Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland (IRL Pace) [** SPOILERS **]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I have to wonder how the 2nd series will play out, given what happened at the end.
    There's no way they'll drop Claire Danes, not after all the glowing reviews for her performance and her Emmy win. But her character has, after all, been fired from the CIA, and there's no realistic way they'll take her back. Her main asset was her mind, and even if the therapy works, they'll never be able to trust her again. My guess: she is taken on by some non-governmental organisation, some unsanctioned covert intelligence group ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

bnt wrote: »
    I have to wonder how the 2nd series will play out, given what happened at the end.
    There's no way they'll drop Claire Danes, not after all the glowing reviews for her performance and her Emmy win. But her character has, after all, been fired from the CIA, and there's no realistic way they'll take her back. Her main asset was her mind, and even if the therapy works, they'll never be able to trust her again. My guess: she is taken on by some non-governmental organisation, some unsanctioned covert intelligence group ...
    She's coming back alright, I'm assuming that she could still act as a consultant for investigations.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi
    How can u remove “spoilers“ to read what has been posted

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi
    How can u remove “spoilers“ to read what has been posted

Thanks
    Move the cursor to the start of the redacted part, press the button on the mouse and drag the cursor across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭jmcc

endakenny wrote: »
    Move the cursor to the start of the redacted part, press the button on the mouse and drag the cursor across it.
    If only they could have done that with the drone report. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Flashgordon197

Just watched the end of this series. Im a bit disappointed. I think spinning this into a second series is a bad idea. It seems like a one season idea/show. I found the last few episodes dragging quite a bit. It was building up then nothing!
    Does anybody else feel this way??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just watched the end of this series. Im a bit disappointed. I think spinning this into a second series is a bad idea. It seems like a one season idea/show. I found the last few episodes dragging quite a bit. It was building up then nothing!

Felt the same myself. Was expecting alot more tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

jmcc wrote: »
    If only they could have done that with the drone report. :)

Regards...jmcc
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I have enjoyed this show. Look forward to season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

don ramo wrote: »
    yes its been renewed for a second season,
    Gaa_ wrote: »
    Hope thers a series 2
    ahem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, it just ground to a halt compared to earlier episodes the ending wasn't anywhere near as nail-biting as i would have liked. But overall, enjoyed the series. Need something to keep me busy till it comes out again in September (i hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

He makes Senator / possibly VP in season 2, definitely makes it to a high ranking committee - dodges some of the debris left over from Season 1 - expect a very cute journalist to be on his tail (brunette, blue eyes...I hope).

Season 2 - newly ensconsed in the White House a smarter journalist is on the tail of the recently deceased journo from season 2. Some now disgraced Intelligence bods help her in her cause (she also gets naked with Damien Lewis) before he commits suicide and avoids disgrace.

This is assuming House of Cards doesn't take off in the US or else they will have to use their imagination.

Just my fourpence.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭8mv

I enjoyed the final episode. The only way to end it to my total satisfaction would have left no possibility of a second season. But as I suspected there was always going to be at least a second season, this ending was the next best thing. Thought Claire Danes and Damien Lewis were great, but Mandy Patinkin is the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

I dunno what to think of that ending... :(

Yeah. Explained some but not all. Lots of loose ends hanging. Or maybe I missed something.

Did we ever find out
    who tipped off Walker about the setup meeting so that he could send in a substitute and detonate a bomb remotely?

There has to be a mole but he (or she) hasn't been revealed yet.

And it's a bit of an unsatisfactory loose thread letting that hang over to another series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Yeah. Explained some but not all. Lots of loose ends hanging. Or maybe I missed something.

Did we ever find out
    who tipped off Walker about the setup meeting so that he could send in a substitute and detonate a bomb remotely?

There has to be a mole but he (or she) hasn't been revealed yet.

And it's a bit of an unsatisfactory loose thread letting that hang over to another series.

My money is on Saul to be the mole, I would be surprised if Im still watching when the mole is revealed tho. Its not that good of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭lukin

Enjoyed the series but the whole thing of Brody
    "he's a terrorist, no he's not, hang on actually he is" was a bit too 24-ish for me (very reminiscent of Tony Almeida in Seaosn 7). Also the yet to be revealed mole in the CIA was pure 24.
    Was also disappointed at how Carrie
    prevented the explosion but it was not revealed to anyone (even herself) so she will not get the credit for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Wouldn't be shocked to see Nina Meyers or Jack Bauer popping up at some stage.

I was hugely disappointed with this series overall - it started very well but has gone down the very well worn path of '24' in terms of plot.

The last episode was a bit of a joke really - it was fun entertainment up to a point but just got ridiculous - ie. the call from his daughter just as he was about to push the trigger.

Claire Daines is excellent in it though. The 2nd series could be interesting if they keep away from the '24' style plot drivers (moles, key witnesses/targets getting killed just as they're about to solve the case etc) but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I was hugely disappointed with this series overall - it started very well but has gone down the very well worn path of '24' in terms of plot.

The 2nd series could be interesting if they keep away from the '24' style plot drivers (moles, key witnesses/targets getting killed just as they're about to solve the case etc) but I doubt it.

Not so sure I agree. Sure some of the elements are the same as it's a tv show based around CIA/counter terrorism so of course you're going to have moles, witnesses etc. But broadly speaking the characters in 24 very much took the 'shoot first ask questions later' approach but Homeland it's much more based around gathering info/intel etc. although some exceptions
    e.g. shootings in the mosque whihc was FBI agents and not CIA

I will watch a second series of Homeland but I do hope that it doesn't drag out for too long. I loved the first 2 or 3 series of 24 but then gave up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

I will watch a second series of Homeland but I do hope that it doesn't drag out for too long. I loved the first 2 or 3 series of 24 but then gave up on it.

From an interview with executive producers Alex Gansa and Howard Gordon
    Do you see this series as ending at a set time after a few seasons and telling one complete story, like some limited-run British series or HBO’s “Rome”?

Gordon: I think as long as your characters have a story to tell, I think the show will have life to it. As long as they’re moving forward and carrying their baggage and history with them. I think the show has got an edge because it’s about the CIA, so there’s no reason for it to stop unless it’s out of gas.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/12/20/homeland-producers-spill-secrets-of-the-second-season/

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Thanks for that
    brian_t wrote: »
    so there’s no reason for it to stop unless it’s out of gas.

and that's the crux of it, whether it runs out of gas or not

• Advertisement

Homeland season two 'remarkable'
    Howard Gordon has been doing with Homeland what he used to do with 24; hyping up the new season way before its premier.
    It usually turned out to be a false dawn with 24, remains to be seen if that will be the case with Homeland.
    Don't read the link if you haven't seen the entire season one.
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0523/homeland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 2 starts on RTE 2 on Tuesday the 2nd of October 2012 at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Penfailed

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Season 2 starts on RTE 2 on Tuesday the 2nd of October 2012 at 9pm

...and it was excellent :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Homeland new season starts on RTE 2 at 9pm on Tuesday 6th October

Last season surprised a lot with how good it was considering
    the loss of Brody from the season before
    They will be hard-pressed to repeat that this season. Particularly as it is set in Berlin.

Advertisement