Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

Saab Ed wrote: »
    The burning question, is it tested!!!!.........

-ive according to http://carsireland.ie/add.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Total bias here so please ignore any recomendation as a bangernomics bargain. :D That said they are bomb proof and I'd bet you'd buy this for 300 odd quid. ..... Smokin :p

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4308386

View2-16258318.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

NCT is out in January but still looks like it could be a nice buy.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4309600

Full-16264280.jpeg

Good value DAYSUL and a good honest sounding ad.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4244857

Full-15952856.jpeg

Nearly reluctant to post this incase one of you go and see it before me :pac::pac::pac:

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4306929

Full-16251525.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Good value DAYSUL and a good honest sounding ad.
    ]

You reckon it has a supercharger so?

Selling my 1.9 dci Megane hatchback as lost my job

Then
    Please call or text. Call before 6 due to work.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You reckon it has a supercharger so?

Selling my 1.9 dci Megane hatchback as lost my job

Then
    Please call or text. Call before 6 due to work.

A turbo is technically a supercharger.

He says that he lost his job and doesn't need a diesel anymore. Maybe he got a new job closer to home?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

RoverJames wrote: »
    Would you pay 650 for that? Yes or no.
    I bought a 1992 250d for a good bit less in 2009 that had 236k miles on it that was in better condition than that yoke, so 3 years on Id consider that thing worth about 300 max.
    Can you spot anything not right about the car besides the rust btw?

I wouldn't know seeing as I am not on the hunt for one of those. I'd imagine someone would buy one for rarity sake. It's got a reasonable NCT it's hardly gonna go for €300, let's be realistic. It's also unlikely as you have mentioned many times before that it's going to go for it's asking price. I imagine €500 takes it.

Have you viewed this car or are just assuming that it's not in great condition is what I want to know...

A turbo is technically a supercharger.............

I've never encountered a belt driven turbo :)
    They're both forced induction though.

166man wrote: »
    I wouldn't know seeing as I am not on the hunt for one of those. I'd imagine someone would buy one for rarity sake. It's got a reasonable NCT it's hardly gonna go for €300, let's be realistic. It's also unlikely as you have mentioned many times before that it's going to go for it's asking price. I imagine €500 takes it.

Have you viewed this car or are just assuming that it's not in great condition is what I want to know...

Can't you see all the rot? :)

Any idea as to the obvious fault from the pics yet ? :)

Would you pay €500 for it?

I've never encountered a belt driven turbo :)
    They're both forced induction though.

Read the first paragraph here.:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercharger

• Advertisement

I'd want it for less than half :-)

You have gotta be kidding.

Read the first paragraph here.:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercharger

"When power comes from an exhaust gas turbine a supercharger is known as a turbosupercharger[1] – typically referred to by f**ktards simply as a turbocharger or just turbo. Common usage restricts the term supercharger to mechanically driven units."

In fairness to wiki they clearly differentiate between a supercharger and a turbosupercharger :)

I can yes, I'm not blind but maybe you missed the part when I said, what do you expect for a car of the age and mileage. It's 20 years old and 378k km on it. Did you expect a perfect car with no issues? Get real like.

He won't get the asking for sure, €500 takes it but to value a 'relatively' straight old skool diesel W124 with NCT until June at just €300 is a tad silly IMO.

I probably would part with €500 for it, I like it and while it's slow I'm sure,it's economical, comfortable and reliable. Meets quite a few criteria I think, it's different from the norm too.

"When power comes from an exhaust gas turbine a supercharger is known as a turbosupercharger[1] – typically referred to by f**ktards simply as a turbocharger or just turbo. Common usage restricts the term supercharger to mechanically driven units."

In fairness to wiki they clearly differentiate between a supercharger and a turbosupercharger :)

That doesn't mean that everyone that sells a car knows the difference ;)

I can yes, I'm not blind but maybe you missed the part when I said, what do you expect for a car of the age and mileage. It's 20 years old and 378k km on it. Did you expect a perfect car with no issues? Get real like..........

Maybe you missed the part where I said I bought a 1992 one of them in 2009 for less than that asking price and also I may add less than the €500 you think that will make, so I would expect to do better than that yoke, it's a €300 car to all but the greenest of bangernomics shoppers.

I don't need to get real as I've bought one for less than that 3 years ago, one of us is talking from real life experience and the other isn't :)

No idea as to the obvious fault from the pics yet ???

You're sure it's economical? Define economical in mpg terms.

To be fair I can appreciate where you're coming from, it's a grand bus in comparison to a 1.6 156.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Oh dear, that's a schoolboy error indeed :pac:

Oblig car
    NCT till Nov, 750

Full-16228014.jpeg

Maybe you missed the part where I said I bought a 1992 one of them in 2009 for less than that asking price and also I may add less than the €500 you think that will make, so I would expect to do better than that yoke, it's a €300 car to all but the greenest of bangernomics shoppers.

I don't need to get real as I've bought one for less than that 3 years ago, one of us is talking from real life experience and the other isn't :)

You're sure it's economical? Define economical in mpg terms.

To be fair I can appreciate where you're coming from, it's a grand bus in comparison to a 1.6 156.

It's hilarious to me that you bring in the sly dig about my car in your post. It says an awful lot about you RJ.

Have you owned a 1.6 156? I don't think you have and as such will not accept your views on them. You haven't a clue. :)

EDIT: Apologies mods I understand, just standing up for the blatant dig at my car. I won't drag the thread offtopic.

Have you owned a 1.6 156? I don't think you have and as such will not accept your views on them. You haven't a clue. :)..........

Have you owned a 250d? ...... you seem to have views on them, are we to accept these views? And you go on about sly digs, unreal.

I wouldn't take a POS oil guzzling 156 on the factory plugs to keep bags of coal dry to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Rj and 166 man, its getting to the point where you will both be asked not to post on bangeromics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Whats the obvious fault?

• Advertisement

jharr100 wrote: »
    Whats the obvious fault?

ViewThumb-14613707.jpeg

that pic in the add

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3977215

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Oil pressure gauge is borked.

Oil pressure gauge is borked.

Nope, 3 bar when idling from cold is fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Nope, 3 bar when idling from cold is fine :)
    With 0 rpm? Maybe I am missing something snide here?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The only other thing is the rev counter is not registering.

Esel wrote: »
    ..........Maybe I am missing something snide here?

Nothing snide.
    (not my style :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That's really bugging me now!

Is it something about the 3rd digit on the speedo a little bit raised indicating clocking??

It is the rev counter, hand brake light is only light on and temp and pressure gauges are reading so engine is defo running :) if engine wasn't running to have the gauges reading the key would be in pos 2 so battery light would be illuminated too along with oil pressure light and the oil pressure gauge would be at the bottom.

No I am not nuts :p Think about it. Some Fuchs alloys and a loud exhaust it'll play the part. Keep it for years as a rolling project adding more and more mods as you go. Probably insuarble as a classic by now and tax is only 1.6. While you wont get the cost of the mods back, the reality is this machine (if kept fairly right) will never be worth any less. Left field entry into cool,retro bangernomics with the added bonus of 20 minutes free parking (loading bay) everywhere you go :D ....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4311484

View2-16272285.jpeg

• Advertisement

Just waiting for someone to apply a little home made rat look. Great sleeper. Zero cred what so ever .....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4293627

View2-16189147.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement