Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&P Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Aaaaaah look at the lovely dog hugging the kitten on the memory foam bed!!

Look like a bully to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Out to HS&M - the dog cot was a little smaller than I was expecting but perfect for the puppy, got a plastic bed for her too (so we don't step on her), 2 mats for under/in front of their bowels to catch dribbles oh and a rope toy as well lol!! I felt bad when I got home for not buying 2 toys because Lucyfer robbed it off Bailey lol! :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I got a pair of the memory foam beds for my GSD, as she is always flopping out of her nest bed, and I thought it'd be nice to give her the option of spreading herself out without any uncomfortable lumps and bumps.
    She seems to approve, she is at this moment occupying every corner of the bed :D
    Fantastic value at €15 each.
    I picked up some collar and lead sets for 99c each, just for rescue dogs that come in who need them. And a couple of squeaky soft toys: GSD is still tenderly carrying hers around, whilst Spaniel X inihilated hers in moments :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I went up again yesterday and got the large chaise bed (Benson loves an aul neck rest) and the large puppy pen (just for the visiting smallies) and a car seat cover (not that I even have a car at the moment:p).

My foster girls haven't got out of the bed that I got for them the other day. Somehow I think they weren't used to creature comforts before.

VmJVHejl.jpg

^^^^^
    Oh lord.
    Cuteness overload!
    :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

DBB wrote: »
    I got a pair of the memory foam beds for my GSD,

Was this in HS&M? Just wondering, if I was to go get them would I be as well off getting 2 for Harley, are they small?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

DBB wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    Oh lord.
    Cuteness overload!
    :o

They are heartbreakers, the cutest of the cute, and a pair of little characters. Hoovers for food, they do a little dance when I take the collars off when feeding and a lap of the kitchen afterwards to celebrate their freedom. They groom each other so the collars are on more than I'd like as they can't be trusted not to lick each others stitches even though they seem to show no interest in their own.

Whispered wrote: »
    Was this in HS&M? Just wondering, if I was to go get them would I be as well off getting 2 for Harley, are they small?

Yes, HS&M.
    No, they're not small at all! My GSD is a big one, 41kg, and there's ample room for her on it.
    They are a little thin though, I bought two so I could put one in the car for her, but have the two of them one on top of the other for in the house to give her extra comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

And don't forget to fill out the form at the checkout (for email/phone alerts - give false ones if you don't really want to get them) and the price is cut in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

48 packs of whiskas steamed wet cat food for 16.99 in petmania! Finally on offer on the food my cats love :D

• Advertisement

Raw/fresh feeders: whole chickens are half price in Tesco up until Tuesday, excellent value!

Zooplus.co.uk - buy a 2kg bag of Barking Heads and get one free.
    http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/barking_heads/379525?unique=HTML141

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Aldi have these great little led bicycle lights st the moment:

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-26th-september/products-detail-page/ps/p/micro-led-bicycle-light-set/

They make the perfect collar/harness lights for dogs. I attached one to Jess's harness for our walk tonight and it gives off just enough light to be seen but not so much that it's annoying. Best of all, the light is directed downwards instead of forwards, which makes it easy to pick up packages in the dark if you don't have a torch. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

HANDY!

(for a minute, I was thinking: what packages would she be picking up in the dark?!?!?!? :D:D bit slow this evening!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If anybody knows of any vouchers/deals available for Royal Canin at the moment it would be much appreciated

scudzilla wrote: »
    If anybody knows of any vouchers/deals available for Royal Canin at the moment it would be much appreciated

Not sure if this will work (I don't feed RC so didn't try it) but when I registered my pup's chip on fido.ie there was a link for a free bag of RC - http://offer.royalcanin.co.uk/fido/freebag2/en/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

maxi zoo have a sale coming up - think its from the 4-6th Oct

http://www.maxizoo.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/36458-MZ-16P-OCT-COMPLETE-final.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I see they have reflective harnesses and bandanas. Defo need something like that. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

Anyone in the area of Drogheda and needs their dogs groomed.

Drogheda Institute of Further Education's Animal Care Course are looking for dogs to be groomed and pampered. If you have a dog we would be interested in hearing from you. We are looking for all sizes and all breeds. Free of charge but a donation acceptable. Please email <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Viovet Uk have 6 of the Feliway refills for 87 pounds down from 125 pounds. They sell the individual refills for 14 pounds, a lot cheaper than anywhere in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

Petmania are doing half price dog grooming for October if you book your dog in before this Sunday:D http://www.petmania.ie/utilities/grooming/booking-enquiries
    I have my GSD booked in to be groomed for €30;) Bargain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Kukey wrote: »
    Petmania are doing half price dog grooming for October if you book your dog in before this Sunday:D http://www.petmania.ie/utilities/grooming/booking-enquiries
    I have my GSD booked in to be groomed for €30;) Bargain!!

I was going to book my dog in but none of the groomers are qualified to do the job so I cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Bought a few of the hi-vis items in MaxiZoo today, great price, the sale is still on tomorrow if anyone needs anything for the evening walks in the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

toadfly wrote: »
    I was going to book my dog in but none of the groomers are qualified to do the job so I cancelled.

What qualifications should I look for when I'm getting mine groomed? And what places have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

zooplus have 2kg free with 10kg of Royal Canin cat food

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/dry_cat_food/royal_canin/209938

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Maxi zoo have €6 off 1.5-2kg bags of cat food, all types.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

toadfly wrote: »

I don't know what type of dog you have but they are all qualified groomers.I doubt Petmania would hire anyone who wasn't qualified!
    I don't use them all the time as I do go to another place,but my dog who is a long haired,thick coated GSD has been groomed by them a few times.
    They have always done a great job on her coat and I have never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Free Dog Dental Checkup Nationwide in November (sponsored by Pedigree Ireland)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

http://www.dogfooddirect.ie/modules/shop/products/petmode-cat-carrier/

Cat carrier €5 & free shipping.. Couldn't resist!

Advertisement