Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running with the birds or for the birds?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

so sorry the race didn't go to plan for Mr Stew. Time to rest up and relax!! Tough day overall for the Irish gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Thanks so much for all the well-wishes....
    Mr Stew just phoned me from the pub and things don't seem so bad now that he's got his beer goggles on:D It's only a matter of time before I get the text with his comeback marathon plan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Marthastew wrote: »
    Thanks so much for all the well-wishes....
    Mr Stew just phoned me from the pub and things don't seem so bad now that he's got his beer goggles on:D It's only a matter of time before I get the text with his comeback marathon plan:)

Portumna in June!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

belcarra - hows the form with the rest of the boys?

belcarra - hows the form with the rest of the boys?

Mr S was with BeepBeep and blocky and they were doing fine.

Belcara; I'm pretty sure Mr S is leaning towards Kildare. And shouldn't you be drowning your sorrows in Copper Face Jacks with the Mayo fans?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Condolances to Mr S - but sounds like a good run given the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Rotterdam seemed to take it's toll on lots of people yesterday. Scary reading the reports. Hope Mr Stew is doing ok.

Best of luck for the rest of the week, and I'll see you at the Strand, Sunday am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Heard all the stories about Rotterdam yesterday :(. I've no doubt Mr Stew will bounce back and have another marathon plan before you know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Marthastew wrote: »
    Belcara; I'm pretty sure Mr S is leaning towards Kildare. And shouldn't you be drowning your sorrows in Copper Face Jacks with the Mayo fans?;)

Booo!!! Too soon! ;)

Mr.S was very philosophical afterwards and I'm sure he understands it was just one of 'those' races. He'll be back flying in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

That's a shame things didn't work out for Mr Stew. I'm sure he knows but he'll have better days.

So does this mean you'll not only be aiming for a personal PB, but setting the marker for the Stew family best next weekend or do you already hold the title?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Please pass on my congrats to Mr.S for digging out a great time in tough conditions. It's a credit to both of you running so well all year that the mood is somber after a sub3:30! He'll be back..very soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

O you are going to have to rename this log to "Living with the Stews" and get Mr S to contribute to some reports :D

Gutted for him last Sunday but here's hoping your run goes to plan this Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Hope all is well in the stew household, and you are all set and ready to go :) See you Sunday am for the start of the adventure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

O, I was going to say no point in wishing you 'good luck' as I know you'll do an amazing race, have a super duper smiley 26.2 miles, get a new PB and write up an epic race report.
    After the last few weeks of marathons, I know nothing is set in stone and we really don't know what will happen to any one of us, but in your case it won't be for want of trying.
    Have a great time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Best of luck in London MS. Will set aside a day to read the report :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Think I might have seen you last night bouncing along the N11...or else a lookalike! Tried to catch up with you but the legs wouldn't co-operate. :)

Very Best of luck to you in London. You'll have a brilliant race and hope you get what you deserve. Mr. Stews turn to mind the house. Make the most of the break!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Best of luck MS, hope you achieve all that your hard work and dedication deserve.

That's a shame things didn't work out for Mr Stew. I'm sure he knows but he'll have better days.

So does this mean you'll not only be aiming for a personal PB, but setting the marker for the Stew family best next weekend or do you already hold the title?!

Mr Stew holds the PB title (3.19 DCM last year) so I hope to be able to better the Stew Family marathon PB, I'm sure if when I do it won't be long before Mr S betters it.
    Alicano wrote: »
    Please pass on my congrats to Mr.S for digging out a great time in tough conditions. It's a credit to both of you running so well all year that the mood is somber after a sub3:30! He'll be back..very soon :)

Have you found a marathon yet for those speedy legs of yours?;)
    Kildare on May 12th?
    O you are going to have to rename this log to "Living with the Stews" and get Mr S to contribute to some reports :D

Gutted for him last Sunday but here's hoping your run goes to plan this Sunday.

Living with the Stews does have a certain ring to it:)
    So glad you are back and I'm keeping fingers, toes and everything crossed for you:)
    RubyK wrote: »
    Hope all is well in the stew household, and you are all set and ready to go :) See you Sunday am for the start of the adventure :D

I wish I could fast forward to Sunday morning, or at least Saturday when I'm in the airport. We are going to have an amazing day:D
    jcsmum wrote: »
    O, I was going to say no point in wishing you 'good luck' as I know you'll do an amazing race, have a super duper smiley 26.2 miles, get a new PB and write up an epic race report.
    After the last few weeks of marathons, I know nothing is set in stone and we really don't know what will happen to any one of us, but in your case it won't be for want of trying.
    Have a great time! :)

Rotterdam was a sobering tale for all of is chasing marathon PBs and then Boston brought all that into perspective and left us all shocked and horrified. I read a great article recently that sums up a lot of what most of us feel
    http://www.alastairhumphreys.com/the-boston-marathon-and-the-importance-of-sport/

I plan to cheer as loud as I can and run as hard as I can on Sunday:D
    kit3 wrote: »
    Best of luck in London MS. Will set aside a day to read the report :)
    I'll do my best to do the day justice with a good report as soon as the hangover fades
    blockic wrote: »
    Think I might have seen you last night bouncing along the N11...or else a lookalike! Tried to catch up with you but the legs wouldn't co-operate. :)

Very Best of luck to you in London. You'll have a brilliant race and hope you get what you deserve. Mr. Stews turn to mind the house. Make the most of the break!

Lucky you didn't catch her, it definitely wasn't me as Wednesday evening is Community games coaching and I was coaching 40 teenage girls (easy Digger;))
    sideswipe wrote: »
    Best of luck MS, hope you achieve all that your hard work and dedication deserve.

Thanks K, I hope you're recovering well after your amazing race in Connemara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Enjoy London. Hope you get the result your training deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Have a brilliant day out there, I reckon the Stew PB is in serious danger of being smashed. I've been chasing extra magpies for you :D GOOD LUCK!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Best to you my dear. And smash the hell out of it. X

(P.S. - Thanks for the goodies!!!! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Best of luck, hope it's a great weekend of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Best of luck - see you over the weekend, your only having one of my cans of Dutch Gold afterwards:D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Very best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good luck on Sunday, hope you have a great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

This will be a great race for you MS, your training has been solid all year. Mentally and physically you're in a great place.........just gotta go do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Look Mom Stew, the last couple of marathons have indeed put things into perspective so just go out there and have a blast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

have a great day, go out and smash it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Have a great day on Sunday MS and look forward to hearing about a new shiny PB.

Advertisement