Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No power steering either?

Nope, good starter cars though. Not the worst looking car either, the Polo of that time was far worse to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

flutered wrote: »
    lads i need a auto max 1.6 with a bit of test, it needs to have a high driving position, if it is low i cannot get out of it, i have less than 1k help pls.

Your list keeps changing lol.

Anyway here is one from back on this thread. Suits your needs and I remember someone saying COULD BE a cheap fix. Pickings are slim otherwise.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4269736

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Joshua J wrote: »

Anyway here is one from back on this thread. Suits your needs and I remember someone saying COULD BE a cheap fix. Pickings are slim otherwise.

Yeah, I think it was Saab Ed who reckoned a fluid change might sort the autobox.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

Joshua J wrote: »

does not answer fone or return emails, anyways at 30 to gal, one could find better motors to to get that return.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4375136

1.2 - nct until june - kilkenny - 600 euro

View2-16568120.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Jayop wrote: »
    Auto?

Yeah flutered looking for Auto circa 1k. Bout as good as it gets for that money I reakon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

barura wrote: »
    Petty motoring. 500 euro. One owner tax and test til middle of the year.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4372287

View2-16564881.jpeg

Oh **** lads, it's not an alfa or saab.

I swear to god I would actually drive any other car over this thing. They are a truely horrible horrible car.

BTW im not having a go at you barura.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4378385

seems honest i think, certainly bangernomics potential, particularly if you managed to get the price down a small bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4378385

seems honest i think, certainly bangernomics potential, particularly if you managed to get the price down a small bit more.
    Small roof damage?

And it looks like the 2 front doors have taken a couple of smacks too. :eek:

No mention of tax or test would have me thinking that neither are present either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Top Dog wrote: »
    Small roof damage?

And it looks like the 2 front doors have taken a couple of smacks too. :eek:

No mention of tax or test would have me thinking that neither are present either.

i only posted it because i thought the add said new NCT... carry on so, never mind :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

i only posted it because i thought the add said new NCT... carry on so, never mind :pac:
    It may well have both tax & test, and with a couple quid off it might be ok.

I was more posting along the lines of "call by all means, but don't get the hopes up" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Ah Bangernomics.. gotta love it! Inspired by this thread I picked this up a few months back. Cost me €600, she had just under 98,000 mls at the time. Had 4 moths tax and 9 months NCT on it, 4 brand new tyres, full Nissan service history... spotless inside and out.

It's a 1.8s so has a few nice little extras like remote central locking, semi bucket seats, alloys, skirts, elec sun roof and mirrors that sorta ****e. Travel from Dublin to Mayo nearly every weekend since I got her and hasn't missed a beat. Lovely planted handling on the motorway and comfortable as an old arm chair! Gets 40mpg ish on a long trip too which is okay for a heavy 1.8 petrol.

They have a poor taxi/old man image which suits me perfectly... ppl ignore it, and no ones gona rob it, haha! Plus that means you can pick them up cheap. €600 well spent! Long live Bangernomics.

_DSC2156.jpg

_DSC2149.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Momerbangics FTW! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

No Primera custard?

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Ah Bangernomics.. gotta love it! Inspired by this thread I picked this up a few months back. ..........

Great bus, lad I worked with back in 2004 ish had one that was only a couple of years old, always liked the look of them :)

jharr100 wrote: »
    No Primera custard?

I'm happy with just my shlice of Primera pie for now, asking for toppings would just be rude.
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Great bus, lad I worked with back in 2004 ish had one that was only a couple of years old, always liked the look of them :)

Alot of ppl seem to dislike the looks, but I tend to agree with ya! I reckon there unfussy and handsome... functional! The handling has to be the best part for me though, doesn't look like one but it's a proper drivers car... Prefer it to my sisters focus which is a great car to drive, also easily out-handles the 306 and Celica I had before it too. Shame its not a bit quicker though, if they made this model with the sr20 engine that the older p11 primeraGT had I'd have one in a heartbeat. :)

Actually that era Primera is/was a good car, good engines, nice options and handling that Nissan tuned on the Nurburgring.

• Advertisement

True that, apparently Ford used the p11 Primera as the benchmark for handling while developing the mondeo... they got near but didn't quite match it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Alot of ppl seem to dislike the looks,
    It's the newer model to yours they dislike and i would'nt blame them :D

Yup newer model lost the plot altogether! In every sense, boat of a yoke :p

Hmmm, I'm starting to look at throwaway Bangernomics now - cars bought for less than €800. If they fall apart, no huge loss, but if they keep running, great. There are some great and some slightly dodgy cars in this category - notably Saabs, Jags, Alfas etc.

I call it Dodgonomics.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Confab wrote: »

I call it Dodgonomics.
    untitle.JPG

The prelude, merc, 520i and rover coupe I had were in that category, the prelude and 520i would last nearly forever :)
    The Zt is there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Confab wrote: »
    If they fall apart

...your a tool for handing over the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

...your a tool for handing over the money.

I'd say he means after a month or so. Lots can't be inspected, to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

You posted all those Saabs outta shear spite of Confabs post :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement