Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdoms of Amalur

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Yeah it's definitely one to play on the hardest setting alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Fnz wrote: »
    Thought the demo was worryingly easy. The troll part required no finesse at all - just pressed the attack button until it died.
    Well in fairness, up until you enter the main world is a tutorial, so it's meant to be easy. But outside I has a bit of trouble with combat until I found a hammer and then tore through everything. So hopefully they'll ramp up the difficulty instead of allowing you to be a hammer weilding god 10 minutes into the game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I dunno humanji, being Thor has a certain appeal... :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Total Biscuit running a live stream of the full game right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Don't want to spoil it by watching that stream. I felt the combat was very item related regards to how easy killing sh*t was, I remember struggling against the Legion with my starter gear and really having to think about how to fight. I just love the **** tons of loot im a sucker for that stuff.

• Advertisement

There are a slew of other live-streaming along with TotalBiscuit - djWheat and Day[9] amongst others. http://www.twitch.tv/team/reckoning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

When I saw the title of this game on steam, I instinctly dismissed it. Now word of mouth has me interested in it

When I saw the title of this game on steam, I instinctly dismissed it. Now word of mouth has me interested in it

It's very under the radar in terms of coverage until this past week imo. I never heard of it at all and installed the demo for a look see. If your into loot gathering and such it's a fun game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The name is very off-putting alright. Maybe 'Reckoning' or 'Amalur' would have been better.

Anyway, will be picking this up on Friday based on the reviews I have read.

So Curt Schilling who's the guy who owns 38 Studios who are the developers of this was on Day[9] last night via a Skype call and they're also planning an MMO, so it seems that with Salvatore's help, they're creating an entirely new world in Amalur and the names will probably make more sense when there are more titles :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So who's getting it for the pc and who's getting it for the ps3/xbox :-P?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

So who's getting it for the pc and who's getting it for the ps3/xbox :-P?

PC here - so long as some of the niggly little things (such as auto-running once you pass in/out of instanced zones), I'll be happy enough since the gameplay did seem quite enjoyable IMO. The storyline, from what the demo described, seems a bit bonkers but I'll just about get over that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I might get it for PS3 tbh, just so i have something decent to play when im at uni.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pc, but will play it with the 360 pad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiith wrote: »

I forgot You could do that,might get it for pc after all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Didnt think of this. Was gonna get it on 360 but ill get it on the PC now for sure. Is there any other peripheral needed other than a 360 control and a USB port?

Didnt think of this. Was gonna get it on 360 but ill get it on the PC now for sure. Is there any other peripheral needed other than a 360 control and a USB port?

Not sure about the wired joypad, but i don't think you can just connect up the standard joypad (might be wrong). I think you need a certain connection. I use the wireless receiver, and it works perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Not sure about the wired joypad, but i don't think you can just connect up the standard joypad (might be wrong). I think you need a certain connection. I use the wireless receiver, and it works perfectly.

The wired Xbox joypad is just plug and play for me anyway.

I only bought it recently, don't know how I managed without it.

This is out today, isn't it?

This is out today, isn't it?

Yup,got it in game for the.ps3 for 49.99

• Advertisement

Might check the prices in town for the pc, but can't see it being any cheaper than on G2Play (€34.99). Would like to not have to download it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

stupid slow install. hurry up little grey bar :o

So I have to pay for DLC on day one? F**king nice one EA :rolleyes:

stupid slow install. hurry up little grey bar :o

So I have to pay for DLC on day one? F**king nice one EA :rolleyes:

Isn't the day 1 dlc free for people who buy the game new?

Yea, as far as I know it's one of those "anti-second-hand-sales" DLCs AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Replayed the Demo last night (first demo I've played through 5 times in a long while) - tempted now to pick it up.

Can anyone who gets the PS3 version let us know if the graphical glitches from the demo have been fixed (specifically the large black hole that appears when you leave the Inn)? Thanks.

Isn't the day 1 dlc free for people who buy the game new?
    There is mass effect armor and 7 quests but when I went into DLC there are three items at 270 (I know its **** all) each. One for finesse one for magic and one for brute.
    Had I of known I might of bought some points but they didnt bother their holes telling anyone about it in the adverts/reviews for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

There is mass effect armor and 7 quests but when I went into DLC there are three items at 270 (I know its **** all) each. One for finesse one for magic and one for brute.
    Had I of known I might of bought some points but they didnt bother their holes telling anyone about it in the adverts/reviews for it.
    They're the pre-order bonuses, aren't they?

humanji wrote: »
    They're the pre-order bonuses, aren't they?

Yeah the amazon pre order and all that sh*te.

Ah I pre-ordered from gamestop thats the problem :(

Still I am really enjoying the game all the bugs I noticed in the Demo are gone, construction, potions and Gem making are fun enough and my Commander Shepard armor looks great. Im so happy my Girlfriends going out of town today :D

• Advertisement

Advertisement