Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&P Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

boomerang wrote: »
    I've seen them. They are still waaaaaaay too small, even for a dwarfie. :(

Actually work there and tell customers they'd only really be OK for a temporary house while their actual home is being cleaned.

Had a lady buy one to transport her childs new pet home in... Before she bought that, she was asking me of I could poke holes in a plastic lunch box :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Thought I'd post this before I forget. Lidl have some really good offers on pet stuff on Monday 24th August. Lots of grooming products and covered litter boxes and cat carriers for 9.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Mr Price in Blanchardstown have some nice collars in that look like copies of the EzyDog ones we have. They have cheap Rogz collars and leads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

tk123 wrote: »
    Mr Price in Blanchardstown have some nice collars in that look like copies of the EzyDog ones we have. They have cheap Rogz collars and leads too.

How much are they? Any good?

There's a Mr Price here in Cavan too.

Lemlin wrote: »
    How much are they? Any good?

There's a Mr Price here in Cavan too.

They look well made have the same neoprene layer, big buckle and side clip like ours. I think they were €6 or €7? I'll check when I'm passing tomorrow.

• Advertisement

They look well made have the same neoprene layer, big buckle and side clip like ours. I think they were €6 or €7? I'll check when I'm passing tomorrow.

They're €2.99!

Cheap crate + bedding and 2 lint rollers :P from amazon

The 2 Euro shop have lovely pet beds reduced from 10 euro to 5 euro. I picked one up for Jasper, Poppy stole his fleece bed under the radiator when she arrived last year. He's been slumming it on a fleece blanket on the guest bed by the radiator, but he does love a fleece bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Not necessarily animal and pet only but definitely handy for anyone with carpets and pets. Aldi have a Vax carpet cleaner in stock today (will probably sell out fairly sharpish), it's 129.99 and comes with cleaning solution etc.
    We only have one room in the house that has carpet down and the dogs are never allowed in there and it's destroyed with dog hair coming in off our clothes and shoes so we're going to give it a whirl.
    I also know from friends and family that Aldi have a decent returns policy if you're not happy with the product and don't dick you around like other places might.

And Homestore+more have all their pet stuff half price for the month of August, check the website for all the items they have.

€129 is too rich for my blood - how about the Dirt Devil attachment from zooplus that's gotten good reviews from people on here? I'd assume you'd still have to lift the hair with the cleaner from aldi?

Also you're a month late with the news about HS&M :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

There is an army surplus store upstairs in the Outlet Centre, near the train station, in Killarney.

They do very good value in Trixie dog leads (long ones with a clip on either end) , collars and harnesses. All items regardless of size are a €5.

Worth a look if you are in the area.

• Advertisement

€129 is too rich for my blood - how about the Dirt Devil attachment from zooplus that's gotten good reviews from people on here? I'd assume you'd still have to lift the hair with the cleaner from aldi?

Also you're a month late with the news about HS&M :pac:

That's not a carpet cleaner though.

Not really news, just reminding anyone who may have forgotten about homestore+more as it is still valid for another 10 days.

That's not a carpet cleaner though.

True but you said your carpets were destroyed with dog hair - a carpet cleaner is for washing carpets not lifting dog hair off them.

True but you said your carpets were destroyed with dog hair - a carpet cleaner is for washing carpets not lifting dog hair off them.

Thanks for that.

I obviously meant dirt as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh I totally forgot about homestore! Must try to get over. Could do with some smelly candles and stuff.

