Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

verycool wrote: »
    AKA "the Doom Model" :pac:

Or the Bulletstorm model.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It depends on your definition of "fun" really. Either way, I wouldn't read much into it. May well have been cobbled together at the last minute because of Walmart letting the cat out of the bag.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If ID can bring the fun into the game the way they managed it with Doom then I'm all for it.

Looks a lot better than the Borderlands 'humour' of repeating internet memes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It appears Avalanche Studios, of Just Cause and more importantly, Mad Max fame, are working on RAGE 2 rather than just iD themselves.

Rage 2 confirmed via leaked teaser

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought square Enix owned them as they worked on FF15?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I don't hate it, in fact I kind of like how it's presenting a fun game. Far too many shooters take themselves far too seriously so be nice to see one which is just about fun.

Live action trailors for games are a no-no for me in most cases. What are the chances that the person producing them has any grasp of what they're selling?

Lighter tone is fine, so long as it avoids the low-effort rubbish from the likes of Borderlands.

Tone wasn't one of the original Rage's problems, I don't think. It wasn't a positive either but a lack of focus with the tacked on driving stuff, a mixed bag in terms of level design and reusing levels, and the story (and I don't mean it as a compelling narrative but as a vehicle for action) were the big ones for me.

Any time something starts going on about how darned wacky it is, alarm bells start going off in my mind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Cliffy B's studio just shut down.

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/996092708971274245

Hardly surprising, what with the quality of the output.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CatInABox wrote:
    Cliffy B's studio just shut down.

Did they not just release a Fortnite clone??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ERG89 wrote: »
    Did they not just release a Fortnite clone??

Yeah, but it was clear that they pushed it out really unfinished. A lot of the buildings on the map were untextured, etc. They obviously needed fast cash flow, but Radical Heights just got a bad word of mouth immediately, so that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Thought square Enix owned them as they worked on FF15?
    Nah, just your standard work for hire deal as far as I remember.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Well this is an abomination.

I very much hope everyone else involved in the project isn't even 5% as clueless as whoever came up with this hideous muck.

Jesus, it's really not that bad. It's a bit of fun

I don't understand why Rage tends to be so polorizing. People knocking it straight away. I'm hyped for it.

gizmo wrote: »
    It appears Avalanche Studios, of Just Cause and more importantly, Mad Max fame, are working on RAGE 2 rather than just iD themselves.

Rage 2 confirmed via leaked teaser

Well I'm ok with that. As long as iD handle the FPS mechanics

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

M!Ck^ wrote: »

That's always been part of the deal, much like Netflix. Non-first party games will cycle in and out and you can buy them to own at a discount when they're part of the Game Pass line-up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Hope he doesn't go down the metal route...

Loved the orchestral versions and the piano collection. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So, em, yeah.... STALKER 2 is in development.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Now that's a game series I had all but forgotten about, must reinstall them sometime.

Sony Ends Production Of Physical Vita Games [Kotaku]

The Vita should have been far better than it was, but it really didn't get the love it deserved from Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Vita should have been far better than it was, but it really didn't get the love it deserved from Sony.

They gave up in it years ago tbf. Glad some publishers supported it but always felt they dropped it when they unveiled the PS4. Was very much a luxury device with the cost of it.
    Has an amazing selection of indie games now as good as any system tbh. It got Papers Please, Va-11 Hall-a, Undertale in the last year as silent releases & coming next week is Stardew Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Vitas going for around 100 on Amazon, prob cheaper on Adverts, would it be worth buying?

• Advertisement

Vitas going for around 100 on Amazon, prob cheaper on Adverts, would it be worth buying?

Well depends really what kind of games you're into I guess, are you into Jrpg's? the back catalogue is huge for them! even if you're not into them for that price I would still get one,the vita still has a decent library of indie games and other genre of games to keep you going, stardew valley is coming soon as is cosmic star heronine. Sony bastards have all but abandoned it though.

I'd say yes. Especially if you get one with a low enough firmware so you can do "stuff".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

where would one find such a thing?

Skerries wrote: »
    where would one find such a thing?

I don't honestly know... maybe the Vitas being sold on Amazon now have been in a warehouse long enough that they're still on 3.60 firmware? And to be honest I haven't actually done it myself - being the tool I am, I upgraded the firmware. :rolleyes:

I'm also not sure how much modding info I can post here (and we're going off topic), but if you Google for Henkaku, you'll be on the right track.

EDIT: This seems like a good jumping off point : r/vitahacks [Reddit]

• Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I got a vita off ebay with 4 games and a memory card at a decent price then sold the 4 games to cex to offset some of the cost. Had a huge backlog from adding all the games from Plus from when they started, in case I got a vita.
    If they had gone with sd cards instead of proprietary cards it could've been a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If they had gone with sd cards instead of proprietary cards it could've been a different story

This. This is what killed the Vita. A crazy decision, due to the cost of them. When it first came out, I got one, as I was flush at the time, and the 8Gb card was like €35, and the 16Gb one was like €60, and you'd fill the 8Gb one with 2 full games.

It was a great little console, but the card system let it down.

CastorTroy wrote: »

This. This is what killed the Vita. A crazy decision, due to the cost of them. When it first came out, I got one, as I was flush at the time, and the 8Gb card was like €35, and the 16Gb one was like €60, and you'd fill the 8Gb one with 2 full games.

It was a great little console, but the card system let it down.

Vita memory card prices were just greed by Sony. They were probably just standard flash memory with proprietary security.

Doubt that is what killed it. It was pretty much dead on launch. Sony did not know what to do with the system in a world of mobile phones but it was too far into development to cancel so they released it into the wild with barely any support or marketing. I didn't know it existed until just before release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Where’s the next assassins creed location?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement