Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland (IRL Pace) [** SPOILERS **]

Options
  • 09-01-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭

This thread it for discussing the show as it airs on RTÉ... if you've already seen the show's first season - please discuss it here! (RTÉ Viewers - BE WARNED, this link does contain discussion of the first series in it's entirety, so I'd advise against clicking it!)

Just saw this advertised a moment ago..

.. starting at 9.35pm on Friday on RTÉ2.

Hands down, the best new series out of the US this year.

Recommend everyone sets their Sky+ now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone want to give me a crack on the head so I can watch this again for the first time?
    Sky+ it, you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1796960/
    Seems decent. Might try it out but will forget and end up getting the boxet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Just finished watching it online, excellent show, already can't wait for the next season.

Plus I really liked Damian Lewis from Band of Brothers and Life, great to see him back in action again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

curry-muff wrote: »
    Just finished watching it online, excellent show, already can't wait for the next season.

Plus I really liked Damian Lewis from Band of Brothers and Life, great to see him back in action again.

Claire Danes is also great in her role, I was a against her in this type of role before the show started but she proved me wrong she excels as Carrie imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Can't wait to start this tonight, I've heard nothing but positive reviews!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Great! Something else I'll record and never get to see :D:(

To say I'm behind is an understatement....
    I'm eight episodes behind Boardwalk season 2 and only just finished Mad Men season 4.......one series behind Brothers and Sisters (well done RTE - show the final series two years after the last series and just when I bought the wife the boxset for xmas :mad:), two episodes into Breaking Bad season 1 and belieive it or not just started The Wire last night!

Oh yeah - gave up on Six Feet Under half way though season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Great! Something else I'll record and never get to see :D:(

To say I'm behind is an understatement....
    I'm eight episodes behind Boardwalk season 2 and only just finished Mad Men season 4.......one series behind Brothers and Sisters (well done RTE - show the final series two years after the last series and just when I bought the wife the boxset for xmas :mad:), two episodes into Breaking Bad season 1 and belieive it or not just started The Wire last night!

Oh yeah - gave up on Six Feet Under half way though season 3

Ah don't give up man.. Every time I catch up on a series, I'm suddenly introduced to something new! Homeland season 1 only has 12 episodes, so watch a few at a time and you'll be hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Strange time slot for this show, deserves a better weeknight than Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

McSpud wrote: »
    Strange time slot for this show, deserves a better weeknight than Friday.
    It's on RTÉ...

.. just be thankful it's not on at 2am! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Basq wrote: »
    It's on RTÉ...

.. just be thankful it's not on at 2am! ;)

Reminds me the way they used to start West Wing series at maybe 10.30 but would gradually creep to possibly the far side of 11.30. RTE explained it by saying it had a loyal audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭richiebceltic

It's a super series , must have watched all 12 in the space of a few evenings in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Excellent looking. Characters seem pretty interesting to say the least. Really looking forward to next week now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Damien Lewis is making a handy living playing Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Finding it so hard not to read spoilers! Not usually a show I would go for but really like it.

Love the idea that Carrie is a slightly unhinged, make it all the more compelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I enjoyed the first episode, actually think it's a good time to be on.

I'm pretty slow catching up on new shows since 24 and lost :)

Just started watching Dexter as well and really enjoying that too. Must start breaking bad as well as I've heard good things.

I have watched the first few episodes of Fringe and The Wire but struggling to keep interest though

• Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tip: try and avoid spoilers for this show. You'll thank me later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Looks a quality meaty show, with good performances and a strong story arc.

Looking forward to Episode 2 and beyond!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Any idea if RTE will repeat it any night, why didn't they put it on midweek, possibly on a Wednesday instead of 2 CSI's

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gottalovegreys

I set my UPC box to record it, and it didn't (even though ep 2 is set on the planner?)

Anyway, have flicked thru trying to find a repeat of episode 1, no luck. Anyone spotted it?

Thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Repeats on RTÉ are getting increasingly less common...

... RTÉ Player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Yeah it is available on RTÉ player, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gottalovegreys

... RTÉ Player?

Never thought of that, thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

It's a super series , must have watched all 12 in the space of a few evenings in November.

Stupid question
    How did you manage that?
    Did you watch it online? If so whats the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

... RTÉ Player?

They repeat Greys Anatomy and Desperate Housewives and even Pan Am so they might repeat Homeland but probably best to try RTE player in case there isnt one

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Pilot episode looked good... hope it continues like that.
    mike65 wrote: »
    Damien Lewis is making a handy living playing Americans.

Not a big fan of Mr Lewis tbh, when I saw him for the first time on the programme I said ahh not this lad... but Morena Baccarin..... yum yum yum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

kop77 wrote: »
    Pilot episode looked good... hope it continues like that.

Not a big fan of Mr Lewis tbh, when I saw him for the first time on the programme I said ahh not this lad... but Morena Baccarin..... yum yum yum :D

He plays one of my favourite characters ever in Band of Brothers. Thought he was great in it.

Homeland looks very promising so far. I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into both that and Luck which looked extremely promising from the pilot I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

He plays one of my favourite characters ever in Band of Brothers. Thought he was great in it.

Homeland looks very promising so far. I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into both that and Luck which looked extremely promising from the pilot I saw.

Same for me, he was excellent in it, that kind of role really suited him.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

golfnut1 wrote: »
    Stupid question
    How did you manage that?
    Did you watch it online? If so whats the website?

i watched it via <MODSNIP> but I 'd say there's loads of ways!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I've only seen the first episode, but I can't wait for the next one. It's going down well with the critics, too: at last night's Golden Globes, it won Best TV Series - Drama, and Claire Danes won Best Actress - Drama.

I've liked Claire ever since I saw her in Romeo + Juliet, I think it's about it's about time she picked up something for her mantelpiece. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

bnt wrote: »
    I've liked Claire ever since I saw her in Romeo + Juliet, I think it's about it's about time she picked up something for her mantelpiece. :cool:
    thats her 3rd, she only won one last year for temple grandin :D

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000132/awards

Advertisement