Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

ZiabR wrote: »
    That looks so bloody bad BUT Jim Carey is great!

Jim Carey doing 20 year old Rock jokes and featuring it in the trailer does not bode well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I on the other hand can't wait to get loaded and watch this.

Yeah that does sound like a pretty solid plan.

It looks like an atrocity, but anyone who had the notion to turn this into a live action film must've been completly ****ing mental, so it might be an entertaining look into the abyss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Gbear wrote: »
    Yeah that does sound like a pretty solid plan.

It looks like an atrocity, but anyone who had the notion to turn this into a live action film must've been completly ****ing mental, so it might be an entertaining look into the abyss.
    Until the abyss looks back...

D5Z9bDdW4AEOHZX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

The kids will love it and good to see Jim looking well!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Since when were the rings portals?! And I need to get the number for the personal trainer Robotnik went to!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Since when were the rings portals?!

Well you did leap through giant rings to access the special stages in some of the classic games, so not without precedent...

(I can’t believe I’m citing precedent to justify something in that godawful trailer)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think that Sonic movie captures the feel of the series perfectly
    it's always been rubbish

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭ogsjw

Sonic 2 is fantastic, but I have to agree. For a game about momentum, it stops you in your tracks a lot, and when you are moving, it feels automated and the player does not have much control.

Great IP in terms of characters (anyone remember the UK Sonic the Comic) but the execution has always been a mixed bag.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,947 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

it's always been rubbish

It's better than Crash Bandicrap.

So I tested BOTW in VR with the PSVR headset.
    Works functionally as yes you get the full VR scope but you can't turn your head and look around obviously because you have no tracking camera associated with the Switch.

• Advertisement

So I tested BOTW in VR with the PSVR headset.
    Works functionally as yes you get the full VR scope but you can't turn your head and look around obviously because you have no tracking camera associated with the Switch.

What do you mean by scope? The wide field of view? Or is it delivering a 3D image? Is that possible considering the headset is in Cinema Mode?

ogsjw wrote: »
    What do you mean by scope? The wide field of view? Or is it delivering a 3D image? Is that possible considering the headset is in Cinema Mode?

Sorry I should have said sense of scale. It's pretty amazing standing on top of a mountain in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Sorry I should have said sense of scale. It's pretty amazing standing on top of a mountain in it!

while sitting in your sitting room in your boxers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

it's always been rubbish
    Sonic 1, 2 , CD and Sonic Mania are fantastic games!
    -
    Pretty much everything else ranges from dreadful to alright-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 23,123 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's better than Crash Bandicrap.

ixx0q60ezmg11.gif

Not worth it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,947 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nothing hurts more than the truth :pac:

Nothing hurts more than the truth :pac:

Do tell us how you cope with liking an inferior product. :pac:

Never got the love of Sonic myself, just felt boring in comparison to Mario, so I was never a fan of it.

J. Marston wrote: »
    ixx0q60ezmg11.gif

Not worth it.

I'm saving this one for later....

Skerries wrote: »
    while sitting in your sitting room in your boxers :)

Strangely accurate

I noted someone outside my window looking in, was this you?

giphy.gif

Earthworm Jim 3 is in development.

For the Intellivision Amico console.

• Advertisement

Earthworm Jim 3 is in development.

For the Intellivision Amico console.

The Intellivision what now???

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Can't believe the amount of Nintendo fanboys on this thread criticizing Sonic games.

Your all just salty since the Mega Drive kicked the SNES butt in the only console war that ever mattered!

No if you plebs excuse me I'm going back to hugging my 32X!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Crash team racing coming out in June on PlayStation. Is it a poor mans mariokart?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's a 90% version of Mariokart on a PlayStation - hard to say no :D

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Crash team racing coming out in June on PlayStation. Is it a poor mans mariokart?

It's a poor man's Mario kart.

But it's also a very competent imitation of Mario Kart and well worth a purchase.

Azza wrote: »
    Can't believe the amount of Nintendo fanboys on this thread criticizing Sonic games.

Your all just salty since the Mega Drive kicked the SNES butt in the only console war that ever mattered!

No if you plebs excuse me I'm going back to hugging my 32X!

Says you! I had the SNES, and my mate had the Megadrive. We swapped every now and then, and tbh I much preferred the SNES. Maybe I was too used to their controllers, but I did not like the MD controller at all. Even though the SNES was basically a rounded rectangle, it felt more comfortable to me.

Plus you can't compare Sonic and Mario. Mario is a genre defying game, Sonic is hold right and jump every now and then. :pac:

@Retr0, why you talking to yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Look lads, I think we can all agree both Sonic and Crash were absolute dirt.

Actually, that Intellivision Amico looks pretty cool. Retro modern, console charges controllers, add up to 8 more controllers using smart phones, console specific games only, re-masters of classic Intellivision, Atari and other games, console exclusives, €3 - €8 for the games, €140 to €180 for the console itself with 2 controllers. And, as Retr0 rightly pointed out, Earthworm Jim 3 by the original team behind 1 & 2. That would nearly be reason alone to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

F. Gary Gray is developing to direct a film based on the hit action video game Saints Row. Greg Russo, who’s scripting the Mortal Kombat reboot at Warner Bros, is writing.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/saints-row-f-gary-gray-straight-outta-compton-directing-videogame-movie-adaptation-1202604753/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Look lads, I think we can all agree both Sonic and Crash were absolute dirt.

LOL your fooling no one, I know a Philips CD-i fanboy when I see one!:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement