Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I love them! Not sure why they don't feature more TBH and that one is really nice looking. A good find!

Too expensive for a good example normally. Any decent example will be beyond 2 litre tax

But if people want to pay extra for the badge, we can certainly throw more up, just don't expect many great cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

flutered wrote: »
    guys i pulled an primera 1.6, nct to july, tax end of the month, great tyres, running fine, (today anyways), for a little over 400 lids, thanks to all who helped, i will need you again.

That's what its all about,
    I bagged a 2001 Volvo V40 last Feb for 1400 and it never missed a beat, absolute minter..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

jharr100 wrote: »
    IS200's don't feature as much as SAABs here.. any reason they're not as loved?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4255084

View2-16004063.jpeg

Because they're a good reliable car,

hard to be an expert pontificating on what goes wrong on them , when they don't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Then again he had an induction kit, dust bin exhaust and was quiet keen on the peddle on the right so probably his own downfall.

For one to fall into bangernomics it would usually be victimised as above and would probably cost at least asking again just to put right.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,833 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

dgt wrote: »
    Too expensive for a good example normally. Any decent example will be beyond 2 litre tax

The is200 only comes in 2L so how can it be beyong 2L tax?

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    The is200 only comes in 2L so how can it be beyong 2L tax?

Sorry meant the IS 300 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

They're a 6 cylinder, that's why they like their juice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

They're a 6 cylinder, that's why they like their juice.

they also come with a 4 pot yamaha beams engine too, but mpg wise it make near as no difference, as it's hard too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

MidlandsM wrote: »
    they also come with a 4 pot yamaha beams engine too, but mpg wise it make near as no difference, as it's hard too :D

But they are Toyotas with a Toyota badge, the others are Toyotas with a Lexus badge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Soarer

unkel wrote: »
    But they are Toyotas with a Toyota badge, the others are Toyotas with a Lexus badge :D

Doesn't stop countless SAABs showing up, and they're only Vectras! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

MidlandsM wrote: »

That was the Altezza only though wasn't it?

Soarer wrote: »

Oooh, defensive, wha? :p

Was only responding to the other post. The 4 pot beams engine is in the Toyota Altezza, not the Lexus IS200 (same car otherwise) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

just a nice little bangernomics update on the yaris. what better bangernomics car for toyotafanbois mammy than a yaris :)

gave out €550 for it with a new NCT and... not much else :P
    passed the test, i can only asume because a priest blessed it before hand.

So, pottered away at it,
    -oil and filter change and new plugs
    -fitted a new headunit because the original one wouldn't receive FM stations
    -fitted a second hand front bumper because some previous owner painted the original one gloss black with a brush :rolleyes:
    -fitted a second hand driver side wing liner because it was just missing :confused:
    -fitted 2 tyres and rims from a scrap yard (hankooks, virtually new thread depth, dated 16th week 2012) because the old ones on the front were perished, one was balding on one edge and had a slow puncture
    -buffed the yellow ****e off of the headlights
    -washed the interior and the carpets which were unbelievably dirty
    -new set of tesco value front mats

despite how it looked, it had a full history to 100k miles, and its at 113k now.

i had a service kit at home so that was "free". paid €60 for the head unit and associated wiring, €100 in the breakers for front bumper, wing liner and 2 rims and tyres (and a few other trim pieces and bits) and €65 on 3 months tax.

so for €775 i give you :
    a car that will last my mammy potentially years

167vwgy.jpg
    2dh7mti.jpg
    waoheb.jpg
    15nm33s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Well wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Some back to black for that bumper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Typhoon. wrote: »
    Some back to black for that bumper ?

ah sure if it stopped raining for 5 fecking minutes i might have a chance :pac:

the old bumper was plenty black, actually looks quite well in the photo but it was horrific, full of drips, globs and brush strokes :P

xfzuj7.jpg

Very tidy little car, you did well. Hope your mum appreciates you :D

NCT till May, 450

What a useless camera
    Full-16673992.jpeg

NCT till Aug, 650

Another Vauxhall
    Full-16679111.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

dgt wrote: »
    NCT till May, 450

What a useless camera

Mileage a tad high!

choons wrote: »
    Mileage a tad high!

face-keyboard-sleep.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Pure bangernomnomnoms

23,135km TD, NCT.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Pure bangernomnomnoms

23,135km TD, NCT.

It sure is :)

Way too expensive though

And the wipers are mutilated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Soarer wrote: »

In the same way that a Skoda is an Audi , Chrysler is a Merc and a Ferrari is and Alfa. And thats not me getting defensive either. Like I said before, the sheer stupidy of that comment nets me a bargain every year just because most people think that way. Its great :D

But if anything was gonna tempt me away from my bargain Saabs, it might just be one of these Talbots .....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4399552

View2-16682875.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Saab Ed wrote: »
    But if anything was gonna tempt me away from my bargain Saabs, it might just be one of these Talbots .....

View2-16682875.jpeg
    Contender for worst photos of the year along with that Vectra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Saab Ed wrote: »
    In the same way that a Skoda is an Audi , Chrysler is a Merc and a Ferrari is and Alfa. And thats not me getting defensive either. Like I said before, the sheer stupidy of that comment nets me a bargain every year just because most people think that way. Its great :D

View2-16682875.jpeg

How dare you be a fanboi on this forum?? Did you not know being a fanboi isn't allowed...:D:pac:

Still, I dream of a nice comfy Saab sometimes when I'm crashing around on my suspension-less Alfa... I'd love an older 9-5 estate 2.3T... Mmmmm :o

I just want the turbo from a 9-5....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

I acquired the one in picture on Christmas eve for 450€
    It looks a bit better than in pictures but still rough and tired.
    Anyway, the engine sounds healthy and is pulling strong so will be used in my 03 one I got while ago. Somebody will then buy the car with no engine from me for 300€. Hopefully the transfer will be done this weekend.

Ad: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4315078

View2-16289674.jpeg

My other Saab here

View2-12946286.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

analfabets wrote: »
    I acquired the one in picture on Christmas eve for 450€
    It looks a bit better than in pictures but still rough and tired.
    Anyway, the engine sounds healthy and is pulling strong so will be used in my 03 one I got while ago. Somebody will then buy the car with no engine from me for 300€. Hopefully the transfer will be done this weekend.

Ad: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4315078

View2-16289674.jpeg

My other Saab here

View2-12946286.jpeg

I doubt that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

Would get near to that in a breakers.

• Advertisement

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

Why?

Weight based the scrap value is nearly €200. Surely someone looking for a few parts will go the extra €100?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement