Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

From their website -

QUESTION - Can I cancel my order?
    ANSWER

We will try our best to cancel your order however please be aware that we can only cancel if the order has not progressed passed our picking stage. This is usually one hour after the order has been placed. To cancel please contact our customer service team by cancel@sportsdirect.com and you'll receive an email to confirm once this has been done for you. You can either cancel your entire order, or individual items. For additional information about cancelling your order check out our Terms and Conditions.

Yours hasn't passed the picking stage has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BargainSlayer

irish son wrote: »
    Thanks but I think its to late, I ordered it yesterday, I think it says it has to be within an hour of original order :(

Cancel it anyway ! They will send the order more than one month from now... they didn't move a finger to pack your order yet. Call them up and tell them you want to cancel and then reorder without the pre-ordered item. If not tell them you will return all the items and never order again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Cancel it anyway ! They will send the order more than one month from now... they didn't move a finger to pack your order yet. Call them up and tell them you want to cancel and then reorder without the pre-ordered item. If not tell them you will return all the items and never order again.

From order to delivery is 3 to 4 days usually, don't know where you are getting your month from.Their C/S maybe non existant but their delivery is very efficent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

NATLOR wrote: »
    From order to delivery is 3 to 4 days usually, don't know where you are getting your month from.Their C/S maybe non existant but their delivery is very efficent

It will take a month because one of the items is a pre order item.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Casey78 wrote: »
    It will take a month because one of the items is a pre order item.

My bad :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone know how to track a Sportdirect order?
    I remember using DHL before but the order number isn't working in DHL tracking this time. Any other couriers I should try?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to track a Sportdirect order?
    I remember using DHL before but the order number isn't working in DHL tracking this time. Any other couriers I should try?

i have placed an order a few days ago go into your order history and it will give you an option of actions in blue at the right hand side, click trackorder thereand it took me into dhl tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

The order I received from them a couple of weeks ago was delivered with DHL. This was the tracking link used if it's any use to you to try the number again: http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/tracking.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah cheers guys, I was using the wrong number! :D

The order I made on Saturday is waiting for me at my local parcel motel... I'm like a kid on christmas morning anytime I get a sports direct delivery...:)
    I'm 36..:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

The order I made on Saturday is waiting for me at my local parcel motel... I'm like a kid on christmas morning anytime I get a sports direct delivery...:)
    I'm 36..:o

That was fast I ordered Sunday and my order is saying awaiting courier delivery. Other half waiting on runners think they will never come :)

deisediva wrote: »
    That was fast I ordered Sunday and my order is saying awaiting courier delivery. Other half waiting on runners think they will never come :)

Is that on the DHL site or on the sports direct site? Because it still says awaiting courier delivery on the sports direct site for my order! Got a text from parcel motel though to say more order is ready for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is that on the DHL site or on the sports direct site? Because it still says awaiting courier delivery on the sports direct site for my order! Got a text from parcel motel though to say more order is ready for collection.

Delivery notices on SD can be all over the place.
    I got a delivered to courier notice once two hours before the guy was knocking on the door.

On Sports Direct site so maybe mine is on the way .

deisediva wrote: »

I ordered Sat pm and arrived today
    kneemos wrote: »
    Delivery notices on SD can be all over the place.
    I got a delivered to courier notice once two hours before the guy was knocking on the door.

They most certainly can, at least you got notice, I was awaiting the usual tracking number and lo behold the DHL arrives today - never got the tracking number !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Thanks for the replies, after getting an automated response I emailed under another section that they couldn't have automated and stated my problem and they got back to me and cancelled the pre-ordered item so my order should be despatched soon, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Folks, you need to use the IE site that Davy linked to use the IRE20 code. ~It does not work on the uk site

EDIT: I also just got the option of a £10 rebate upon checkout

that £10 rebate is to trick you into signing up for a subscription service. But you can cancel before the trial ends so dont forget.

Terms and Conditions of Great British Discounts which includes a nominal charge of £1.95, and understand that after the 30 day trial period a monthly fee of £14.95 applies, but that I can cancel anytime during the trial period without any further charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

IRE20 for 20% off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

that £10 rebate is to trick you into signing up for a subscription service. But you can cancel before the trial ends so dont forget.

Terms and Conditions of Great British Discounts which includes a nominal charge of £1.95, and understand that after the 30 day trial period a monthly fee of £14.95 applies, but that I can cancel anytime during the trial period without any further charge.

I just came back to add exactly what you have posted. It is a complete con, you even have to apply for any rebates by mail! I would strongly advise everyone to avoid!

MoodeRator wrote: »
    I just came back to add exactly what you have posted. It is a complete con, you even have to apply for any rebates by mail! I would strongly advise everyone to avoid!

+1, avoid, what a swizz, and to the untrained eye........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

frash wrote: »
    IRE20 for 20% off

Cant find the 'Apply coupon' box on the site..am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nutzfahrzeuge

You can enter the voucher just before you choose the payment method

Think the options go - Paypal - Card - Voucher or coupon - apply voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Was checking something last night, was about €22, forgot to order it, went to order it this morning and its down again to €14.

Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Was checking something last night, was about €22, forgot to order it, went to order it this morning and its down again to €14.

Happy days :D

Thanks for that...just hopped over and seen my basket value has gone down, added a few more things...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

My biggest problem about the new site is that there are no reviews of any of the items so I queried their customer services about getting the reviews from the UK site linked up with the Irish site...this is the reply I got :

Thank you for your email.

This is a new website and stands alone from the UK site.

At the moment there are no plans to transfer this information over but reviews are constantly being left on the website.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Kind regards,
    Chris
    Customer Services

Brilliant...so no way of getting to look at reviews unless I check the UK site by using a vpn or a proxy.
    They really value their customers don't they?

My order arrived today delighted that it came so fast was expecting delays when the 20% off was on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Will Sports Direct have any black Friday codes or best to go with IRE20?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BargainSlayer

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Will Sports Direct have any black Friday codes or best to go with IRE20?

20% off is pretty rare on sportsdirect .... and i don't think there will be any Black Friday offers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

20% off is pretty rare on sportsdirect .... and i don't think there will be any Black Friday offers

Cheers, put in an order there for trainers and tops for the young lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭Soarer

Got an email mentioning the 20%, but also you get a €12 voucher for every €60 spent. But then there's an asterix and " terms and conditions apply", but can't find anything.
    Anyone know how it'll work?

Advertisement