Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland (IRL Pace) [** SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

tvnutz wrote: »
    There was a view of the helicopter landing pad from the house where a sniper would have view of the landing pad. It was a pad reserved for Marine One, i.e the President or Vice President's copter.

Yes Walker was the man who visited them...

Ah ok thanks. :) Were they just guessing that the house was going to be used as a sniper position or did that blonde lady tell them that?

I wonder why Brody told Carrie he beat Walker to death! Obviously didn't. Maybe they're working together? Maybe Brody has been turned as well but he doesn't know it yet :pac:

decent tv show anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Ah ok thanks. :) Were they just guessing that the house was going to be used as a sniper position or did that blonde lady tell them that?

She told 'em Walker had checked out the roof - the agent then confirmed a clear line of sight to the helipad, so they put 2+2 together.
    I wonder why Brody told Carrie he beat Walker to death!

He genuinely thought he had done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I think there's room for plently more twists.

We've just seen episode 7 of a 12 episode series. Surely it's too early for the final "villain" to have been revealed. I'm still not convinced that there isn't a pair of turned former captives.

Am fighting with myself not to enter the US pace thread and see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I thought the way they handled the
    'reveal' that Brody was not the turned POW was pretty weak

I am pretty sure the first thing the girl would have given
    was a general description of the visitor
    ...how did Saul not get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Agreed - I'm a bit disappointed with the Walker situation. It's a bit of a deus ex machina to bring a guy back from the dead and switch the whole focus of the plot on a dime. I'm also confused about Brodie's involvement there: was that a lie, or did he genuinely think he had killed Walker?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He could have been mislead into thinking he killed Walker so he'll come back to the US, tell everyone Walker is dead and Walker can go about practically unhindered. But they could also be working as a team, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He could have been mislead into thinking he killed Walker so he'll come back to the US, tell everyone Walker is dead and Walker can go about practically unhindered. But they could also be working as a team, who knows.

well sure, although in some ways we shouyld have expected a twist as they have been pointing tp Brody fairly bluntly from the start

my point was more about the attempt to create the impression that the girl was about to reveal Brody as the visitor to the house via a sketch artist....in reality the first words out of her were likely to be
    'some black man came to the house'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The reason I think everything was so pointed at Brody was to reflect what Carrie thought. It would be pretty boring if we knew everything from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭lukin

Really getting into this now. I wonder what purpose Brody will serve to the plot now that
    we know he is not the sleeper
    ? It makes sense that he would develop "Stockholm Syndrome" after 8 years in capitivity. Also not that unbelievable that he would become a Muslim.
    One slight red herring from Carrie's polygraph test; she went down on the question whether she had used illegal drugs since she started working for the CIA but this was not brought up later. Surely the tester would have reported this and she could be in trouble?

Twistastic !!!!!!

(but not that unexpected). :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The "Dick Johnson" scandal mentioned in E8 must be a direct reference to the Anthony Weiner "sexting" scandal of 2011. Yes, there is a US Congressman named "Weiner"...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's not on the RTE Player...:confused:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

Penfailed wrote: »
    It's not on the RTE Player...:confused:

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1139766

This was last Fridays episode.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Irish Viewers might be interested in this post in the USA Homeland thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77539636&postcount=234

There is NO spoilers.
    The link above will only take you to ONE post - and thus not reveal even by accident of viewing, other posts above or below which usually might have spoilers.
    Enjoy.

brian_t wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1139766

This was last Fridays episode.

It's not working for me. I'm getting this message -

"The content you are trying to access is not currently available for viewing, as it has expired, been removed, or is restricted to another territory."

:confused:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

My original link works for me.

I notice that when you quote my link the "!" becomes "%21".

Try clicking on Homeland in the RTE Players "most popular" list. This also brings me to the most recent episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭lukin

bnt wrote: »
    The "Dick Johnson" scandal mentioned in E8 must be a direct reference to the Anthony Weiner "sexting" scandal of 2011. Yes, there is a US Congressman named "Weiner"...

There an American called Walker who was in Al-Qaeda too except he wasn't a soldier;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Walker_Lindh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

Penfailed wrote: »
    It's not working for me. I'm getting this message -

"The content you are trying to access is not currently available for viewing, as it has expired, been removed, or is restricted to another territory."

:confused:

That message came up on my screen last week and I did what I do in all technical situations... switched off the internet and turned it back on again. It worked :D

brian_t wrote: »
    Try clicking on Homeland in the RTE Players "most popular" list. This also brings me to the most recent episode.

It's not showing on the Most Popular list on my computer...and even when I use the search facility, it comes back with "0 matches were found for Homeland." :confused:
    vamos! wrote: »
    That message came up on my screen last week and I did what I do in all technical situations... switched off the internet and turned it back on again. It worked :D

I tried that...it didn't work :(

I don't know what is going on with your pc.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#s=search&q=homeland

shows up 3 results - the last 3 weeks episodes for me.

On the main screen on the bottom right homeland is in the top 10.

I suspect you are viewing a cached version of the page - delete your history / cookies and try again.

Edit: Or your IP address is showing as outside of Ireland and you are seeing a non national version of the player.

• Advertisement

I suspect you are viewing a cached version of the page - delete your history / cookies and try again.

Tried that. No good :(
    Edit: Or your IP address is showing as outside of Ireland and you are seeing a non national version of the player.

How do I check this? I watched last weeks on the RTE Player without any issues :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Is tonights episode a double bill? I think i read on one of the Sunday TV mags that it was but my Sky+ just says its a single ep.

den87 wrote: »
    Is tonights episode a double bill? I think i read on one of the Sunday TV mags that it was but my Sky+ just says its a single ep.

Only one episode tonight.

A double bill next Friday.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/listings_rtetwo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Don't watch the RTE advert this week episodes as it should come with a spoiler warning.

McSpud wrote: »
    Don't watch the RTE advert this week episodes as it should come with a spoiler warning.

+1

Way too much shown

Can't wait for this !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I dunno what to think of that ending... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

I dunno what to think of that ending... :(
    For a moment, it felt like a damp squib. Did you know that there's another series of Homeland coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

endakenny wrote: »
    For a moment, it felt like a damp squib. Did you know that there's another series of Homeland coming?

Its still in production isnt it?? Im enjoying it but it gets to a point where
    how far can they stretch it out... Id say 2 more series at the most..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

endakenny wrote: »
    yes its been renewed for a second season,

Advertisement