Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Brought baby Jack home today and he is doing amazing. Drinking 75mls every four hours, sleeping all in between. Not a whinger at all which is fab. He's a great little man :-) Me and his daddy are amazed by him. Such a wonderful feeling guys. Things change so much when they come along. Great experience.

Now if this section wound would just disappear I'd be ecstatic :-) haha.

How do I put up a pic for u guys?

X

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Inish and Supa, sounds amazing. Well done to you both :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

ExcitedFTM: 30th August BOY - born 7th September
    Taxus baccata: 6th Sept
    Dollyb: 11th Sept
    sunshine 2000: 12th sept Girl (Ruby) - born 14th September
    Trishka: 15th September
    jeeney: 17th Sept
    Emer_b: 21st sept
    emmabrighton: 24th sept - boy (Max) - born 4th July
    Ericaa: 24th Sept
    Squiggler: 24th sept - boy (Leon) - born 16th September
    MintyDoris: 26th Sept
    elaney: 28th sept
    Inishowen Lady: 28th Sept - Boy (Luke) - born 8th September
    Supadupa: 29th Sept - Boy (Jack) - born 11th September

Queen of sheebs: 29th sept
    fran79: 30th sept
    Vel: 30th Sept

Congrats Supa and Sunshine! Delighted for you both. We September mammies are doing well for boys, at least Sunshine bucked the trend :D

The GTT test on Thursday came back slightly high so they asked me to go back in. They were pretty certain that it was being caused by the hormones and had only come on in the last week or so but they wanted me to stay in - to manage it with insulin and also to make sure baby was monitored closely.

Friday (after a night of NO sleep for me) we decided it was probably a good idea to look at induction. I couldn't have taken staying in there a week and a half or more. Also, because baby had so much room to move we wanted to act while he was still cephalic.

Two administrations of gel on Friday, got the sign off for induction Saturday morning, after waiting all day for a bed finally taken to labour suite and things were started off about 9pm when they broke my waters and put me on a syntocin drip. I went without pain relief initially, then gas and air for a while, but it made me sick and I was getting very tired so I opted for an epidural which meant they could turn up the drip further. At 2.58am this morning our lovely little man was born. Not the birth I wanted, but it was quick at least. My chart says that Stage 2 lasted 2 seconds :D I'd been feeling massive pressure for a while and the urge to push. Suddenly my body was pushing all by itself (with help from Leon who was pushing against the top of my uterus with his feet) and just as they said they'd examine me to see how far I was I said "baby is coming", head emerged about when I finished the sentence and the rest of him followed with the next contraction - with his daddy and three midwives just watching him emerge. No stitches, skin to skin, and breastfeeding straight away, and up walking around straight away.

He is absolutely perfect, a lovely happy, healthy little guy. Full of smiles, doesn't cry much, figured out breastfeeding pretty quickly and because all went so well with the labour, and both of us we're already home with Daddy!

53 cm long and 8lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Oh my god, congratulations Squiggler! That's so awesome to hear everything went well, even though it wasn't as you had planned!

Ah delighted for you Squiggler!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Yeah brilliant news Squiggler! so happy for you and your Oh :D. Welcome to
    the world baby Leon it must be great to be home already. Look after yourself.

Supa and Inish sounds like ye are settling great. Hopefully the night terrors will ease off soon Inish.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Just realised that all my due date buddies have gone already :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

Congratulations Squiggler. the Septemer boys seem to be in a rush to get out ahead of their due dates.

Congrats squiggler. Great that ye got home so fastwith baby Leon. Love the name. Loving all the September baby names. Nice and short and strong.

First night home with baby Jack was fine but freaked a bit about temperature of the room. I find it cold but avent baby room thermomoter was saying 20 degrees. Ended up sleeping in the sitting room with him as we haven't got our oil heating yet. How are ye all finding regulating temperature?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Oh my god big congrats Squiggler!! I can't believe your baby is here already. Well done to you and Leon is a beautiful name. Def a trend of boys for September! Delighted all went relatively well (even though not the birth you had planned) and ye are home already. How amazing is that. Great you have no stitches anything - well done you!

Inishowen and Supa - great to hear how well ye are doing too. Definitely helps the rest of us yet to go hearing all the good reports! I'm starting my fourth week on maternity now and still waiting! How are the rest of ye getting on still waiting to go? Anyone getting restless?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Big congrats Squiggler. Love the name. It was top of our list if we had been having another boy!

Rang the hospital just there and my results show no signs of a kidney infection, so no labour inducing antibiotics for me. Never have I been so gutted not to have a kidney infection :D

I'm really feeling the cabin fever creeping in. I think I have started to monitor every twinge and pain way too early in the hope that something is happening, so feel quite on edge and constantly disappointed that nothing is happening, even though its just under 2 weeks to my due date still. I tried to get the doctor to give me the odds on my chances of going over given that I was early on my previous two but she wouldn't say as she didn't want to get my hopes up, or otherwise.

I really think I'm going to be last bump standing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

That's funny Vel, I have nearly a week to go and was thinking yesterday that I'll be on here announcing my baby's arrival and there'll be nobody left!!
    Nothing stirring with me but a lot of pelvic pressure and the rib pain is getting ridiculous, thought it would ease off as baby dropped.
    Congrats to all the new mammies (and dads), it's brilliant and encouraging to hear that everyone is doing so well.

Thanks girls, we're doing really well. Leon met his US grandparents last night via Skype - they came on hoping we were going to tell them that I was pregnant so were VERY surprised to see a fully cooked little guy!

I hope that the rest of you are all doing well and that all the other babies arrive soon and well!

Edited to add

Any news of taxus, induced yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi everyone!!

