Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Congrats Ericaa. Welcome little no name!!

Its completely my own fault for convincing myself that I couldn't possibly go overdue based on the last two pregnancies, but even the dotor at Holles Street on Thursday was saying it would be very unusual if I did. Every day that baby is late is one less day that I have OH's help as he has to start his new job in two weeks. I'm just a bit anxious as I'm more high risk for PND from having it last time.

Sorry for moaning. I know she'll arrive when she is ready and all that matters is that she is healthy. I wouldn't mind so much if I was getting twinges or pains but apart from lots of movement from baby, there is nothing happening at all.

If its ok, I think I'll stay in this thread as opposed to moving over to the October thread as I do technically have a September baby who has decided they'd rather stay put for the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Congrats Ericaa, Welcome to your little boy. What a quick birth.
    Alot of boys born this months.:D

Hopefully your little bundle will make an appearance very soon Vel
    and it will be all over for you. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Baby Lejla arrived on the night of the 1st October!

The blood pressure forced our hand but I was only in labour for 26 minutes! No stitches, vacuum delivery and gas and air for pain relief (I LOVED that stuff) and she is a proper little boob monster. Daddy is besotted and an amazing inspiration :-)

Thanks girls for the company along the journey. See you in the Newborn Threads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Congratulations Minty!

Vel, hope you are still doing ok and we'll be hearing some good news from you soon x

Welcome to the world baby lejla. Congrats to you and your oh
    what a quick labour lucky you :)

• Advertisement

Congrats Minty. That was quick!

I'm still waiting. Every day feels like a week! Trying to stay positive but its hard at times. Was at hospital yesterday and all ok with baby so I will go back next week for the routine check up if I haven't had her, they will then scan me on the Saturday and induce me on the Monday (the day OH starts his new job!!) Just praying I go naturally before then.

How are all the new babies doing and how are the new mums feeling?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Huge congrats to minty and ericaa, delighted for you both. Hang in there Vel, really hope baby arrives before your OH goes back to work, I'd be lost without my hubby at the moment, very steep learning curve!
    Amy is doing really well, feeding a lot which is great but as I'm breastfeeding its pretty exhausting at times. I think its a little easier each day though.
    Its like a whole new life, have been out a few times to the shops and the organisation that goes into leaving the house is crazy, and thats without having to organise bottles!
    Hope everyone is doing well, has been an long and interesting 9 months, have really enjoyed logging on here and sharing the journey with you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

emer_b wrote: »
    Huge congrats to minty and ericaa, delighted for you both. Hang in there Vel, really hope baby arrives before your OH goes back to work, I'd be lost without my hubby at the moment, very steep learning curve!
    Amy is doing really well, feeding a lot which is great but as I'm breastfeeding its pretty exhausting at times. I think its a little easier each day though.
    Its like a whole new life, have been out a few times to the shops and the organisation that goes into leaving the house is crazy, and thats without having to organise bottles!
    Hope everyone is doing well, has been an long and interesting 9 months, have really enjoyed logging on here and sharing the journey with you all!

so true Emer, its funny how we've all reached the end of one journey and the beginning of a new one! this thread is getting quieter and quieter! So for now, see ye around boards, probably in the baby forums! xoxox

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

Hey just popping back to thank you all for the help and support offered in this thread. Hope you and the wee ones are getting along well

Same as Inishowen lady i must thank you all for the support throughout the last nine months. We must update the list when Vel announces her news. Hopefully you have had your bundle by now Vel :)

• Advertisement

Yes, still waiting for news from Vel. Yesterday was her induction date wasn't it, so hopefully good news will be coming this way soon.

I'd also like to say thanks to all of you for the company and support during L's pre-oxygen breathing days.

Hope all of you are managing to get enough sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Congrats Minty and Ericca. You decided on a name yet Ericca? Ah will be sad to see this thread end - all ye ladies have been brill and I've enjoyed logging in and the endless support also.

Will await to hear Vel's news... Hope all is ok with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

jeeney wrote: »
    Congrats Minty and Ericca. You decided on a name yet Ericca? Ah will be sad to see this thread end - all ye ladies have been brill and I've enjoyed logging in and the endless support also.

Will await to hear Vel's news... Hope all is ok with her.

No still nothing, it's driving me crazy, can't find anything we like!

Hi everyone,

Sorry I'm only updating now. Our little girl finally arrived on Monday night 08/10/12 (8 days over) weighing an impressive 8lbs 12oz! I started to get irregular pains on Monday morning which decided to disappear completely at lunchtime causing much tearing out of hair!! They came back strongly and regularly at around 5pm and I managed them at home for as long as I could, which wasn't long at all, just a few hours!! We arrived at Holles Street at 8pm, entered labour ward at 8.30 and she was born at 10.30 so all in all it was fairly quick and very straightforward.

