Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

MintyDoris wrote: »
    Well, it's been a while year since we all found out we were pregnant. How is everyone getting on?
    Great! Baby turned 4 months yesterday, I can't believe it!
    How're you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

I know, I still can't believe she's here!

Getting on great now. The last few weeks have been getting easier with sleep. I can really see the little personality shining through.

I got mastitis twice and ended up back in hospital with it but we are still ebf :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Hello ladies, I found out a year ago today that I was pregnant, can't believe how much has changed since then!
    All is going very well with my little lady, have a nice little routine going now, with the odd hiccup (i.e. yesterday, whingey Monday!).

We have moany ass Monday in our house.

We have a vague routine which is fine for the moment but the thoughts if going back to work are creeping in now and I can't take it. I need to find a way to earn from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi ladies,

i'm back to work in 2.5 weeks. i'm sooooo dreading the thoughts of it.

On the other hand i'm blessed with such a good little boy, he has slept through the night since he was about two weeks old.

Any one else experiencing hair loss?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Excited, yes on the hair loss. Over the past 3 weeks or so. Didn't notice it getting thicker but I'm noticing it getting thinner alright! Nothing too drastic but not nice to see it all coming out in the shower.

Yes Excited. I have 2 bald spots at my temples. I've been assured they aren't permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Hey Girls,

Good to see this thread again. Strange to think it has been a year since we found out. I must read back on some of my posts. My lo is doing well thriving and teething at the moment. Thankfully i havent had the hair loss yet i had alot of bald patches on my first but dont worry girls it does grow back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi ladies.
    Went back to work Monday. Kitt went into hospital Wednesday night. He has bronchiolitis. Big brother and daddy sick too so on my own.
    My hair fell out a little, but I have more gray hair now.

Fran79 wrote: »
    Hi ladies.
    Went back to work Monday. Kitt went into hospital Wednesday night. He has bronchiolitis. Big brother and daddy sick too so on my own.
    My hair fell out a little, but I have more gray hair now.
    Oh Fran, hope all is better soon

• Advertisement

Has anyone introduced solids yet?

I've noticed the hair loss around my temples too, seems to strands of my hair everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Hey all, Max is 7 months old next Monday.. hehehe - technically 4. Can't believe how much life has changed since I found out I was pregnant Friday, last year. New home, new baby and new job (come next Monday). I have been dreading the idea of going back to work but I've sort of resigned myself to the notion of it now. Max is having a couple of hours in with the child minder tomorrow. Just to see if it will be a good fit. His daddy doesn't start back to college until the beginning of March, so plenty of time to settle in to the new routine.

I haven't started on solids yet because Mas is getting expressed breast milk so another 2 months two months to go for us. I was hoping to try baby led weaning. Anyone else thinking of this as an option?

Emma, great to hear how well yourself and Max are doing. There is a great thread regarding BLW somewhere in the Newborn section. It sounds like something we will look into further

Anyone else back to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

delighted to see the thread resurrected too! Hi Everyone! Emma, I'm thinking of blw too. I've the book on it and it seems to make so much sense!

Minty - excellent work on the EBF esp with the mastitis!

Fran- hope health is restored to your home soon.

Emer- didn't that year fly! Our lives are totally different now!

Excited- still off for another while - best of luck on going back, I'm sure the first day will be tough but it'll get better/ easier - so I'm told.

Hope I've said hi to everyone. We are great, little man just turned the 5 mths hes a buster of a baby - EBF and bedsharing with mamma and dadda - as we've named ourselves!- never thought I'd be saying any part of that sentence a year ago! At the moment hes in his entertainer beside me making such a racket!!!!

I went back to work on Monday,and the thoughts of going back was actually worse than been back. My mother in-law is minding the baby so i'm lucky that i don't have to pay for a creche/child-minder.

What kind of routine is all other baby's in?

Little man 24 weeks tomorrow!!

Hi all

Kitt got Pnumonia whilst in hospital so I was there for 2 weeks in total! He is home and much better now - still has a cough and we are waiting for a follow up appt for a chest xray outpatients visit.

At one point there were 5 members of my family in hospital! Its 3 at present, but it looks like my Grandmother will die in the next few days so all a bit stressfull here.

