Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Anyone know if asics sizes on site are the uk sizing or us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

deisediva wrote: »

Give Sportsshoes a look if you're looking for Asics.
    Think I got a good deal there on a pair recently.

Thanks getting 2 pairs on Sports Direct for price of 1 pair locally so not too bad last seasons but what harm saving a fortune .
    Will take a look at the site now thanks.
    Kids asics on Sports Direct say us1 rather than just 1 so assuming that the adults are actual Uk sizes when they do not state Us

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ive gone through the order process on ie site but im not seeing the option to add the discount code. Where should it be can anybody tell me? According to their own help page its on the shipping page, but its not showing for me.

Its on the pay where you select payment there is visa option then pay pal then gift voucher and the very last on add voucher code is where you put it in tried to add pic of page but I can't seem to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Cheers, €34 'saved'

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I hope it's UK sizing as I ordered a pair of gt1000 and a pair of gt2000 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Run For Joy

Casey78 wrote: »
    I hope it's UK sizing as I ordered a pair of gt1000 and a pair of gt2000 last night.

They should be uk size, i must do my christmas shooping next week.... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

They should be uk size, i must do my christmas shooping next week.... :-)

I bought GT2000 a couple weeks ago. European size 39 (5 1/2) which was same as on my previous Asics label. The US size quoted on label was different though, says 7 1/2 on new pair, 6 on old. Didn't check out as to what or why the difference is there. The 39 was what I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Davy wrote: »

Folks, you need to use the IE site that Davy linked to use the IRE20 code. ~It does not work on the uk site

EDIT: I also just got the option of a £10 rebate upon checkout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Speaking of the UK site, anyone know how to view that version of the site. Anytime I get on sportsdirect I'm automatically directed to irish version (.ie) but all the reviews are only on uk version. Find it good for sizing information etc. Tried numerous ways to get on, google uk etc, but still didn't make a difference. Very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Speaking of the UK site, anyone know how to view that version of the site. Anytime I get on sportsdirect I'm automatically directed to irish version (.ie) but all the reviews are only on uk version. Find it good for sizing information etc. Tried numerous ways to get on, google uk etc, but still didn't make a difference. Very frustrating

use a proxy changer such as zenmate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I tried this yesterday as i don't like the Irish version and I wanted to send stuff to my mum in england.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just placed an order and the code worked. Damn you BA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Are ye all getting charged 5.99e for shipping?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Are ye all getting charged 5.99e for shipping?

I got charged 1euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I have already bought something which I don't need from Amazon this morning and I have €80 worth stuff in my Basket now. Damn BA and my boss for paying us early... :D

ps: my basket is saying spend another 40 something to qualify for free shipping...I guess it's the usual free shipping if its over £100.00

I spent over €100 and only charged a euro put order in quick last night in case code was pulled would have liked a few more bits but hate paying 5.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I spent over €100 and only charged a euro put order in quick last night in case code was pulled would have liked a few more bits but hate paying 5.99

Euro is not too bad...I know paying 5.99 hurts so much:mad:, you can get a set of "insert anything" for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

i paid 1 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I tried this yesterday as i don't like the Irish version and I wanted to send stuff to my mum in england.

It used to be an option to choose what site you want to visit (IE, UK or other), not anymore. Yet another useless improvement they made. facepalm.gif

I'd contact them regarding this:

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/CustomerServices/TechnicalIssues/OtherIssues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Anyone else find that the selection of products on SD just isn't what it used to be. I have been getting trainers for my son the last year of so from SD as he has big feet for his age (heading into size 6 at 10 years of age!). He is not into branded clothes yet (thank God) but I found that cheap runners (eg dunnes etc) were lasting no length, falling apart. I have been getting addidas, kappa etc, branded runners for him and they are lasting so much better. Logged on last night and such a poor selection. Was hoping to avail of the 20% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Casey78 wrote: »
    I got charged 1euro.

+1 and I spent over a tonne

What piddles me off about sportsdirect is that it will allow you place an order and if it so happens that they dont have some of it in stock they send you an email to say they've cancelled that part of the order - instead of it have "out of stock" on their website at point of purchase - at least then you can look at other items as replacements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I wonder if anyone here can help me if they had a similar problem. So I made an order and included an item tha'ts on pre-order for Dec 29th so now my whole order is delayed until then and I actually don't even want that item. I went on the the site and wrote my query in the right place but its just a automatic no changes to orders even though they pretend its a person. Anyway my question is has anyone here manage to ever change there order or even got to talk to an actual human?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BargainSlayer

irish son wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone here can help me if they had a similar problem. So I made an order and included an item tha'ts on pre-order for Dec 29th so now my whole order is delayed until then and I actually don't even want that item. I went on the the site and wrote my query in the right place but its just a automatic no changes to orders even though they pretend its a person. Anyway my question is has anyone here manage to ever change there order or even got to talk to an actual human?

My advice is to cancel the order and order again. I had many problems with SD and the support team... let's just called them a team of poorly trained monkeys.... will reply only in automated messages on anything you ask.
    So cancel dat order and order the **** again. Good luck !

irish son wrote: »

This is where sportdirect are an ABSOLUTE SHAM, they dont do customer services.

My advice is to cancel the order and order again. I had many problems with SD and the support team... let's just called them a team of poorly trained monkeys.... will reply only in automated messages on anything you ask.
    So cancel dat order and order the **** again. Good luck !

Thanks but I think its to late, I ordered it yesterday, I think it says it has to be within an hour of original order :(

vicwatson wrote: »
    This is where sportdirect are an ABSOLUTE SHAM, they dont do customer services.

Yeah its terrible service but I knew that going in. I'm not even convinced I ordered that item, I ordered the similar, cheaper, available now item or at least I think I did :confused:

• Advertisement

00 44 845 129 9230

Ring it and cancel the order, this hour thing is balloney

Advertisement