Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Recommendations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but there's a documentary series called "wild china" on it that is beautifully stunning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I see Netflix is involved in original programming too, a new series made by them called Lillyhammer is starting feb 6 about a mafia type played by Steve Van Zandt who relocates to Norway. Also Boss is now on it Kelsey Grammar is the very corrupt and nasty Mayor of Chicago, excellent stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but there's a documentary series called "wild china" on it that is beautifully stunning

Excellent doc which looks stunning in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I see Netflix is involved in original programming too, a new series made by them called Lillyhammer is starting feb 6 about a mafia type played by Steve Van Zandt who relocates to Norway. Also Boss is now on it Kelsey Grammar is the very corrupt and nasty Mayor of Chicago, excellent stuff

Netflix will also premier season 4 of Arrested Development in 2013. if I don't continue my subsctription now, I will certainly be signing back up then

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/30/arrested-development-new-episodes-cast_n_1241409.html

http://deanlorey.com/home/?p=718

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I've just noticed 2 series of Green Wing are available.

If you're into off the wall British humour it's brilliant.

Also enjoying Prison Break. I'd never gotten around to watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Sons of Anarchy, it's amazing.

If you like The Shield, Wire, Sopranos etc - you'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

The Riches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

All seasons of prison break are on there too. Ive just gone through watching them all again!
    Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Loughgirl

Absolutely loved dexter!!but so disappointed that netflix only has season 1 and 2!!
    Where would I get season 3-6 ??any xteavision to rent a don't really like staming illegally,my Internet too slow anyway!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Loughgirl wrote: »
    Absolutely loved dexter!!but so disappointed that netflix only has season 1 and 2!!
    Where would I get season 3-6 ??any xteavision to rent a don't really like staming illegally,my Internet too slow anyway!!!

You can buy Dexter Season 3-5 on Amazon.co.uk for under €44.

You won't get Season 6 on DVD yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

My unlock us expired yesterday but Netflix is still working perfectly on my WD Live player. Haven't checked it on my laptop yet just in case that triggers it and it is blocked. So many brilliant shows to watch on the US Netflix. The film selection isn't anything to write home about though if you ask me. I've seen most of the good stuff before. Watched a truly appalling film called 'Trespass' last night staring Nic Cage and Nicole Kidman. I cannot emphasize enough how bloody dreadful it was. Right up there with Batman and Robin as far as godawful Joel Shumacher directed films go.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭itchy elbows

giddyup wrote: »
    Not sure if these are available on Netflix in Ireland:
    The League (don't let the sports angle put you off...not your typical US comedy)
    Blue Mountain State (utterly puerile..but lots of funny moments)
    Portlandia (Fred Armisen ripping on hipsters and affected weirdness)

Blue mountain state is.brilliant, tad castle is a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Blue mountain state is.brilliant, tad castle is a legend

First season was great.. it went downhill after that. Basically when the guy playing the mascot started making the show all about him... just because he's a producer on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gin Fizz

There doesn't seem to be a lot of good films on the Irish net flicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

"Brothers Keeper" is another great docu on there. Not going to say anything about it, well worth a watch. Amazing how rural life in US is so akin to rural life in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Watching Twin Peaks for the first time, don't know why I didn't watch it back then, its the sort of quirky, off beat stuff I love and has loads of hot girls like Lara Flynn Boyle and especially Mädchen Amick, maybe it clashed with another show I loved Northern Exposure at the time? Now its so easy to hear of shows and get recommendations off the net back then you relied on friends and none of mine really recommended it, anyway its well worth a look (and very funny) 20 years on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 martin kelly.

Are Netflix increasing their catalogue not impressed by it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mcleixlip

Hi - this might be off topic for this thread but, my free trial is soon to expire with netflix. (.ie) I'm not exactly overwhelmed by the choice. Do they ration what you can watch on the free trial period, or it that it? TBH most of it is what is repeated over and over on ITV2-4, E4 and the chanel5's on freeview!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Jericho & Firefly are 2 more series I'd never seen on TV that I've really enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I just watched the first 3 episodes of "The Increasingly Bad Decisions of Todd Margaret".
    Never heard of it before but I think it's fantastic- starting David Cross, Will Arnett (arrested developement) and Blake Harrison (inbetweeners).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

The Unusuals staring Amber Tamblyn & Jeremy Renner. At first it was just going to be a run of the mill cop show but no it was really good. A little more left field and way better characters and interaction than I've seen on a cop show in a while. Unfortunately it only ran for 10 eps (9 of which are on Netflix) but I still think its worth the look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I watched all 3 seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's pitched at kids but there is a lot there for up old 'uns.
    You would not see better fight scenes on most movies and the story and characters are well fleshed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Lost is coming in June

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭lauraww

Lost is coming in June

to netflix ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

lauraww wrote: »
    to netflix ireland?

Must be as its been on the US site for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Been watching Californication lately, really like David Duchovny in it, some of the situations he finds himself in are hilarious

Also of course Always Sunny In Philadelphia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Weeds is great too

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Martin_ie2012

The catalogue is getting better all the time, a few films on there now that i havent seen and would like to. Would reccommend a drama from itv on there the jury, think it was a 3 or 5 part series. Julie Walters is fantastic in it, a very enjoyable and gripping watch.
    Also looking forward to rewatching lost and 24. Saved myself a few quid on those boxsets. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

is breaking bad series 4gona be put on netflix?

Advertisement