Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greystones lost and found thread. [All Posts here]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

If anyone is missing a bike, there is a ladies mountain bike dumped beside the parking area behind the cresent. Think its blue & white.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 phil_trick

audreyp wrote: »
    We would have brought him in yesterday but it was before work and the vet doesn't open till 8:30 and we couldn't let him into our house cause of our many many cats.
    If we see him around this weekend or after work we will drop him up to Alan to Blacklion to see if he recognises him or if he has a chip.

Hope your cat shows up, very sad losing a pet.

Hi, does he have a blue collar and is he still around?

We have a cat missing in the fairway apartments area, I will put up a post with a photo in a few minutes.

Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Taltos wrote: »
    Just bumping this in case she has turned up somewhere.
    Missing now 3 months.

SelmaCol.jpg

Taltos have you put her up on www.lostandfound.ie? Or put posters in the petshops in the area? You never know, she could be curled up on someones couch somewhere. Have
    there been any sightings at all?
    we couldn't let him into our house cause of our many many cats.

audreyp, how many cats do you have? Sorry to go off topic but it's always nice to see another multiple cat owner in the area.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 phil_trick

Hi

We are missing a male ginger cat in the fairways area, he is friendly.

He is chipped and wearing a blue collar with a microchip tag with his name engraved on the other side.

He has been missing since Easter Monday from us, but missing in the area since Thursday the 12th April.

A photo is attached to this post.

If you have seen him, please get in contact, we are very worried.

We live near the DART station in Glasthule, and a lady from Greystones saw him on the platform (he normally goes to where people are to get stroked / petted), and was worried.
    She took him home to her apartment and then he got out, hence the search for him.

He may be on the way back, and near to the DART line as it is quite familiar to him

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

cotton wrote: »
    Just bumping this in case she has turned up somewhere.
    Missing now 3 months.

SelmaCol.jpg

Taltos have you put her up on www.lostandfound.ie? Or put posters in the petshops in the area? You never know, she could be curled up on someones couch somewhere. Have
    there been any sightings at all?
    we couldn't let him into our house cause of our many many cats.

audreyp, how many cats do you have? Sorry to go off topic but it's always nice to see another multiple cat owner in the area.:)

Just 3 but if I had my way many many more :) they are all indoor cats though because I had another cat..

I'll keep my eye out for your cats so stressful when they go missing! Beautiful cat I love tortoiseshells!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Dmckeown

Bracelet found in Redord park over the weekend with engraving on the front and a date engraved on the inside.

Let me know if anyone is looking for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Single key found on road into delgany this morning - dropping into garda station this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Splat_Mc

Good Afternoon everyone,

we are looking for our kitten (Tino) who has gone missing since the 18th of May, he was last seen in our garden in Applewood heights, but hasn't returned since.

He is a pure black male cat approximately 5 months old and naturally inquisitive by nature.

If you know of his whereabouts, please don't hesitate in getting in contact with us. If you live near the area, we're really appreciate checking outdoors sheds or lock ups in case he's mangaged to get in somewhere he can't get out of

Thanks for the assistance

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BlindBetty

Hi,
    We just moved to Delgany in the past few weeks and on Friday 8th our little cat got out and hasn't come home. She's about 3, small, black with gold flecks and patchs.

Sockie has a tiny patch of pale fur under her mouth that makes her look a little like she is sticking her tongue out of you. She isn't - she's polite ;)

She's very timid and definately not used to the great big outdoors. She has been spayed but unfortunately had no collar and is not chipped.

We've been searching for her all the time but so far no sign of her. If you see her please PM xx

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

BlindBetty wrote: »
    Hi,
    We just moved to Delgany in the past few weeks and on Friday 8th our little cat got out and hasn't come home. She's about 3, small, black with gold flecks and patchs. She's very timid and definately not used to the great big outdoors. She has been spayed but unfortunately had no collar and is not chipped.

We've been searching for her all the time but so far no sign of her. If you see her please PM xx

Do you have any photos you could load?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,041 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

BlindBetty wrote: »
    Hi,
    We just moved to Delgany in the past few weeks and on Friday 8th our little cat got out and hasn't come home. She's about 3, small, black with gold flecks and patchs. She's very timid and definately not used to the great big outdoors. She has been spayed but unfortunately had no collar and is not chipped.

Is this it? black with a hint of gold, white underneath, white paws. Small thing, no collar.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/41611/209457.jpg

Do you have any photos you could load?

Yes -

209463.jpg

209464.JPG

Thanks

For a second there I thought I was looking at my missing cat - absolutely gorgeous Betty.

