Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Recommendations

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

runman wrote: »
    is breaking bad series 4gona be put on netflix?

Doubt it, we arent exactly a priority for decent tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Highlander: The series (1992-1998) has been added to instantwatch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

surprised this thread isn't as popular as the one on the films thread as I think netflix is better for tv shows than movies - but it's a question of time and it takes quite a while to get through a tv show so you must choose wisely, it's always tempting to switch to another show and I get the feeling I am missing out on gems, in some ways netflix has become to tv shows what the ipod became for music for me = too much choice and I grow impatient and switch too much

ah give me those halcyon days of dvd boxsets and cds when I actually had to give something a chance to win me over

anyway my recommendations that I haven't seen mentioned are louie and reno 911 and the rather strange adult animated series drawn together

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

donfers wrote: »
    surprised this thread isn't as popular as the one on the films thread as I think netflix is better for tv shows than movies - but it's a question of time and it takes quite a while to get through a tv show so you must choose wisely, it's always tempting to switch to another show and I get the feeling I am missing out on gems, in some ways netflix has become to tv shows what the ipod became for music for me = too much choice and I grow impatient and switch too much

The main problem is were treated like 2nd class customers for the big new shows and we wont get access to them for ages especially compared to the american netflix market, so people like myself choose to watch them via other means. Id happily pay to watch these shows but apparently nobody wants my money to do so

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    The main problem is were treated like 2nd class customers for the big new shows and we wont get access to them for ages especially compared to the american netflix market, so people like myself choose to watch them via other means. Id happily pay to watch these shows but apparently nobody wants my money to do so

It's not that Netflix don't want to get more up to date stuff but rather that Sky has such a stranglehold on the market for television over here. Netflix simply cannot get the rights to a number of shows that they would like to have on the service due to the Sky.

Also it's important to note that Netflix is not about getting big new shows on the service but rather offering an extensive catalogue of material. If Netflix started throwing money at HBO for shows such Game of Thrones or at the big studiosso that they could have films such as The Avengers a few weeks after their home debut then the cost of the service would be much greater.

It's not that Netflix don't want to get more up to date stuff but rather that Sky has such a stranglehold on the market for television over here. Netflix simply cannot get the rights to a number of shows that they would like to have on the service due to the Sky.

Also it's important to note that Netflix is not about getting big new shows on the service but rather offering an extensive catalogue of material. If Netflix started throwing money at HBO for shows such Game of Thrones or at the big studiosso that they could have films such as The Avengers a few weeks after their home debut then the cost of the service would be much greater.

Oh i know its not their fault but i still like to complain, when i said nobody wants my money i was more talking about the idiots who refuse to give people like me who dont wanna watch shows on TV at a certain time every week an option to watch it online

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

shortys94 wrote: »
    Weeds is great too
    Totally agree. Started watching Weeds recently and really enjoying it. Up to the beginning of Season 2 now. Hope they add more to the three seasons that are up there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

There is about 6 seasons on the US netflix, currently watching season 5.

Have also been watching season 2 of Louie, great stuff again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Netflix confirmed today that new season of Arrested Development will be on Netflix UK in early 2013.

Earlier in the year they said it would only be on the US version.

https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/218277925894635520

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Martin_ie2012

know its been metioned a few times but have just started weeds really great show. For me I think this is the beauty of Netflix its cheap and allows you to discover shows you may have missed first time around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

know its been metioned a few times but have just started weeds really great show. For me I think this is the beauty of Netflix its cheap and allows you to discover shows you may have missed first time around

Genuis ploy Mr Head of Netflix Marketing Division of Ireland, but I still wont be signing up for Netflix :p

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

curry-muff wrote: »
    Genuis ploy Mr Head of Netflix Marketing Division of Ireland, but I still wont be signing up for Netflix :p
    Just noticed that Damages Season 4 has been added to Netflix before it's gone on sale in the shops. It doesn't go on sale in shops until next Monday. First time to my knowledge that's happened on the Irish version, I hope it's the beginning of a pattern. Also the first seasons of both the original and American versions of "The Killing" are now available as well. Haven't seen these yet, looking forward to watching them.

Have heard supposedly that once new seasons of shows are released the previous season will be available the same day, US netflix that is, not sure how accurate this is, saw it on yahoo answers:-P

runman wrote: »
    is breaking bad series 4gona be put on netflix?

Season 4 of Breaking bad was added to the US netflix today!!!

Looking forward to watching it.

shortys94 wrote: »
    Have heard supposedly that once new seasons of shows are released the previous season will be available the same day, US netflix that is, not sure how accurate this is, saw it on yahoo answers:-P

Hopefully this is right then from now on.

Dinosaurs(1991) is now streaming. Used to love this show as a kid.
    e187dbf9d0488502_dinosaurs-pic.jpg

ABC's Once upon a time, Revenge & Scandal hane now been added to Netflix instant. just in time to catch up before season 2 you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

All three seasons of Spiral have been added to Netflix Ireland and Uk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

DeWitt wrote: »
    ABC's Once upon a time, Revenge & Scandal hane now been added to Netflix instant. just in time to catch up before season 2 you guys.
    Guessing the US version, can't seem to see it on the Irish one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Freaks and Geeks now available on Netflix US.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

Watch the Mist last night. Based on a book from Steven King, Good horror and well acted IMO.

BO-JANGLES wrote: »
    Watch the Mist last night. Based on a book from Steven King, Good horror and well acted IMO.

And with an all time classic ending.

Darabont was offered twice the budget to change it but he refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Is there another Netflix thread? Couldnt find it

US now not working :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Sherlock series 1 and 2 are now on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Can anyone access US Netflix? Keep getting error 108. Am using Apple TV and Wimax...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Can anyone access US Netflix? Keep getting error 108. Am using Apple TV and Wimax...

Only on PC. Netflix have been under pressure to stop the region change thing and it looks like they are seriously cracking down.

No problems with Unblock US and AppleTV/PS3 with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I'm using a different service which is also working fine still. All regions, all devices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Working fine here using Unotelly.

Advertisement