Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Council - Bin Collection Privatised/Greyhound Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

TishyO wrote: »
    I'm in D9 and our black/brown bins are usually collected on a Tuesday (green on a Monday). Still haven't recieived any notification yet. So do I put my bin out tomorrow.

I hope this is not a indication of the service we can expect for Greyhound in the future.

Whereabouts in D9 are you? I'm near Collins Avenue, but I guess, they had different days in other areas of D9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Sacksian wrote: »
    This is a day earlier than DCC, right? I'm in D7 and our bins are always collected Wednesday but, after checking the website, it looks like Greyhound is on Tuesday. The leaflet that came through the door from them says: "no change to collection dates for 2012".

Must be different days even in the same postal areas, we were green on a Monday (all the bins still out today no collection) and the other 2 on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RosieP

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Yes, From what my father has told me, DCC gave Greyhound the books so they know exactly who owes what and where they are. Greyhound will be pursing all outstanding balances.

They are already down money from buying the contract off DCC and they will do whatevers necessary to recoup lost revenue. If people taught DCC where rutless they've seen nothing yet.

According to Greyhound's website:
    "Customers in credit with DCC on January 16th will need to contact DCC Revenue Unit to make alternative arrangements – Outstanding Credit will not transfer to Greyhound Recycling & Recovery".

So they're taking over any outstanding debts but not any credit on an account!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Dodge wrote: »
    I'm almost certain Ozo and Panda also collect in Inchicore. No harm in calling all the companies

I am with ozo and they swing by every fri for the black (ie blue) bin.

I am on a 26 lift plan, ostensibly I get it collected every 2 weeks. What actually seems to happen in practise is that I can put my bin out any friday I like so long as I don't do it > 26 times in the year, so no agonising if I forget a fri and bin is nearly full.

Green (orange) bins get collected every fortnight.

They are HQ in inchicore so surely collect there. No issues with them so far. You cannot access any info online btw except timetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Lars1916 wrote: »

Whereabouts in D9 are you? I'm near Collins Avenue, but I guess, they had different days in other areas of D9

Near Collins Ave myself. Looks like there will be a lot of confusion over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my brown bin is due to go out tomorrow and the green on Thursday.

have the days changed?

Near Collins Ave myself. Looks like there will be a lot of confusion over the next few weeks.

Don't know, maybe we are on different sides of Collins Avenue? ;)

Anyway, apart from all confusion, the main thing which strikes me still is, that we have no choices on the Nortside :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

irishbird wrote: »
    my brown bin is due to go out tomorrow and the green on Thursday.

have the days changed?

Mine was the same but it's a Monday now I think, my neighbours had theirs out this morning, but I don't if they were emptied. I only got my letter on Friday, too short notice to get the €100 paid by 7 am this morning :rolleyes: my bin is already full.

This whole thing is really awkward for the renters out there. I'm going to have a row with the management company now to get them to pay the yearly fee cause I'll be gone from here in March, don't fancy paying for next tenants bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johanna57

olaola wrote: »
    I'm RAGING! We never recieved ANY notification about this. Our bins are full, and if we had ANY notice - we could have had them emptied to keep us going until we sorted out the new provider. Now God knows when they'll be collected.

I'm in D8 - does anyone know if Greyhound is the only option?

Thortons collect in Rialto but not in all areas on Southside they want 50 Euro service charge up front

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

My bins (bags) are usually collected on Mondays. Echlin st, D8. Nothing collected today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Dublin 7 Green bags usually collected Monday every fortnight - roads still full of green bags not collected. No info from greyhound or DCC.
    Can't see anything on their website.
    What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

I'm in D12, my black bin was collected today by Greyhound, brown bin wasn't.
    I haven't opened an account with Greyhound.

Aside from having to pay a year up-front, the thing that annoys me the most is you've to sign up to a yearly contract and they can change the rates half-way through. I wonder will they refund if you leave after X months.

gambiaman wrote: »
    Dublin 7 Green bags usually collected Monday every fortnight - roads still full of green bags not collected. No info from greyhound or DCC.
    What a joke.

They might call that 'teething problems' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I'm D11 (Phibs-Finglas-Glasnevin area) and the calendar we already have says today is Green Bin day (as it has been for quite a while) but it doesn't look like they've collected anyones, still nothing in the post about how to pay them in future or any indication that the day has changed

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johanna57

A Disgrace wrote: »
    My bins (bags) are usually collected on Mondays. Echlin st, D8. Nothing collected today.