All doing well and her brother and sister are delighted with her (although more delighted with the present she brought them!!)

How is everyone else doing?

Congrats Vel delighted for ya . Girls seem to be big this month:D.

Congratulations Vel! So happy for you and delighted that it was fairly quick in the end, after all your waiting!

All going well here. We took L for his first trip to the Zoo today, not that he had any interest, more to let us get out for some air.

I need to put my foot down more about feeding L when he is due to be fed though - my OH doesn't want to have to wait while I nurse L if we're out somewhere and says "We'll be home in 30 minutes so you might as well wait". Second time we've been out long enough that I should have fed him, second time I've ended up coming home in agony with big wet patches on my chest - this time to a symphony of miserable baby. 30 minutes is 30 minutes too long!

I'm actually pretty pissed off with him, because I talked to him about it after last time. But really it's my own fault, next time I'll tell him to head on home himself and we'll follow him after L has fed.

Aside from that everything is going great.

Its great getting them out and about Squiggler for some fresh air they
    sleep so much better after. Hopefully your Oh will get used to the feeding the more ye go out Squiggler.

Im feeling back to myself thank God. My only problem is my 2 year old he has been seriously acting up since G arrived. He is constantly shouting and climbing up on things he also hates daddy lifting baby. Please tell me this will pass. G on the other hand has to be the most relaxed baby only problem we are having is trying to get her winded at night this can take up to an hour and a half. Im hoping she will get easier to wind as time goes on.How are all the other new mammies?

ExcitedFTM: 30th August BOY - born 7th September
    Taxus baccata: 6th Sept - Boy (Matthew) - born 17th September
    Dollyb: 11th Sept - Boy - born 13th September
    sunshine 2000: 12th sept Girl (Ruby) - born 14th September
    Trishka: 15th September
    jeeney: 17th Sept - Boy (Ronan) - born 20th September
    Emer_b: 21st sept - Girl (Amy Rose) - born 25th September
    emmabrighton: 24th sept - boy (Max) - born 4th July
    Ericaa: 24th Sept - boy - born 28th September
    Squiggler: 24th sept - boy (Leon) - born 16th September
    MintyDoris: 26th Sept - Baby lejla - born 1st October
    elaney: 28th sept - Girl (Grace) - born 27th September
    Inishowen Lady: 28th Sept - Boy (Luke) - born 8th September
    Supadupa: 29th Sept - Boy (Jack) - born 11th September
    Queen of sheebs: 29th sept - Boy (Daithi John) - born 24th September
    fran79: 30th sept - Boy (Kitt)- Born 22nd September
    Vel: 30thSept - Girl - born 8th October

Updated List . I cannot find an announcement from Trishka does anyone know if she has had her baby?. Congrats to all new mammies.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Big congrats Vel! Well done and glad to hear the birth was quick. You deserved that much after the long wait! At least you have your hubby for the first few days anyways. Hope you're getting on ok.

Squiggler - your hubby needs to understand that when baby's hungry they are hungry! Not fair on letting the little mite just hang on another 30 mins. I think some firm words are needed and also for your sake too. We all know too well what it's like to be in agony when baby hasn't fed for a while. You and baby are priority at the mo and he should learn to be more patient.

My little man is awake loads more now and feeding a lot. A hungry little fella. Gone are the days when he was sleeping about 3.5 to 4 hours during the day.

*ahem*
    So after two months, our little man finally has a name! Hooray!

We went with Fényx, which you might recognise as the butchered spelling of Phoenix ;)

I hope everyone and their babs are doing great!

• Advertisement

It took my parents nearly 3 months to give me a name, so you needn't feel bad :) I was supposed to be a boy so they hadn't even thought of girls names!

Leon started teething about 4 weeks ago, so not always his happy smiling self, but he's doing great other than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

congrats ericaa, you must be tired of everyone asking you at this stage.
    I'm only just getting used to calling my lady by her name. I called her 'the baby' for a few weeks, also called her by my nieces name and my cats name a few times!!!