Big congratulations to all the new mummys! (and daddys)

Getting jealous now!!
    Although I have a lot more energy today which is a bit ominous - first time round the 2 days before I popped I was doing loads!

I predicted I would go on the 18th (had a little just for fun bet on my facebook page with a few friends) so we will see what tomorrow brings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Squiggler, I'm delighted to hear that your baby is here :D

Congratulations :D Did you not tell the grandparents that you were pregnant at all?!

Thanks January. My husband's parents and family live in the US, we decided not to tell them so they wouldn't be worrying after what happened last time, it was such a nice surprise for them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Squiggler wrote: »
    Thanks January. My husband's parents and family live in the US, we decided not to tell them so they wouldn't be worrying after what happened last time, it was such a nice surprise for them :D

wow that must have been an amazing surprise for them!

Wow Squiggler they must have got a shock.:)

I am exhausted, my little man has a virus he had a very high temp
    yesterday and was awake most of last night. Thank God he ok so far today but it now looks like my Oh is getting the flu. If it doesn't rain it pours.
    I have a docs appointment today hopefully it will be the last.

Im the same Jeeney in getting restless have alot of annoying pains
    but nothing happening at least yesterday was your due date.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Thanks elaney. Ya those pains are getting kind of annoying at this stage. Loads of period-type pain and quite strong braxton hicks last night. Thought something might be stirring, but no joy! This has been going on for the last week and half at night time, on and off. I've read that it's prelabour signs, so I'm bloody hoping they'll turn soon to the real thing!

I wonder does taxus, trishka or dollyb have any news yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Had a sweep this morning. I'm 38+3. Have a lot of pain in my vagina and groin. is this normal??

• Advertisement

Ya Queen of sheebs that was normal for me i had alot of pain as well
    Did you lose the plug?

Ya lost it last night. had a bloody show too. ...at least i think that's what is was! Had mild contractions last night but seem to have settled again.

Hopefully this is the start of it Queen of Sheebs. The cramping stopped for me too but i was induced the next day so hopefully you won't have too long to wait.

Still nothing!!! Have been uncomfortable since Tue but still no baby!

Still nothing!!! Have been uncomfortable since Tue but still no baby!

How annoying for you Queen of sheebs!!

I'm feeling pretty fed up at this stage too and I'm not at my due date yet (although I had had no 1 by this stage). I'm dreading the birth process - but equally getting fed up of being so uncomfortable and huge! Especially feeling like I need a wee every 30 mins, but actually there is hardly anything there at all!

Anyone else totally paranoid about leaving the house in case their waters break? My waters broke at night first time round a good 12 hrs before contractions started.

Sorry rant over!

I wear a regular pad every day now Fran even though my waters were broken in the hospital the last time. I have turned into a bit of a hermit i haven't gone anywhere since
    last Thursday im just too paranoid and uncomfortable. :eek:

I was so sure something was happening yesterday i was having contractions which were pretty sore all day yesterday. At one point they were coming every 7 minutes and then they just stopped. Its seriously frustrating.

Has all the rest of the ladies had there babies its gone very quiet here?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

Just checking in to see if there was any new arrivals, it's been a few days since our list was updated.

Hang on in there ladies, little ones will come when they are ready. I can only imagine how frustrating the waiting around is, and feeling so vunerable that you don't want too far from home or family just incase things start moving. I know i changed from being really independent to ridiculously clingy to my OH during my pregnancy especially in last few weeks.

Ladies hope all your babies make an appearance soon. I was lucky it was all over before I really knew it. Can't imagine how uncomfortable I would have been if I went full term. Baby is 9 days old today. Can't believe it. Can't wait for him to be a few months so he is more hardy. Feel so nervous of him at the mo cuz he is tiny.

One word of advice- Sleep as much as u all can. You'll never have the time back again. I miss my sleep so much! He is worth it though x

. I know i changed from being really independent to ridiculously clingy to my OH during my pregnancy especially in last few weeks.

That is it exactly!!

I drop my son off at school (2 mile drive from our village to next village), but hubbie picks him up.
    Getting a little worried as Father in law is going away for a week on Monday - and he was to look after son no 1 for a couple of days when I go into labour!!

There are only so many currys you can have in a week lol!!

Hubbies car also failed its NCT yesterday :( luckily nothing too serious (1 tyre border line and handbrake failed), but he has till 19th Oct to get it retested. NCT was actually due 25th Sep, but he thought he better put it in early!
    Suppose the upside of FIL going away for a week is that hubbie can put his car into the garage and use his Dads car!

Good idea about the pad elaney - may start doing that when I am out and about.

• Advertisement

I know i changed from being really independent to ridiculously clingy to my OH during my pregnancy especially in last few weeks.

This x 1000. The poor guy can't move! If I'm not practically sitting on him I am crying at him

I am getting really uncomfortable too. I had the pelvic pressure from quite early but I am getting reaklly frustrated now. Spent half the day int he hospital yesterday for my weekly check up and they want me to go and see my consultant next week. After the last 6 weeks of midwife care I told them that I have much more faith in the midwives than I do him. Last time I saw him he looked at my chart 4 times and still couldn't figure out my due date

How is everyone else doing? Havent seen Taxus around lately, hope she's doing good.

ExcitedFTM: 30th August BOY - born 7th September
    Taxus baccata: 6th Sept
    Dollyb: 11th Sept
    sunshine 2000: 12th sept Girl (Ruby) - born 14th September
    Trishka: 15th September
    jeeney: 17th Sept
    Emer_b: 21st sept
    emmabrighton: 24th sept - boy (Max) - born 4th July
    Ericaa: 24th Sept
    Squiggler: 24th sept - boy (Leon) - born 16th September
    MintyDoris: 26th Sept
    elaney: 28th sept