Me taking 2 weeks off after just starting back at work went down like a lead balloon too - the fact that I will probably have to take 2 days off for the funeral (in UK) is not fun either.

Just really tired as well.

Hope everyone if fairing better.

Kitt is loving solids, I cant get it into him quick enough! Pureed veggies are his fav at the moment.

Jees fran, a lot of stress there, sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Poor baby is teething like crazy, he cut a tooth last week and it looks like another is on the way

Hi,
    Well Kitt went back into hospital late Sunday night, with bronchiolitis again. My grandmother passed away Monday evening.
    Pretty fed up with 2013 at this point!

Hope everyone else is well.

Fran, sorry for your loss

Poor Kitt too

Mind yourself

• Advertisement

Phew, I can't believe I've made it through five months of exclusively pumping! Still have a few months left!

Thinking of starting Fényx on solids real soon, that shall be fun no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Sorry for your loss Fran. I hope Kitt will be home safe and well soon.
    You must be exhausted.
    I started my one on solids a couple of weeks ago Ericaa as she is formula fed so far she isnt doing too bad.

elaney wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss Fran. I hope Kitt will be home safe and well soon.
    You must be exhausted.
    I started my one on solids a couple of weeks ago Ericaa as she is formula fed so far she isnt doing too bad.

Awww awesome! I still can't imagine feeding him actual food, haha, in my head it seems like he'll have milk forever :P

One year ago today, I can't believe it!
    Hope you're all well :)

All good here, that year went awfully fast in some ways and slow in others! :D

Well the year is getting better.....

Kitt went into hospital for a third time for a couple of days.

He has had antibiotics so many times this year I have lost count. He has a hospital apt on Friday - been waiting since May!
    Hopefully they will put him on steroids and that will help loads (I'm asthmatic and he is huge for his age so the benefits would outweigh the negatives there)

Everything else is still quite stressful. Not speaking to my dad as he way of helping was to try and take me back to UK. Hubbie and me nearly split up a few times. Ended up quitting my job as I was signed off with stress and depression and my boss (childless) just didn't understand why I had to be in hospital with sick baby!! (like the nursing staff have time to change and feed him!)

Ohhh sorry for the vent - went on a bit there!

His birthday was a quiet event as he was getting over another infection. But he took his first unaided steps the day after and now walks around the house getting into mischief no bother!

Really hope 2014 is better - couldn't do another 2013 like this.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok - enjoying the 1st year and looking forward to the next

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Sorry you are having a rough time at the moment, Fran79. Definitely hoping the next 12 months brings you lots of joy :) My family have been through a tough time also so I too am hoping that things will improve from here on in.

Max is doing great - we celebrated his corrected age birthday last tuesday. Yup, thats right, max had 2 birthdays this year... hehe. He better not get used to it though. He is doing great, still a little on the small side but you could expect that with a baby born at 28 weeks. He is cruising round the furniture now and is babbling away to his hearts content. He is such a funny, happy little boy. I am so blessed to have him.

Last weekend he learned how to drink from a straw. Its amazing the little things that will make your heart burst with pride.

Oh fran my heart goes out to you x please be kind to yourself I hope that you are getting lots of support xox. Great to hear that max is doing well Emma, he's well ahead causing and drinking from a straw!

Our little guy is great - busy out, took his first steps at 9.5mths and has been running since. Plenty of bruises etc. I've aged about 20 years. I'm back at work parttime, still breastfeeding and bedsharing.

Find that body wise I'm only coming right now. In terms of mentally i don't think I'll ever be the same again, I can't bear the amount of hurt and pain thats in the world, before I didn't notice, motherhood is permanent I guess ;)

Find that body wise I'm only coming right now. In terms of mentally i don't think I'll ever be the same again, I can't bear the amount of hurt and pain thats in the world, before I didn't notice, motherhood is permanent I guess ;)

I noticed this as well - you put it so well.

• Advertisement

First birthday here today! I can't believe I've a one year old

Still breastfeeding and bed sharing too and finding it brilliant. She's such a happy funny little soul. Going back to work was horrendous and broke my heart forever but I do cherish the time with her more when I do have it

This time last year we didn't know what we were in for :)

Its lovely to hear from you all again.

Advertisement