Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdoms of Amalur

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

HMV was the cheapest of the B&M shops, 47.99 on the consoles.

Game was 49.99 so was GameStop.

Smyths eh.............. didn't have it or Darkness 2 :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't see the pc price by any chance, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Really enjoying it so far. The combat is great, way beyond what you would normally expect from an RPG. Character customization is great and my god there's lots and lots of loot!!!

Blacksmithing and Gem crafting is pretty solid, needs levels invested to make good items though as you find alot of epics even in your first few hours of play but with some thought and preparation I am now creating some really nice gear.

It starts slow enough for the first few hours but it's really picking up now in terms of quests and story. Overall I would definitely recommend it, if you like fast hack and slash combat and indepth character development with tonnes of loot options then definitely pick it up.

My one complaint is that it is far too easy even on the hardest difficulty. It will be fine for most casual players but if you like theory crafting and getting the most out of the combat and abilities you wont find much of a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So is it any good?
    Yes its really good, Kinda like what Fable 2 could of been if Peter Moleynuex wasnt allowed near it. but much bigger, the map is huge weopons are really diverse enemys are cool some are rather annoying but you feel great after killing them and you can respec your charecter wheneer you want. I think ive settled on Greatsword and Great hammer, but if i want i could go sneaky theif in an instant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

loving the game so far anyway,playing the ps3,having some frame rate issues sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I traded in Skyrim for this ( put 50 hours into it) and I'm not sorry I did. After ny first sitting I'm 5 hours in, combat and weapon upgrades are what make this. I started doing a few side quests but it went up a gear for the main quests. My only worry with this game, will I be finished before Mass Effect next month. I'm playing on PS3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill be grabbing this along with the fxaa skyrim mod that works with it as seen above.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Kiith wrote: »
    Didn't see the pc price by any chance, did you?

It's 39.99 in GameStop, not sure about GAME (although it's probably the same - why did I pre-order on Steam ;_; ). Haven't looked anywhere else.

Also, now that I think of it, is anyone else (on PC) getting "An unknown connection error occured" when trying to connect to your EA account? I want those goodies from the demo, but that stupid error stands in the way :|

There's too much loot!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

just bought a key of g2play.net and downloading on origin (pity its not a steam key! DAMN YOU EA!)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

There's too much loot!!!

I <3 loot!!

There's too much loot!!!
    Backpack Upgrade:
    Settlement: Gorhart, Odarst
    Trader: The Corner Shop, sold by Rikka EgestBackpack Upgrade:
    Settlement: Rathir, Tywili Coast
    Trader: Scholia Arcana, sold by Wil DonallBackpack Upgrade:
    Settlement: Ysa, The Sidhe
    Trader: Asker’s Alley, sold by Riona HeltBackpack Upgrade:
    Settlement: Domus Politica, Adessa
    Trader: Senecer MacitBackpack Upgrade:
    Settlement: Mel Senshir

There that should help ;)

Only got to play 30 mins lastnight,literally just done the tutorial the graphical bugs from the demo are totally gone.

Ive been playing since 9:30 yesterday morning on xbox, no bugs at all, but it did stall once. Which is probably more to do with the xbox being on for over 30 hours straight than the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Dcully wrote: »
    Only got to play 30 mins lastnight,literally just done the tutorial the graphical bugs from the demo are totally gone.

have there been any changes to the game other than that? the demo played like a pig when i got it, all sorts of nasties like frame rate and not being able to change resolution etc..

have there been any changes to the game other than that? the demo played like a pig when i got it, all sorts of nasties like frame rate and not being able to change resolution etc..

Everything is silky smooth @ max settings for me, i installed the FXAA post process mod for skyrim and it looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

might just have to get my mits on it so :)

It runs really well. No bugs so far myself, and the loading has been cut down massively. Enjoying it so far, BUT THERES TOO MUCH LOOT :P

Loving it, what makes it is the combat, seamless between primary and secondary and the fact that you can dabble in multiple classes too.

Mind you playing on hard I think I better make a decision on one over the other soonish.

• Advertisement

I told you where to get new bags :P

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

12 hours in. It's just ok not great so far. Loads of dull fetch quests -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Is there no zoom out option?

Yeah the right thumb thing on Xbox. not sure about pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'm about two hours in. First impressions are that it's ok. Combat for me seems to be a lot of pressing the same button and is very easy so far on the normal difficulty.

The graphics are pretty poor (imo) but that doesn't bother me a whole lot.

The sidequests I've done so far haven't been especially interesting.

Will keep going but it's only ok so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Combat is intense at times :-D

First thing everyone should do it turn up the difficulty level. Hard is pretty easy as well, with only a few tough fights for me so far.

What level is everyone?

First thing everyone should do it turn up the difficulty level. Hard is pretty easy as well, with only a few tough fights for me so far.

Did you get to the trolls on hard???? Man those cleaned me out of health potions fast, then I got a unique hammer off one of them and found it stunned them after 3 uninterrupted hits in a combo chain. Mind you they were orange when I got to them so maybe should have waited a bit.

Inventory space is a pain , potions take up far too much space. I have 1 full set of armour and a weapon in each category (playing a jack of all trades character) and same with accessories, and am at 75/80 :eek:
    What level is everyone?

11 which might explain my above troubles, haven't touched the main story line much at all, which I really should advance a bit to get a stash point.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Did you get to the trolls on hard???? Man those cleaned me out of health potions fast, then I got a unique hammer off one of them and found it stunned them after 3 uninterrupted hits in a combo chain. Mind you they were orange when I got to them so maybe should have waited a bit.

Inventory space is a pain , potions take up far too much space. I have 1 full set of armour and a weapon in each category (playing a jack of all trades character) and same with accessories, and am at 75/80 :eek:

11 which might explain my above troubles, haven't touched the main story line much at all, which I really should advance a bit to get a stash point.

Im only lvl 5 :o

Advertisement