I passed it earlier but I was strong and didn't go in! :p

Have a morning planned tomorrow around The euroshop, for the beds as mentioned by pumpkinseeds, HS&M for candles and toys and Dealz because it's just gonna be one of those days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I've recently started using zooplus for my dog's food. His food is quite expensive as it is a prescription diet so I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any coupon codes going around? I use the Irish site as it works out around the same with the conversion rate. Thanks! :)

Also, to the person who said they saw beds in the €2 shop (sorry I can't multi quote on my phone), do they have any large ones? I have a large golden retriever so he would need a very big one especially when he stretches out :P thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I've recently started using zooplus for my dog's food. His food is quite expensive as it is a prescription diet so I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any coupon codes going around? I use the Irish site as it works out around the same with the conversion rate. Thanks! :)

Also, to the person who said they saw beds in the €2 shop (sorry I can't multi quote on my phone), do they have any large ones? I have a large golden retriever so he would need a very big one especially when he stretches out :P thanks :)

I also have one of these! I can never find a bed big enough in €2 shops, but, homestore and more still have half price animal stuff. I got two really nice memory foam beds for €30. They're really good quality and he can stretch out on them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I also have one of these! I can never find a bed big enough in €2 shops, but, homestore and more still have half price animal stuff. I got two really nice memory foam beds for €30. They're really good quality and he can stretch out on them :)

Thanks. He has never really had a bed as we got him from the animal shelter and any bed he has had he has torn to bits. Although now I would actually show him that it's for lying on :P he doesn't really take much notice of blankets or toys and is fine on the carpets but I think I'd like to get him something :)

I have Bailey's bed since his 1st birthday(!) I was going to get him a new one in HS but he looks so comfy so I haven't bothered. He's like the princess in the pea with a big cushion in it and layers of vet bed lol! :p

• Advertisement

I went into hs&m to but all of the beds looked waaaay too posh for my boys. They'd have them mucky within an hour and destroyed within 2 days.

They did however get at least ten minutes out of squeaky toys and my house smells nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I bought a fantastic waterproof bed from Connacht Gold in Sligo last October or November, it was half price, and has managed to survive the huskies all this time. That is until Twitch arrived, 9 month old foster pup, bed is now ripped and the stuffing keeps appearing :( Pawprints bed, make by Cheeko I think, and definitely the best bed I've ever bought - going to stick with vet bedding from now on though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Don't forget the pet stuff in Lidl tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

boomerang wrote: »
    Don't forget the pet stuff in Lidl tomorrow.

Thank you, I hope they have a decent covered litter tray :)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Whispered wrote: »
    I went into hs&m to but all of the beds looked waaaay too posh for my boys. They'd have them mucky within an hour and destroyed within 2 days.

They did however get at least ten minutes out of squeaky toys and my house smells nice :D

I got my dog beds in the fabric store in Nutgrove (they were originally beside Burger King, then moved to the shop next to the phone gadget store - opposite o2) for only €10 each....and they are water proof.

My advice is get ones that you can remove the cover! Ive thrown out a few dog beds at this stage because they are too dirty to clean by hand and they don't fit into the washing machine...so I always try get one whereI can remove the cover.

I was in HS blanch yesterday - a fair bit of pet stuff left (as well as candles I didnt see last time).. They've further reductions on some of the pet stuff so still worth a look if you haven't been in yet. Going back in today to get another one of these for tidying up all the junk on top of the crate lol!! :D

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/ottomans+bean-bags/2-in-1-seat-and-storage-ottoman-red-ladybird/invt/057714

Sorry I'm only seeing this post now. They did have very big ones that would suit a golden retriever. They seemed to have a very good mix of styles.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Going back in today to get another one of these for tidying up all the junk on top of the crate lol!! :D

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/ottomans+bean-bags/2-in-1-seat-and-storage-ottoman-red-ladybird/invt/057714

Lol, I got one of these a few weeks ago for just that purpose, except mine's a frog!
    Very handy it is too :)

DBB wrote: »
    Lol, I got one of these a few weeks ago for just that purpose, except mine's a frog!
    Very handy it is too :)

Yeah I may get the froggy today so I can colour code what's in them! :pac:

• Advertisement

Ok I know I posted about this before but Mr Price in Blanch have gotten in more Rogz collars- starting at 4.99 with the largest ones going up to 6.99. The same collars in the new MaxiZoo across the road in the retail park start at 8.99!!!!

Advertisement