I noticed that bags with bin tags were not collected on our Road even though bins were, maybe they are not going to collect bags heard on Joe Duffy that bags were left on East Wall Road, also Greyhound don't refund if you switch during year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Strangle lack of bins put out on Crumlin Rd ,Herberton Road today for the new collection day .

Both those roads got their letters on Thursday and Friday .

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭alentejo

So disgusted about this that I have signed up with Thorntons (KCR area of Dublin). I think DCC handling of this issue is disgraceful.

I dont have an issue paying for bins, but I think the terms and conditions of the business transfer are disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

doesn't work like that unfortunately. It's not feasible to have company x collect your bin, company y your neighbours bin and company z the next guys bin. trucks would be driving all over the city to collect individual bins. It wont happen for cost and logistical reasons. They're not going to collect 100 bins in ballymun, 200 in clontarf and 300 in sandymount. They'd be driving around 24/7 doing that with no stability to allow them to increase their fleet. A month down the road they could have doube or half the amount of customers but with a blanket catchment area they can build a fleet to work the area as efficiently as possible. QUOTE]

Really feel for the folk being affected here. I live in an estate in Newbridge which has 250 houses, and we have FIVE different bin companies collecting - not all on the same day, but they all visit at least once/week.

alentejo wrote: »
    So disgusted about this that I have signed up with Thorntons (KCR area of Dublin). I think DCC handling of this issue is disgraceful.

I dont have an issue paying for bins, but I think the terms and conditions of the business transfer are disgraceful.

I don't mid paying for a decent service either. But I would prefer to have a choice between different companies (like with TV, phone, electricity, etc). This did not happen, so I give myself every right to be suspicious at last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

They've been rapped over the knuckles that many times for previous 'teething' troubles (according to local councillors newsletters in the past) I'm surprsied and disappointed this company have been given virtual carte blanche in the city centre at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

gambiaman wrote: »
    What a joke.

I was Monday green bin too (Navan road) that's changed to Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭DecTenToo

Err, is it me or has the login on the greyhound page vanished? It appears that if you try their website, there is no obvious way for DCC customers to currently log on and create an account on line?

DecTenToo wrote: »
    Err, is it me or has the login on the greyhound page vanished? It appears that if you try their website, there is no obvious way for DCC customers to currently log on and create an account on line?

It works for me though ;)

Hmm, so

1 http://greyhound.ie/
    2 Select the DCC login - returns http://greyhoundrecycling.com/dcc/
    3 Is there a link to create an account or sign-in?

If you use the SDC login to redirect to https://payment.greyhound.ie/pay/ does your DCC account work?

I've tried this using IE, Chrome and FF ... might be a major PEBCAK moment, but I don't think so :-)

Blind as a bat ... oh honestly .... muppet I am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Emma1980

Anyone know the answer to someone's earlier question - if you pay the 100euro up front then decide to move to another provider, are you refunded for x amount of months?
    I moved to Thorntons for a short time but went back to DCC - no problems with Thorntons other than that they come around in the afternoon. I work so don't want to have to leave the bin out all day unattended - numerous times i came home from work to find the bin in the middle of the road and the cars overtaking it!!
    Greyhound in fairness are excellant with the Green Bin service so hopefully all will go well with the Black Bin service. Haven't received any information pack yet though!

Also, my black bin is due to be collected either tomorrow or Wednesday - unsure looking at the website - does that mean i won't be getting any bin collected this week as i haven't registered due to not receiving any information in order to register??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Don't know, maybe we are on different sides of Collins Avenue? ;)

Anyway, apart from all confusion, the main thing which strikes me still is, that we have no choices on the Nortside :mad:

I'm on the Malahide Road end. :)

There are 4 or 5 companies on the southside, maybe they will now expand into the northside. Is there terms and conditions on the website? If you leave during the year are you entitled to a refund.

I want my letter I hate not knowing what is happening!!!:mad:

I'm on the Malahide Road end. :)

There are 4 or 5 companies on the southside, maybe they will now expand into the northside. Is there terms and conditions on the website? If you leave during the year are you entitled to a refund.

I want my letter I hate not knowing what is happening!!!:mad:

I'm near the Malahide Road end, and I got the letter today. Hopefully, you have it tomorrow.

Anyway, if you go on 'Terms and Conditions', the website stops working...for what reason ever :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Mercurius

Has anyone else noticed DCC removing the street bins?

A lot of the ones around Ranelagh have disappeared this week.

What a cluster****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Mercurius wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed DCC removing the street bins?

A lot of the ones around Ranelagh have disappeared this week.

What a cluster****.

The street litter bruscali ? Shurely not !

Advertisement