Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdoms of Amalur

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can anyone tell me when the ME 3 gear unlocks? I started up the demo and was making a character but had to head away. Other than that, I've just been playing ME 2. Now i'm kinda worried if this is a time release demo and I might miss the stuff.

I went to finally play NFS The Run demo a few weeks back and said the demo was expired.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think it's as soon as you leave the tutorial dungeon. Can't remember exactly, but i think it was once you select your first Fate card thing (Mage, Rogue or Warrior). Got a big popup saying i'd get the item in ME3, as well as some items for this.

Thanks Kiith, will give it a lash later!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I *think* I had something else unlock after I hit the 45 mins mark, but yea, when you meet the Fateweaver outside the Tower you escape from, you'll get some sort of notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

You unlock the Armour very early (just after Character Creation IIRC) and the ME3 weapon is unlocked at the end of the 45 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I couldn't bring myself to finish the demo. This did not appeal to me at all and by rights, this should by "my kind of game", but I found nothing of interest here.

Now, before someone says finish the demo and I might find something of interest, it speaks volumes that I thought this was so fundamentally poor that I didn't even bother to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Mine unlocked all the stuff before I stareted.

Ok, I got past the dungeon and told I have 45 minutes to explore. I don't really like the game so don't want to play it any more but havn't unlocked the ME3 gear. Sounds like it was unlocking for people at different times. Think i'll just let him stand around for a while, see if it unlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Worst demo I've ever played. I don't know if they released the demo to put people off not to buy it or what, but it's just so buggy as ****. It's like I experienced every single bugs in that 45 mins (Froze once, Dialogue skipping really fast when talking to NPC's, No sound, Visual pop-ins, Ground disappearing.) and people were saying "cause it's an old build demo yada... yada... there will be no bug in full game" MY ASS! A huge game like this is impossible not to have a single bug!

I find combat MEH! It wasn't deep enough and it felt very easy. Lock picking seems like a dumbed down version of SKYRIM's lock picking.

and also "Online pass" has just been announced for A SINGLE FECKIN' PLAYER GAME?! :mad: Feck this!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/advanced-preview-kingdoms-of/726281

This game sounds amazing, according to the video the bugs experianced are being ironed out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/advanced-preview-kingdoms-of/726281

This game sounds amazing, according to the video the bugs experianced are being ironed out.

Yes, I will definitely be getting this.

Finished the demo, watched the end vid and it went back to the menu. No armour or weapon. Any way to check if I actually unlocked these?

Assuming you were signed in, you should have gotten a prompt to say that you had unlocked the weapons. Armour was at the very start.

thanks Keiith turns out I wasn't signed in first time. Have the armour and the launcher now! Great idea with the cross promotion. I won't be buying this, not my cuppa but wouldn't have even tried it if not for the unlocking stuff so fair play ea.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,669 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    From what I can tell, its an open world RPG developed by Big Huge Games (:confused:)
    I could see that actually. With Rise of Legends they basically tried to dispense with RTS trappings and turn it into an RPG. Also, World of Warcraft kinda started out the same way, as a prototype mod under the WC3 Engine (You can still play it actually, it's a short RPG campaign about the founding of Ogrimmar)

A bit surprising, but not shocking. And they have been a company off the shelves for 5 years, so anything was possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just wondering has anyone found this cheaper than the ~€32 (including postage) on gamestop.ie?

danthefan wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone found this cheaper than the ~€32 (including postage) on gamestop.ie?
    Its not even out yet, why would there be reductions :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

I honestly wouldn't have touched KoA:R if Mass Effect 3 wasn't doing a cross promotion! Anyways I wasn't a fan of the game....each to their own I suppose and now I have a cool gun and armour for ME3! :)

I've cleared the demo, but i'm not sold to be honest. The combat was supposed to be a selling point, but i didn't really enjoy it that much. I'm also kind of sick of the fantasy setting. Might get it when it's a bit cheaper, or when i might be stuck on the couch for a week in March (knee op).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Don't think I'll bother with it either,I was really excited about this but the demo let me down,something wasn't right,I'll wait till the reviews come out anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

This game sort came out of the blue to me and god did I enjoy it. Played it on the PC but used a controller as it seemed a bit more fluid considering how bad the camera is (which has apparently been fixed in the released version). Really enjoyed the combat sorta reminded me of the Witcher almost which is a great sign and I loved the art style. Definitely a Day 1 Purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Ign have their review up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Stop saying Am-oo-lar you Yank!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What really bugs me is they say Tu-Ath-ah instead of Thoo-haa as it's meant to be pronounced by any proper Irish person :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I dled the demo of this today really enjoyed it, looking forward to playing the game and exploring the world.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sharrow wrote: »
    I dled the demo of this today really enjoyed it, looking forward to playing the game and exploring the world.

I'm tempted to get it myself as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Have to say despite the pretty glaring bugs I enjoyed the demo also, that 45 mins goes along way if like me you're anal about stats and upgrade paths while playing an RPG. :o

Initial thoughts are that the combat will be great, devil may cry meets dark souls are the first impressions. At higher levels it will be very fast paced, just hope that hardest difficulty really provides a challenge and forces you to understand and work a good build and be effective with the combat system.

One thing I am worried about it the side quest system, I hope it doesn't suffer from MMO syndrome (i.e collect 6 plants, kill 10 goblins etc.). Initial reviews say there is 60+ hours of content though so fingers crossed. It's out in NA today so reviews should be up over the next 24 hours or so and should give us a better insight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big Knox wrote: »
    Initial reviews say there is 60+ hours of content though so fingers crossed. It's out in NA today so reviews should be up over the next 24 hours or so and should give us a better insight.

I read somewhere where they mentioned 200 hours?
    Maybe thats side quests etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dcully wrote: »
    I read somewhere where they mentioned 200 hours?
    Maybe thats side quests etc?

Alot of reviews up now and yeah looks like there is 200+ hours in total if you really want to do everything it has to offer.

General consensus is the combat and character development is great, it's not a grind in any way and there's tonnes of loot to help progression and there is a sh1t load of content but the negatives are very it has a very bland MMO like world and generic plot and doesen't really offer anything new to the genre.

8/10 seems to be the average score. Will be picking this up, the combat character development and vast amounts of loot will keep me playing. Just hope it is difficult enough to complement it's deep customisation and combat!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Thought the demo was worryingly easy. The troll part required no finesse at all - just pressed the attack button until it died.

Advertisement