Squiggler thats so early to be teething, how do you even recognise the signs of it this early? Maybe thats a stupid question but can you actually see teeth coming down already?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

sorry girls I disappeared, yes beautiful baby girl induced on teh 20th September due to low water around her and raised bp for me we called her Maya and she doing really well. Hardly get a minute to be on net now but loving every minute of being a mammy

ExcitedFTM: 30th August BOY - born 7th September
    Taxus baccata: 6th Sept - Boy (Matthew) - born 17th September
    Dollyb: 11th Sept - Boy - born 13th September
    sunshine 2000: 12th sept Girl (Ruby) - born 14th September
    Trishka: 15th September-Girl(Maya) born the 20th September
    jeeney: 17th Sept - Boy (Ronan) - born 20th September
    Emer_b: 21st sept - Girl (Amy Rose) - born 25th September
    emmabrighton: 24th sept - boy (Max) - born 4th July
    Ericaa: 24th Sept - boy - born 28th September
    Squiggler: 24th sept - boy (Leon) - born 16th September
    MintyDoris: 26th Sept - Baby lejla - born 1st October
    elaney: 28th sept - Girl (Grace) - born 27th September
    Inishowen Lady: 28th Sept - Boy (Luke) - born 8th September
    Supadupa: 29th Sept - Boy (Jack) - born 11th September
    Queen of sheebs: 29th sept - Boy (Daithi John) - born 24th September
    fran79: 30th sept - Boy (Kitt)- Born 22nd September
    Vel: 30thSept - Girl - born 8th October

lovely name Ericaa . Congrats Trishka on your baby girl. My little one is beggining to teeth too its quiet early but her brother was the same.They can be teething for months Emerb before a tooth appears usually you will notice alot of drooling and fist biting. I have the quietest baby you would hardly know she was here thank God.Hope all the other mammys are well.

Congratulations Triska, glad to hear that you and baby are well.
    Squiggler thats so early to be teething, how do you even recognise the signs of it this early? Maybe thats a stupid question but can you actually see teeth coming down already?

Yes, very early, started in his 6th week. It took me a week to realise why he was suddenly in such bad form after being such a happy and calm little guy for the first 5 weeks. The drooling was a definite give away, but it seemed insanely early and I couldn't see or feel any signs. But then I noticed a little white lump under the gum near the back, the first tooth to stir wasn't one of the front ones so I was looking in the wrong place. There are a few teeth visable under the gum now, none have cut yet though. It can take a long time.

Elaney, glad to hear your little lady is so placid. We're lucky too, he only cries when he's got a good reason, which isn't very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi Ladies :)

Delighted to hear you & your little ones are doing well. How are ye finding motherhood?

I personally am finding it so rewarding (might sound corny) but to wake up every morning to a smiley little boy is the best feeling in the world.

My little one is the same with the drooling. She had a couple of very clingy irritable days but seems back to her normal self now. She only wanted to be up in Daddy's arms yesterday. I know he secretly LOVED that

Still breastfeeding too which I am so pleased with. No plans to stop any time soon. We had a feed at 10pm and a feed at 3am and woke at 7am. Best night yet and we are all nice and rested

How is everyone coping with getting around in this weather? I know she needs fresh air but I am afraid of her getting too cold. What are ye dressing the babies in when they are in the buggy?

Lovely to hear from some of the September ladies and glad everyone seems to be getting on well!

We have a little angel here. She really is a pleasure - eats/sleeps well, smiley and content. Our middle girl was very hard work as a baby and pretty much screamed solidly for the first 12 weeks so I think we were due an easy one this time! She'll be 8 weeks this weekend and I can't believe how quickly its going.

The other two kids absolutely love her and we are all in a great 'routine' and ticking along nicely! Loving being a mum to 3 but I'm closing up shop now!! No more!

MintyDoris I just wrap D up in 3 cellular blankets and a hat and I put the rain cover on to shield her from the wind. She is always nice and toasty when I take her out. Don't judge how warm/cold they are based on their hands or feet but rather, its best to judge by feeling the back of the neck.

congrats ericaa, you must be tired of everyone asking you at this stage.
    Oh gosh I really was. People were so bloody rude about it!
    elaney wrote: »
    lovely name Ericaa .
    Thank you so much :)

Oh I have to share a story with you girls!
    The other day I was in Tesco at the self service. This old lady came over to me and started looking in at Fényx in the pram, telling me how lovely he is, (you know, the usual!).

Old lady: Aww he's gorgeous!
    Me: Thank you.
    Old lady: (Stares at me before saying this.) Is he yours?
    Me: He sure is!
    Old lady: (Staring again) But you're a teenager aren't you?
    Me: No, I'm actually 22!
    Old lady: Oh! You look younger.

Talk about being judgemental hahaha. I had to laugh at that, but part of me wonders what else she would have said if I told her I'm a teenager!

• Advertisement

Well, it's been a whole year since we all found out we were pregnant. How is everyone getting on?

Advertisement