Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

How does one check the light colour in each category. I have no download link on the FAE tab like I do with the mocks.

Had passed so wasn't overly concerned.

Thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    How does one check the light colour in each category. I have no download link on the FAE tab like I do with the mocks.

Had passed so wasn't overly concerned.

Thanks

There's a sheet in the stuff that you would have got in the post.

There's a sheet in the stuff that you would have got in the post.

Is it not online?

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

Is it not online?

Ordinarily it is but the poster in question can't access his/hers for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 C1987

has anyone heard back from appeals yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭silverwatch

No not yet. I don't hold out any hope tbh
    C1987 wrote: »
    has anyone heard back from appeals yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

I think it will be first week in january it said six weeks from publication of results on the application form

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

Got an email with a letter today, appeal unsucessful!! back to the books!!

Hard luck but at least you know now!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

Hi, did anyone get their clerical recheck back? They sent me a letter to say that my stage 1 appeal was unsuccessful but I never applied for a stage 1 appeal just the clerical recheck??

Also, has any1 opted to do the revision course?..Is it worth the money..any advice??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

Hi, did anyone get their clerical recheck back? They sent me a letter to say that my stage 1 appeal was unsuccessful but I never applied for a stage 1 appeal just the clerical recheck??

Also, has any1 opted to do the revision course?..Is it worth the money..any advice??

I was away after I got my results for work reasons and so i'm only back since Christmas. I need to enroll for both the revision course and the FAE resits. Do you have both of the enrollment forms?

I think both forms are on the FAe part of the chartered website! have to get them printed myself!

still debating whether the course would be worth while as I'm up north an most classes are held in dublin! ?

I think they are supposed to post the majority of the classes online I live in the north aswell so dont really want to have to travel either

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SJay

Hi,

Would anyone who attended the chartered grind school last year be willing to sell their notes?

I'm repeating both core and elective this year so would be looking for notes for either.

Thanks,

SJay wrote: »
    Hi,

Would anyone who attended the chartered grind school last year be willing to sell their notes?

I'm repeating both core and elective this year so would be looking for notes for either.

Thanks,

If you contact the chartered grind school you can buy their books and they can post them to you.

The courses are brilliant as are the textbooks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lar05

If you contact the chartered grind school you can buy their books and they can post them to you.

The lecturer for the Tax Elective was brilliant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SJay

Yeah I tried that already!! But they said they had none left and won't have any more until the next grinds sessions :( Kinda annoying cos I wont have much study leave this summer so wanted good, concise notes to get up to date on all the material as soon as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wheezy87

One of the lads I know was succesful with him recheck. Got it on IMP and he found out the week before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭AB6891

Is anybody going to do the revision course?

Does anybody have any experience in how good / bad it is?

Cheers.

Wheezy87 wrote: »
    One of the lads I know was succesful with him recheck. Got it on IMP and he found out the week before Christmas

Nice one - failed on IMP myself, im still gutted over it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Wyvern29

Seems as though there was a large number who failed the Core on IMP. However, I have heard that of a good few of these people who failed on IMP then appealed their result under stage 1 appeal and were bumped up to a pass. Think they may have failed a lot of people on IMP and then realised how pointless and irrelevant the subject was so passed some of these people if they did a good exam despite getting a red in IMP. I would expect to see something similar when stage 2 appeals come out.

AB6891 wrote: »
    Nice one - failed on IMP myself, im still gutted over it!!

I know of another girl who failed on IMP and successfully appealed under Stage 1.

I know of another girl who failed on IMP and successfully appealed under Stage 1.

I failed on IMP also, but my appeal was unsuccessful

Sorry to hear that WeeDeee, its a rubbish subject that nobody deserves to fail on.

How are so many people appealing under stage 1 when its for extenuating circumstances only?!

Has any1 recieved their result from the re-check appeal?

How are so many people appealing under stage 1 when its for extenuating circumstances only?!

Has any1 recieved their result from the re-check appeal?

Probably not that many but you always here of someone who knows someone.... I heard of three who appealed one of which I knew personally and she was very sick during exams.
    Clerical rechecks are out on the 22nd i think. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

Wyvern29 wrote: »

Probably not that many but you always here of someone who knows someone.... I heard of three who appealed one of which I knew personally and she was very sick during exams.
    Clerical rechecks are out on the 22nd i think. Fingers crossed!

I know of 2 people who sent in doctors certificates under stage 1 and as far as I know they were not sick during exams. They both got there recheck back before Christmas and passed. They had both failed the elective. It seems to be very easy to get a doctor to give you a cert. The result for stage 2 is out the 14th according to an email I received from the institute.

As far as I am concerned nobody should be allowed give doctor certificates in November/December for exams they sat early September. Doctor certs should be provided at latest a week or 2 after the exams.

katie21 wrote: »
    I know of 2 people who sent in doctors certificates under stage 1 and as far as I know they were not sick during exams. They both got there recheck back before Christmas and passed. They had both failed the elective. It seems to be very easy to get a doctor to give you a cert. The result for stage 2 is out the 14th according to an email I received from the institute.

As far as I am concerned nobody should be allowed give doctor certificates in November/December for exams they sat early September. Doctor certs should be provided at latest a week or 2 after the exams.

If people are getting through an appeals process and they were not genuinely sick it is slightly worrying.

Best of luck to anyone who is awaiting a stage 2 recheck, however I cant imagine many positive outcomes as I think borderline papers are rechecked a couple of time, still - there is always hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭lala1987

its a bit ridiculous - we could have all done that like!!!!!!!! EDIT - Should have!!

anyone know when the clerical rechecks out? has anyone been on to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

They will be released on Monday i think. Would be very surprised if even one persons result was changed.

Advertisement