Thanks, everyone around us has been keeping an eye out. Hopefully, your kitty will turn up. Will see if I spot her. We have two other cats who like to find friends. She looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 blueocean11

Found - West Highland Terrier in Charlesland today 21/06/12 - please contact me if you know who has lost him thanks

WESTIE HAS BEEN REUNITED WITH HIS OWNER :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Hi,

I was just walking along the Bellevue Road and found a westhighland terrier wandering along by himself. After not being able to get through to the number I've taken him home this evening, he's in great shape and a friendly little guy, I've given him some food and water.

If anyone recognises him if they could let me know that'd be great, I've left my contact details with the garda station anyway and if I hear nothing by then I'll bring him up to the vets on Monday morning to see if he's chipped.

I just thought I'd post here to try and get him reunited with his owners. I've attached a photo of him in this thread anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just walking along the Bellevue Road and found a westhighland terrier wandering along by himself. After not being able to get through to the number I've taken him home this evening, he's in great shape and a friendly little guy, I've given him some food and water.

If anyone recognises him if they could let me know that'd be great, I've left my contact details with the garda station anyway and if I hear nothing by then I'll bring him up to the vets on Monday morning to see if he's chipped.

I just thought I'd post here to try and get him reunited with his owners. I've attached a photo of him in this thread anyway.

Freshly groomed and everything! Well done for taking him in.
    I found the gardai to be useless when I found a dog a few months back. I went up several times, as did the owners and the gardai didn't put two and two together.

Can I suggest Facebook and 'lost and found pets' page if you search dog rescues etc in the area. Facebook is what reunited the dog and owners, it's amazing how word spreads. Hopefully he's chipped. I put posters up as well, DART station etc

Best of luck, stay in touch. I'll post on my Facebook also

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The dog was reunited with his owners this afternoon. Thanks for the tips on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Missing since early afternoon while UPC doing an install,His name is Bowzy wearing a blue collar he is micro chipped,Male shih-tzu 18mths old almost white in colour
    Any information appreciated
    Thanks;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Bettyboop, another thread on here about dog run over in Delgany Wood. Hope it's not yours :(

Selandia wrote: »
    Bettyboop, another thread on here about dog run over in Delgany Wood. Hope it's not yours :(
    no thank God my dog went missing today,but thanks anyway;)

Bettyboop wrote: »
    Selandia wrote: »
    no thank God my dog went missing today,but thanks anyway;)

Any luck? Try Facebook as well. I e reunited a dog through Facebook. Found him on the Sth beach and got him back to his owners less than 24hrs.
    Try also lost and found pets Ireland, they also get great success.
    I hope you find the little mite, you must be do worried , we'll keep an eye out for you, maybe post some piccies around dart station pet shops. Hopefully with the microchip he'll get back to you

schmel22 wrote: »
    Any luck? Try Facebook as well. I e reunited a dog through Facebook. Found him on the Sth beach and got him back to his owners less than 24hrs.
    I hope you find the little mite, you must be do worried , we'll keep an eye out for you, maybe post some piccies around dart station pet shops. Hopefully with the microchip he'll get back to you

Thanks for the advice have it on facebook now,Gardai reckon he was dog napped and dont hold out much hope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭mystika121

Missing since early afternoon while UPC doing an install,His name is Bowzy wearing a blue collar he is micro chipped,Male shih-tzu 18mths old almost white in colour
    Any information appreciated
    Thanks;)

PM Sent

schmel22 wrote: »

Thanks for the advice have it on facebook now,Gardai reckon he was dog napped and dont hold out much hope :(

Well that wasn't very helpful of them! I found that they have too much going on to remember a dog missing, I went to the gardai as did the owners and the gardai didn't put 2+2 together. It's true there are a lot of dog napping going on but it does just seem he fancied a wander ( at face value)
    I'll pop it up on my Facebook as well for you. Hopefully someone took him in for the night. Where exactly are you?

Found by lady driving on N11 late yesterday,and handed into ASH animal rescue
    Gardai informed me and gave me number to ring:DThanks to all concerned once again and all people who replied here.:D Boards.ie also

Found by lady driving on N11 late yesterday,and handed into ASH animal rescue
    Gardai informed me and gave me number to ring:DThanks to all concerned once again and all people who replied here.:D Boards.ie also

Fantastic news! What a relief
    Delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Light Brown rabbit found in Delgany wood on sunday floppy eared and angorra like. Send me a PM. He's in good hands.

• Advertisement

Just handed in a set of house keys with a car fob to the Garda station. Set includes a loyalty card as well for one of the supermarkets.

Found on the south beach this am half buried close to a lone sandal - partner of which was left on the steps.

Advertisement