Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

166man wrote: »
    I want this:.....

Sell your own and it could be yours :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

the bolt wrote: »
    in what way is it a ****e box,?i drive 1 of them and it does everything asked of it.it will never win any prizes for its beuaty or anything ellse but it stands me e350 and i put a s/h hub from a breakers .flew the test and handy enough to run,not everyone wants to run an old merc,saab or whatever.each to their own.

This is an argument I fancy.

Unkel was just suggesting that something was wrong with it, thats all. He wasn't saying it is a sh!tbox of a car...... But in all fairness a Kia Rio is a sh!tbox. Its a desirable as slap across the face with a fish. It looks like sh!t, drives like sh!t, has an interior thats of an inferior quality to sh!t and by and large is sh!t.

All of the above is fine though cause this is bangernomics. Many of the cars I've bought,owned for long peroids of time and driven were all sh!t. Lots of cars in here that are suggested are sh!tboxes but the point is economics. So while we've all driven the worst of the worst , there's no point pretending a chicken sh!t is chicken soup cause its not.

Not much point coming in here unless your pride is left at the door.

Saab Ed wrote: »

Unkel was just suggesting that something was wrong with it, thats all. He wasn't saying it is a sh!tbox of a car..................

He defo meant it was a sh1tbox of a car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

RoverJames wrote: »
    Sell your own and it could be yours :)

Not sure how the insurance companies would react to the 1.8 engine and I don't think I could sell mine for what they are going these days.

@Saab Ed - Looks like we're making this the Salfa Romeoaab thread* :D

*Stolen from James May..

166man wrote: »
    @Saab Ed - Looks like we're making this the Salfa Romeoaab thread* :D

Well its funny you should say that :p

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3246064

View2-11121355.jpeg

• Advertisement

Here you go my good sir:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3247248

View2-11127082.jpeg

I like.

This thread needs to have its name changed from bangernomics to " screw your new 20 grand auris, I have a far more desirable car for a grand thanks " ( unless its a Kia Rio .... in which case its just a sh!tbox)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Saab Ed wrote: »
    ( unless its a Kia Rio .... in which case its just a sh!tbox)
    Hey! :mad:

Rio's have feelings too you know!

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

"Shame" is indeed a feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Are you suggesting its worth buying just because you get a 2005 reg for €875?:eek:

As we were having a sh1t box argument, The only explanation for the cityrover is that someone's design brief was to come up with a car that could be as bad in every category as possible!:eek:

I love the way they try to claim that it has some connection to Honda in that add:D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Are you suggesting its worth buying just because you get a 2005 reg for €875?:eek:

As we were having a sh1t box argument, The only explanation for the cityrover is that someone's design brief was to come up with a car that could be as bad in every category as possible!:eek:

I love the way they try to claim that it has some connection to Honda in that add:D
    hey, it could be worse it could be a kia

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Somehow my old trusty mondeo does not feel like total shiet box now! Thx lads !!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Morning ALL..! :)

here's my monday suggestion - fresh looking BM, leather, nct, i like the later rims on it, parking sensors,cruise and aircon, I love e39's - such a well engineered car, daycent yoke I'd say, a good haggle required.......

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633606688e7a8f8789012294fb0140485f80.jpg

http://www.adverts.ie/1544302

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

An indian tin can with an old disused french engine and some british lipstick. I just can't understand why it didn't catch on :confused: it was a sure fire recepie for success.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Morning ALL..! :)

here's my monday suggestion - fresh looking BM, leather, nct, i like the later rims on it, parking sensors,cruise and aircon, I love e39's - such a well engineered car, daycent yoke I'd say, a good haggle required.......

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633606688e7a8f8789012294fb0140485f80.jpg

http://www.adverts.ie/1544302

Dunno. If someone is on the look for 5 series, then I would just suggest go for 525, not 520. Cars like 520 in a very **** spot with 2.2 engine. It's a huge leap from 2.0, and almost feck all difference to 2.5.

Big difference in tax though, and that one seems to be making up for the old engine with price.

dahamsta wrote: »
    Big difference in tax though, and that one seems to be making up for the old engine with price.

That is the thing. Difference in tax between 2.2 and 2.5 is 100 quid. Or 30eu every 3 months.

I mentioned the old engine. 2l v 2.2.Twice the jump, or three times to the 2.5. It's not huge money, but this is bangernomics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Afaik the 2.2 520 came in 2000 but this seems to be a later 2.0l model.

Did the newer ones or older ones came in 2.2 lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Did the newer ones or older ones came in 2.2 lads?

2.2 introduced in late 2000 IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That is the thing. Difference in tax between 2.2 and 2.5 is 100 quid. Or 30eu every 3 months.

People keep forgetting. The tax difference may only be an extra hundred, but if the 2.2 tax bracket is already too high then the 2.5 becomes overly too high.

People keep forgetting. The tax difference may only be an extra hundred, but if the 2.2 tax bracket is already too high then the 2.5 becomes overly too high.

Okay, I will start again; if you are in the hunt for 5 series and willing to pay tax for 2.2, then you might aswell go for 2.5. Nicer bigger engine for just not that much money.
    If you want to buy a 2.0 then jumping to 2,2 and 2.5 is really bad, because the real nasty price jump goes from 2.0 to 2.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

V70 with 3 months Tax and a year NCT in Dublin with MOO COWS.. :D

Full-11131010.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3248045

zapata wrote: »
    V70 with 3 months Tax and a year NCT in Dublin with MOO COWS.. :D

I've been keeping an eye on MK1 V70s with an eye to joining the club, but I'd be suspicious of the mileage on that one. There's better condition out there with twice the mileage.

Exactly my point. It could be just a typo on the ad, but given the price it probably is the 2.0. I wouldn't argue with your /amended/ point ShadowHearth. :) However 2.5s are harder to find and a lot more expensive for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Something tells me my next car is going to either be an Alfa, a Saab or a Volvo based on this thread ;)

A truly hateful car in every way.

I pity the poor sod who had to drive 97k km in that yoke...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

You can be sure it wasn't James May, anyway. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement