Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland (IRL Pace) [** SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Thanks for the link to the RTE player...

Looks a really interesting series that could keep us all glued for months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

With all the praise I heard about this I was expecting to be blown away by the pilot.

It was decent but not anything amazing.

Thought some of the exposition was a bit clumsy. Lines like "David you're the CIA deputy director, you can do this!" in the opening scene nearly made me turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Can someone please PM me a link so i can watch the rest of series 1... i cant wait to watch how this unfolds.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Infraction for krustydoyle..

.. requesting links is against our charter.

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

Already watched this from when it was on in America last autumn, but would definitely recommend it to anyone who has yet to see it.

Probably one of the best shows to come out of America since The Sopranos, and as mentioned features Damian Lewis (Maj. Winters from Band of Brothers) as the lead role.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I finished watching the first season of this last night.
    Really keeps you on the edge of your seat.
    Claire is excellent in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I have watched the first 4 episodes and would describe the show as nothing more than fluff tv. It's like 24, they just give you enough string to keep you tuning in next week, but it's so formulaic in a way. None of the characters are particularly believable, Claire Danes is a bad actress with a limited range and the dialogue is so banal. Damian Lewis is probably the best thing in it (Mandy Patinkin is better than all of them but wasted), even if he does sound like a young Liam Neeson with his American twang. I also think the show got off to a bad start as Claire Danes suspicions are not really justified straight off the bat. They should have built to it in the mid-season (although they did have to make the pilot exciting i'm sure!). Also, Damian's wife is far too attractive to be believable in the role. They cast a 30 year old actress to play mum to 2 teenagers and she looks like a fricking model. Bad casting, although she is hot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

This is a fantastic show, the thing that kept me coming back was the acting. Claire Danes is a very good actress, after watching Ep 11 I knew the Golden Globe was in the bag, she really does put in a great performance throughout the series. Damien Lewis is brilliant as always, seriously underrated actor. Mandy Patinkin is the man. I do agree that Damien's wife is outrageously hot but that’s a bonus to me. I cant wait for series 2 but it will be interesting to see what direction the show goes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Bugger that I thought it was starting this friday not last friday. Will I be lost if I jump in at the second epsiode?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

No not really, they do a recap at the start of the episodes anyway... As long as you know the bare bones of what it is about! :)

• Advertisement

tunguska wrote: »
    Bugger that I thought it was starting this friday not last friday. Will I be lost if I jump in at the second epsiode?
    Um, yes.

Just watch on the RTÉ Player.

tunguska wrote: »
    Um, yes.

Just watch on the RTÉ Player.

I'd like to remind people that this discussion thread is "IRL Pace" (i.e discussing the show as it airs on RTÉ).

Please do not comment if you have seen the series already, or watched ahead elsewhere.

Also added Spoiler Tags to the title, so these episodes as they air on RTÉ can be discussed without spoiler tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Basq wrote: »
    I'd like to remind people that this discussion thread is "IRL Pace" (i.e discussing the show as it airs on RTÉ).

Please do not comment if you have seen the series already, or watched ahead elsewhere.

Also added Spoiler Tags to the title, so these episodes as they air on RTÉ can be discussed without spoiler tags.
    Maybe a link to the other thread in the OP might help Basq? Probably not though.

Maybe a link to the other thread in the OP might help Basq? Probably not though.
    Yeah, will give it a shot. Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

really looking forward to tonights episode, though the first one was excellent... Yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Just put on my sky plus recording of homeland no sound there is sound for ads and start of damages but nothing for homeland & no mention of it on rte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Sparko

That's unusual, just watched my recording of it there and it was fine.

Weird I have ads & the start if damages has sound & the entire damages programme is completely mute

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Weird I have ads & the start if damages has sound & the entire damages programme is completely mute

Check your scart leads are in properly. I recorded it and it was fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Just put on my sky plus recording of homeland no sound there is sound for ads and start of damages but nothing for homeland & no mention of it on rte

Same for me. Thought it must have been an RTE problem as there was sound for everything bar what I wanted to watch. Just have to use the player so. Hope it's not going to be an ongoing issue though, don't like watching stuff on the laptop.

Glad I was not the only one - rebooted my box and all other shows fine and ads had sound but not the programme - happened to another person I know and then another friend had sound strange wonder if it is a sky problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

Glad I was not the only one - rebooted my box and all other shows fine and ads had sound but not the programme - happened to another person I know and then another friend had sound strange wonder if it is a sky problem?

It might be worth posting a query in the Satellite forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Watched the first three episodes today and was dying to see the fourth one on RTÉ tonight, but it's not on cause of the boxing. For fúck sake RTÉ, could ye not have just put it on after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Really annoyed that they chose to schedule this on at the same time as The Late Late Show... They should put it on Wednesday night's instead of those crap chic flicks they show a thousand times over..

I cant watch Band Of Brothers the same way any more, without thinking that Captain Winters was probably colluding with the Krauts.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Is this on tonight ?

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Is this on tonight ?

No it resumes again next week at 9.50pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Penfailed

brian_t wrote: »
    No it resumes again next week at 9.50pm

Are you sure? It shows Rugby and then The Big C on next week in the RTE Guide... :confused:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Are you sure? It shows Rugby and then The Big C on next week in the RTE Guide... :confused:

Rabodirect Pro12 RTÉ Two
    Friday 10th February 2012 19:00 to 21:15 (starting in 6 days)

Daire O'Brien will be joined by Brent Pope and Alan Quinlan for live Rabodirect PRO12 coverage as Ulster face the Dragons at Ravenhill. The match kicks off at 7.05pm with commentary by Hugh Cahill and Frankie Sheahan.

The Big C RTÉ Two
    Friday 10th February 2012 21:15 to 21:50 (starting in 6 days)

Boo!. Series 2, episode 4.
    With her clinical trial about to get underway, Cathy is beset by one problem after another. And as he prepares for Halloween, Sean worries that his house is being haunted by its late owner, Marlene.

Homeland RTÉ Two
    Friday 10th February 2012 21:50 to 22:50 (starting in 7 days)

Semper 1.
    With the warrant running out of time, Carrie's team must pull all video surveillance from the Brody house, but Carrie can't seem to let go.
    (Part 4)
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv
    Copyright GipsyMedia Ltd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Next week's Guide shows Rugby 7 - 9:15, then The Big C 9:15 - 10:35, then Damages 10:35 - 11:45...:confused:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement