Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Recommendations

Options
  • 13-01-2012 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭

I see the other thread, but it's not quite hitting the question I have.

From browsing some of the other threads on Netflix on boards, there's a small list of series for me to watch

Dexter
    Breaking Bad
    Arrested Development

any other recommendations for quality series worth giving a chance to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

uberwolf wrote: »
    I see the other thread, but it's not quite hitting the question I have.

From browsing some of the other threads on Netflix on boards, there's a small list of series for me to watch

Dexter
    Breaking Bad
    Arrested Development

any other recommendations for quality series worth giving a chance to?

Walking Dead is pretty good

Heroes it's cancelled now but was an interesting series

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

All the Prime Suspect is on there

Helen Miram finest role

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The first few seasons of The Office are very good! 24 is another highly rated show, that I've yet to get around too. Worth watching Heroes for the first season alone, excellent TV!

The 4400 is good, but I soon got bored of it. Have also heard good things about Brotherhood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Brotherhood is on there? Nice one. Been meaning to watch that for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Breaking Bad, you will not be disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Trailer Park Boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I started with Twin Peaks ¬_¬ Don't judge me.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

How can i watch netflix through my xbox? Do i need xbox live? I havent a clue :)

mooeire wrote: »
    How can i watch netflix through my xbox? Do i need xbox live? I havent a clue :)

Yes you need an Xbox Live Gold subscription you can buy them fairly cheap at xboxlivecodes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I've been watching Weeds, it's pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

justryan wrote: »
    Yes you need an Xbox Live Gold subscription you can buy them fairly cheap at xboxlivecodes.com

It's abit unfair having it on the live subscription isn't it. Is it the same with sky player on xbox?

Btw The Walking Dead isn't on it, the Irish version anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭fusuf

I started watching Weeds, it's hilarious and the main character is a total milf.
    Today I watched about two seasons of The Office in HD it's the funniest series I've ever seen (the uk version would be a welcome addition to the Netflix library). I might get into watching Breaking Bad after seeing the first episode

AntiRip wrote: »

It's abit unfair having it on the live subscription isn't it. Is it the same with sky player on xbox?

Yup and you also need to be a sky customer, just dont buy your XBL subscription from Microsoft as they shaft you on the price.

AntiRip wrote: »

Btw The Walking Dead isn't on it, the Irish version anyway

There's a workaround for changing your DNS settings to point at American servers this will allow you to see American content.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Can i buy a connection and watch it from my laptop on my tv? Its an old tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

fusuf wrote: »
    I started watching Weeds, it's hilarious and the main character is a total milf.
    I just finished the three seasons available on netflix. I'm a bit disapointed that our version of netflix doesn't have all seasons available like the US one does.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

Just finished 3 series's of The Inbetweeners. Funny enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

If you have access to the US Netflix they have every episode of Friday Night Lights. Just watched first episode and really enjoyed it. Supposed to be a great series.

They also have Sports Night. Aaron Sorkin's TV show that he did before the West Wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

hobochris wrote: »
    I just finished the three seasons available on netflix. I'm a bit disapointed that our version of netflix doesn't have all seasons available like the US one does.
    I don't think Weeds season 4 and beyond was ever shown in the UK or Ireland so Netflix would have to pay a substantial amount of money for "first airing" rights I'd imagine.

Doesn't make sense to do that at the moment I guess.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I don't think Weeds season 4 and beyond was ever shown in the UK or Ireland so Netflix would have to pay a substantial amount of money for "first airing" rights I'd imagine.

Doesn't make sense to do that at the moment I guess.

Sky have shown it. Season 5 and 6 are available on Sky Anytime+ so probably wont be seeing any more seasons on Netflix over here for a while. I just wish they would release seasons 4 and onwards on Blu-Ray over here. They were region free until season 3 in the states :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ah right, fair enough. It gets a bit ****e after season 3 anyway.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just found US version has Red Dwarf, every episode and all Father Ted's and Blackadder's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

there a way of gettin netflix for free? i dont mean the one month trial, i mean after it

there a way of gettin netflix for free? i dont mean the one month trial, i mean after it
    No. You will need to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'd recommend "The Thick of It". Shame they don't have the movie "In the Loop".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Check out 'Breaking Bad' most definitely. Does anyone know if and how they will be expanding their selection? Seems a bit sparse at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Has anyone found any shows or movies not listed in the genre selections? Looking through their tv category there's not much, but I saw another subscriber talking about Dirty Sexy Money, did a Y search & whatd'ya know there it was. Strange it's not listed in their catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Can anyone tell me if Six Feet Under is available on it? I've gone back to Season 1 (can't believe that was over 10 years ago :eek: ) as the girlfriend hasn't seen it. I only have seasons 2 and 5 on boxset so need to stream the other 3.

Found some very good, not exactly paid for, streams for it but would prefer no hassle searching for links.

Quality show btw. If it's on Netflix I'll sign up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

If you like "different" UK series', check out Nitey Night (think that's how it's spelled).

It's one of those unknown but pretty entertaining series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

On the us version I recommedend Portlandia and the Increasingly bad decisions of todd Margaret

Advertisement