irish jobs, both in Glanbia and Dogfooddirect. It's also next day delivery and delivered by a courier and not the postman.

I pay £20.39 per 15kg bag and £14.83 per 6kg burns. I find it very handy it comes on the same date every month. I always used to forget and leave it too late for zooplus. I buy nicorette gum and toiletries too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Just got a lovely soft bed for Til & Oz for 8.50 in HS&M soooooo soft they will love it. Pity Lex rips up any soft bed I got her so she'll have to go with vetbed and blankets!

Also got a large waterbowl, a lead, poop bags and lint roller. Some really good offers. Oh and a Yankee Candle :-)

toadfly wrote: »
    Just got a lovely soft bed for Til & Oz for 8.50 in HS&M soooooo soft they will love it. Pity Lex rips up any soft bed I got her so she'll have to go with vetbed and blankets!

Also got a large waterbowl, a lead, poop bags and lint roller. Some really good offers. Oh and a Yankee Candle :-)

Candles are half price too :D

I was good and didn't get any toys etc! :D Got the tin box to organise all the bits and pieces on the counter in the kitchen, some lunch/plastic boxes reduced to €2 which will be prefect for the 1lb bags of meat from Slaney ;) and a plastic drawer storage thing for the shed

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/dogs/i-love-my-dog-food-canister+scoop-medium/invt/053924

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/storage-units/deep-3-drawer-storage-unit-charcoal/invt/053071

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Whispered wrote: »
    Puppy pen. Is it the same as a baby play pen. Not that I'm thinking of buying one for the baby or anything...........................................

<<
    >>

No not sturdy enough for a baby (unless its not mobile and you're using the pen to give some space between baby and dogs ;) ), however a baby playpen does work for puppies!

:D

Candles are half price too :D

Got the lemon one :D

mymo wrote: »
    No not sturdy enough for a baby (unless its not mobile and you're using the pen to give some space between baby and dogs ;) ), however a baby playpen does work for puppies!

Well my pup pushed through my beautiful soft crate without any effort so not sure I'd trust one of those puppy pens - they're for mini-dogs anyways lol :p It was like on gladiators where they push through the paper at the end :rolleyes: The dog hammock with a photo of a full sized retriever :mad: is small too and a bit flimsy but lasted us a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Well my pup pushed through my beautiful soft crate without any effort so not sure I'd trust one of those puppy pens - they're for mini-dogs anyways lol :p It was like on gladiators where they push through the paper at the end :rolleyes:

I'm assuming well behaved doggies, and using it just to create a space around baby in it pram/chair/on a mt on the floor.
    I used one for very young kittens here and the dogs never knocked it or broke it (although they did lick kittens through the mesh if they came to the edge of the pen)

I went mad. Mad!! :D

SxGY6GIl.jpg

• Advertisement

SxGY6GIl.jpg

Keep those beds away from Lex next time she visits :D

i'll never feel guilty about over spending again!! :D

toadfly wrote: »
    Keep those beds away from Lex next time she visits :D

Lex has her spot on the couch reserved from the get go, she only gets into her crate to eat and for bedtime:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Where do you all get your toys?

I tend to buy Kong's off Amazon and get the odd cheap toy from Dealz.

Ali is a Jack Russell so naturally they usually don't last :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

HOMESTORE & MORE have half price dog beds & feeding bowls & other accessories at half price for the month of August only!

i'll never feel guilty about over spending again!! :D

But it actually didn't cost that much, and I still have some of the beds I got last year going strong! The waterproof one I got last year is like new and the plush ones, while they have flattened somewhat, are still in one piece, and I throw them into the washing machine all the time.

I was going to get some plastic containers for toys and storage but I had no room left in the trolley and I had to go and pick Coco & Benson up from the groomers and I almost filled the back of the jeep!:D I might pop back tomorrow!

coathanger wrote: »
    HOMESTORE & MORE have half price dog beds & feeding bowls & other accessories at half price for the month of August only!

You're 6 hours late there :P

mymo wrote: »

I agree! It used to say on argos on puppy pens not suitable for children. Argos have a great deal on a baby start pen which is very similar to the baby dan one it is €67.49 so half the price of babydan
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1574690/Trail/searchtext%3EBABYSTART.htm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hmmm... I seem to remember that you *made* me go to Homestore & More last year where I spent far too much money, and now I know I won't be able to resist going in again... shame on you :p

While I'm here, your photo reminded me that I'm on the lookout for a young Springer for a reasonably experienced home in Dublin. If any of ye hear of one that might suit, let me know!

• Advertisement

DBB wrote: »
    Hmmm... I seem to remember that you *made* me go to Homestore & More last year where I spent far too much money, and now I know I won't be able to resist going in again... shame on you :p

HA! and you always blame me for your spending sprees :pac:

Advertisement